Sign in to follow this  
Sindusk

Revenant - Modded PvE/PvP (3x Action, New Skillgain)

GMs on Revenant are another joke as well as none of them even play on the server anymore and communication between them and Sindusk is non existent. They say one thing, and Sindusk says another.

Remember when Pazza told us that macros are fine as long as you are at the computer? Then Sindusk removed skills from macroers because it wasn't fine? I do. 

Out of curiosity, which GM did you talk about the arrow pack exploit? Because pazza tends to ignore most things and doesn't care. 

Edited by atazs

4 hours ago, Tolbin said:

- Tolbin

I'm not sure who told you the arrow pack trick was intentional but they should have talked to other staff first. Lack of communication seems to be a problem, and you're clearly not to blame for this going unchecked so long. But now we know this arrow pack method isn't an intentional mechanic, so it's time to stop referring to it as one. I don't doubt you put a lot of time into those casts you have, even with the exploit, but it still pales in comparison to the people who did it legit for months losing countless high casts and gold due to the risks. And you talk about having fun soloing uniques, but that just makes my case - It takes away the challenge from the game, and adding more end-game content in response creates an endless power creep that worsens the problem. Although players (now quit) were able to solo dragons without this exploit before, tons of strategy and risk was required to pull it off, and with your enchants I'm sure it is a breeze in comparison.

I think if enchant power is capped at 200-250 you would still be able to do everything you can now, which is far above and beyond other players abilities. Even using the enchanter crystals legit I don't think you could ever get to 250. It's a generous suggestion in my opinion, and will still leave some room for Channeling and other skills to matter.

Edited by Draulius

2 hours ago, Tolbin said:

-Tolbin

Reading back, I understand that a lot of this looks like it was framed specifically against you and your kills on the players on Arena yesterday. I apologize that it looks that way, and will try to clarify my viewpoint here.

There are many, many enchants above the ones you own on the server. Here is the current highest player-made enchant (that isn't Bloodthirst) on the server:

[13:52:44] Circle of Cunning has been cast on it, so it will increase skill gained with it when used. [732.6]

My philosophy is to encourage players to "break" the mechanics I implement. When titans were first released, there was a total of four slayings of the titans using "cheese" tactics or downright exploits. One of them was so significant that it was used in Wurm Online to slay a unique. In each instance where players abused mechanics to slay the titan, I allowed the slaying to occur and let the players keep the rewards. I encourage people to think outside the box and overcome obstacles. I also encourage players investing time and resources to make something truly unique and magnificent. You've done precisely that with your staff, and it's a marvel to behold.

However, I find it extremely difficult to argue that having enchants which give players up to 8x skill gain is healthy for the server. The crystals were never designed to be utilized in the way they were. I understand that you contacted a GM and reported the issue to check if it was okay when you first discovered it. Unfortunately, there was a fault in communication and I was never informed at the time. Obviously, this is an issue, and I'll be working to remedy that problem with the other staff members of the server in the future. The truth is, had I been informed of this issue, I would have patched it immediately (as I intend to now, hopefully by tomorrow).

I want players to have the moments you did. Fighting one on one with a black hatchling and coming out victorious through sheer power of will and ingenuity. Figuring out how to link mechanics together to their advantage and discovering a new way to advance their goals in the game. In the future, I intend to develop features and content which further those ideals.

While I wish there was a way to make an exception for those who truly invested their time and effort into the items they own, the simple fact is that it truly was not intended to allow crystals to get this out of control. In my search through the database to find other instances of high enchants, your staff stands out as one of the most powerful items. Very few weapons can meet the level of investment your staff has, and I can personally relate with your viewpoint where it appears other players are attacking the mechanics on the basis of what you spent so much time on. It's an impressive piece of work, but it will also remain so. Even through a decay down to 200 enchant power, your weapon would remain in the top 5 highest enchanted items.

It's my responsibility to keep the game enjoyable for everyone and ensure the health of the server. The enchants which are currently available and being replicated are not healthy for the server. It's unfortunate that it turned out this way and needs to be addressed in such a crude manner, but it's a necessary evil that would fester and become worse if left unaddressed. I'll be doing my best to provide some form of compensation for those who have their items negatively affected by the changes.

I enjoyed reading the stories you've shared, and hope to see more in the future.

• Miscellaneous
    • Eternal Orbs can no longer be used on arrows.
    • Effective power of combat enchants on the Arena are now capped to 200 during combat.
      • This change applies to Flaming Aura, Frostbrand, Nimbleness, Life Transfer, Aura of Shared Pain, and Web Armour.
      • The actual enchants will not change for items on Arena, nor will they be affected when transferring. Instead, the calculations during combat will use the lowest value between 200 and your enchant.

• Armoury
    • Armour modifications from the Armoury mod have been repaired. Armour values displayed on the data spreadsheet are now accurate again, and the material modifiers have been restored to their listed values.
      • Most armours now have a higher base DR than they would before.
      • Glance rates should be roughly half of their previous values.
      • Movement speed penalty for chain and plate are significantly reduced.
      • Material movement and damage reduction modifiers have been repaired.
      • Material glance rate and effectiveness modifiers are still not functional.
    • Movement penalties are now displayed on examine for armour.
  • Combat
    • Stamina drain from shield blocking has been roughly doubled.
    • Shield blocking in aggressive stance now costs slightly more stamina than normal. Defensive retains it 50% reduction to stamina drain from shield blocks.
    • Fixed a bug where shield blocking was draining stamina from the attacker instead of the blocker.
  • Miscellaneous
    • Discord Relay now relays chat from in-game CA HELP to the #ca-help channel.
    • Discord Relay now relays chat from in-game MGMT to the #mgmt channel.
    • Bounty rewards for Son of Nogumps have been increased significantly.
    • Upkeep changes have been reverted. Deed upkeep has been returned to vanilla Wurm values.
    • Updated the messaging when using the arena transfer actions. The warnings should now better reflect the current state of the Arena.
    • Players will now sit down when transferring to or from the Arena server.
    • Sleep Powder and Affinity Orbs are no longer no-drop. This means they can now be mailed, but will also drop on your corpse when you die on PvE.
    • Shaker Orb price reduced from 5 silver to 2 silver.
    • Base cost of sealed maps has been reduced by half.
    • Fixed some mounting issues with Chargers. This should correct the behaviour when mounted on a charger and trying to cross a bridge, as well as instances of chargers going underground when mounted.
    • Fixed an issue where GM's could not correct Bloodthirst values due to enchant powers being capped to 999.
    • Fixed a bug where affinity orbs would be consumed even if you selected an affinity that the player was already maxed on.

• Like 2

• DUSKombat
    • Defensive stance penalty to swing speed reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.
    • Frostbrand damage bonus reduced from 33% per 100 power to 30% per 100 power.
    • Flaming Aura damage bonus reduced from 33% per 100 power to 30% per 100 power.
    • Frantic Charge no longer reduces swing speed by 0.5 seconds at any power. Instead, it now reduces swing speed by 0.1% per power (10% at 100 power).
    • Wind of Ages and Blessings of the Dark no longer reduce swing speed by 0.5 per 100 power. Instead, it now reduces swing speed by 0.1% per power (10% at 100 power).
    • Web Armour no longer increases swing timer by 0.1 per 10 power. Instead, it now increases swing timer by 0.5% per power (50% at 100 power, 100% at 200 power). Duration of the status remains unchanged at 1 second per 10 power.
    • Nimbleness now provides slightly more bonus to hit chance.
    • High difficulty creatures (titans, uniques, rare spawns) are now slightly more difficult to hit, especially at lower weapon skill levels.
    • Note: These changes will dramatically affect the DPS output of any weapon with Wind of Ages or Blessings of the Dark.
  • Weapon & Armour Balance
    • Every now and then, we take some time to look at the current meta of the server and adjust a few things to give more playstyles a chance to succeed, with a focus on buffing under-used items instead of nerfing over-used items.
    • Weapons
      • Battle Yoyo swing speed improved from 3.85 seconds to 3.75 seconds.
      • Battle Yoyo critical strike chance increased from 0.8% to 1.2%.
      • Butcher Knife damage increased from 2.0 to 2.5.
      • Carving Knife critical strike chance increased from 0% to 2.0%.
      • Club damage increased from 8.1 to 8.3.
      • Knuckles damage increased from 3.7 to 3.8.
      • Large Axe damage increased from 6.7 to 6.85.
      • Longsword damage increased from 5.9 to 6.0.
      • Longsword swing speed improved from 3.75 seconds to 3.7 seconds.
      • Medium Maul damage increased from 7.85 to 8.0.
      • Medium Maul swing speed improved from 5.0 seconds to 4.9 seconds.
      • Scythe damage increased from 9.25 to 9.4.
      • Scythe critical strike chance increased from 1.6% to 2.2%.
      • Short Sword damage increased from 4.5 to 4.65.
      • Short Sword critical strike chance increased from 2.0% to 2.5%.
      • Sickle damage increased from 6.1 to 6.2.
      • Sickle critical strike chance increased from 0.4% to 1.4%.
      • Small Axe critical strike chance increased from 0% to 0.8%.
      • Small Maul damage increased from 4.8 to 5.0.
      • Steel Spear damage increased from 9.0 to 9.1.
      • Warhammer damage increased from 9.4 to 9.5.
      • Warhammer critical strike chance increased from 0.8% to 1.5%.
    • Armour
      • Cloth base damage reduction increased from 56% to 58%.
      • Cloth effectiveness against slash increased from 80% to 85%.
      • Leather base damage reduction increased from 62% to 62.5%.
      • Studded effectiveness against bite increased from 105% to 107%.
      • Chain base damage reduction increased from 64% to 64.5%.
      • Plate base damage reduction increased from 66% to 68%.
      • Plate effectiveness against crush increased from 93% to 94%.
      • Plate glance rate against crush increased from 12.5% to 17.5%.
      • Plate helmet movement speed penalty reduced from 2% to 1.5%. (Open helm, Basinet helm, and Great helm)
      • Drake Hide effectiveness against slash reduced from 95% to 93%.
      • Drake Hide effectiveness against acid increased from 95% to 97%.
      • Dragonscale effectiveness against crush reduced from 95% to 93%.
      • Dragonscale glance rate against crush reduced from 15% to 12.5%.
      • Dragonscale glance rate against slash increased from 22.5% to 25%.
      • Dragonscale effectiveness against acid increased from 100% to 103%.
  • Player Titles
    • The custom title system has been repaired. Any players who donated to receive a custom title in the past will have it restored and able to be used on their next login.
    • Title rewards that were removed in the past have also been re-implemented:
    • Titanslayer - Defeat a titan in combat.
    • Spectral - Defeat a spectral drake. (Used to be "Spectral Warrior" but has been changed to make better use of the compound title system)
    • Players who previously obtained these titles will need to do so again.
  • Miscellaneous
    • Sorcery resistances and vulnerabilities no longer display a buff icon. The effects from sorceries can still be seen through the Spell Effects interface.
    • Items which display at 100QL (actual QL 99.995 or higher) no longer take damage if they are a repairable object.
    • Traders will now restock with 50 kingdom tokens instead of their previous 10.
    • Fixed a bug where Treasure Maps were never dropping from creatures.
    • Fixed a bug where Replenish would cease working if an item was placed on top of the container.
    • Fixed a server crash when casting Heal on an undead.
Edited by Sindusk
  • Like 1

Since it came to the attention on this thread, the issue of people having insanely powerful enchants has not been fixed, only a patch to stop more people doing it. Now there are those of us with normal capped enchants trying to compete with skill leaderboards only to find out we can't because those competing against us are still using god-tier items we effectively can never again obtain, because the exploit has never been retroactively resolved in any form. We've been told this would be fixed for 1.9, but months have passed since then. It's not admin's fault 1.9 is slow, but it is Sindusk's server that has had these exploits keep being effective for months on-end now.

I think I've put my last 150 hours into purely farming to try and slowly work up to 100 farming, and I discover at the last hurdle that the one person competing with me is just gaining skill 4 times better than me, with the only real options for beating me in sheer skillgain per action being these enchants as otherwise we'd be on-par with one-another in all other means of improving skillgain now.

We have leaderboards on Revenant which adds an aura of competition, but in reality it has become a way to look at how people who did the now-gone quiver-enchant exploit are outpacing you so aggressively you couldn't win if you pulled all-nighters.
Ironically this exploit was patched out completely for our PvP map, capping enchants effective power immediately until a proper fix could be devised. But that was the new PvP'ers that got listened to. The rest of us on PvE? Nah, we just get this massive imbalance. 

I cannot recommend this server anymore. This is hardly the first big exploit, previous big exploits haven't been fixed either. Now It's too unbalanced and fixes for critical issues come in piecemeal on a good quarter of the year.
If you join with the upcoming 1.9, you're going to find yourself in a community that is split between those who did exploits, and those who didn't. There have been 3 critical major exploits on this server, only one was ever retroactively fixed to stop people benefiting from it.

Edited by paterso

• Revenant has been updated to Wurm Unlimited 1.9
  • Updated the following mods from other authors to be compatible with the latest version:
    • Spellmod (Ago)
    • Betterdig (Bdew)
    • HotSFixes (Bdew)
    • Archeotweaks (Bdew)
  • Second Player Demigod: Reevi
    • Congratulations to Reevi on collecting the 50 key fragments required to obtain a Key of the Heavens and ascend to demigod.
    • On Revenant, when a player uses a Key of the Heavens, they trigger a global GL-Freedom event, which allows them to modify their resulting deity. Here's Reevi's responses:
      • [02:03:02] <Fo> I offer the following: Life Transfer, Oakshell, Light of Fo, Charm
      • [02:03:05] <Fo> Choose, Reevi: Which power do you select?
      • [02:03:11] <Reevi> Light of Fo
      • [02:03:35] <Fo> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Light of Fo.
      • [02:03:52] <Magranon> I offer the following: Flaming Aura, Frantic Charge, Efficiency, Dominate, Strongwall
      • [02:03:55] <Magranon> Choose, Reevi: Which power do you wish to wield?
      • [02:04:15] <Magranon> Are you still there? Reevi, you must choose.
      • [02:04:18] <Reevi> Flaming Aura
      • [02:04:25] <Magranon> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Flaming Aura.
      • [02:04:42] <Vynora> I offer the following: Wind of Ages, Circle of Cunning, Aura of Shared Pain, Excel, Opulence
      • [02:04:45] <Vynora> Choose, Reevi: Which enchant power suits your needs?
      • [02:04:50] <Reevi> Circle of Cunning
      • [02:05:15] <Vynora> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Circle of Cunning.
      • [02:05:32] <Libila> I offer the following: Web Armour, Truehit, Rebirth, Drain Health, Drain Stamina
      • [02:05:35] <Libila> Choose, Reevi: What shall be your strongest power?
      • [02:06:05] <Reevi> Truehit
      • [02:06:05] <Libila> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Truehit.
      • [02:06:15] <Unknown Entity> Upon ascension, you will receive Light of Fo, Flaming Aura, Circle of Cunning, and Truehit
    • These spells were then added to the god, alongside randomly rolled other spells.
    • Some of the randomly rolled random spells were removed in order to keep balance.
    • The resulting spell list is available below, alongside the full log of GL-Freedom when the event was occurring.
  • Thelastdab Spell Adjustments
    • Due to changes in how demigods obtain their spell list and passives, Thelastdab's spell list has been modified.
    • The new spell list and passives for Thelastdab are available below.
  • Additional Changes
    • Significant code changes were made across most of the larger mods (Spellcraft, DUSKombat, and WyvernMods) to get them compatible with 1.9 changes.
    • I failed to keep a proper list of changes that I made during this process.
    • None of my changes should have significant gameplay impact. They were focused around compatibility and ensuring that systems would work properly after the update.
    • As a final note, some mechanics may break down due to the large amount of changes the occurred. If you find anything wrong, please report it via ticket or directly to me over Discord and I'll do my best to get it fixed in a timely manner.

GL-Freedom Chat Log from Reevi's Ascension

Spoiler

[02:01:25] <Unknown Entity> What is this I feel? Something is happening.
[02:01:30] <Unknown Entity> Who is this creature? This... Reevi...
[02:01:34] <Unknown Entity> Ah, there you are. Like a speck of dust. I see you.
[02:01:38] <Unknown Entity> You possess a large quantity of divine power.
[02:01:42] <Unknown Entity> I'll take it. In exchange, I will grant you one wish.
[02:01:45] <Unknown Entity> Let's hear it. Reevi: What do you desire most? Power? Wealth? Recognition?
[02:01:50] <Jiraid> buttes
[02:01:55] <Unknown Entity> Nothing to say? I'll give you a few more seconds...
[02:01:57] <Reevi> Power
[02:02:05] <Reevi> power
[02:02:05] <Unknown Entity> Hah! You want power? Such a lack of imagination.
[02:02:10] <Libila> Master, I recognize this one.
[02:02:15] <Libila> Reevi is my champion, and possesses the fragments of the hunt.
[02:02:20] <Unknown Entity> Silence, Libila! I was just offering a trade, that's all.
[02:02:25] <Libila> Master, you know the rules. Ascension is required.
[02:02:29] <Unknown Entity> Yes, yes. Rules and tradition and all that wonderful stuff. Alright. Let's begin.
[02:02:33] <Unknown Entity> Reevi! Your efforts have not gone unnoticed.
[02:02:37] <Unknown Entity> For your valor, I shall lift you into the heavens and bestow upon you ascension to demigod.
[02:02:40] <Unknown Entity> A shame, really. Now you wont get power. Oh well.
[02:02:44] <Vynora> Master...
[02:02:48] <Unknown Entity> I digress. We, as the council of the heavens, shall grant you one power each.
[02:02:52] <Unknown Entity> Fo. We'll start with you.
[02:02:55] <Fo> Greetings, Reevi. I am Fo, the Silence and the Trees.
[02:02:59] <Fo> For you, I grant a decision between four of my powers.
[02:03:02] <Fo> I offer the following: Life Transfer, Oakshell, Light of Fo, Charm
[02:03:05] <Fo> Choose, Reevi: Which power do you select?
[02:03:11] <Reevi> Light of Fo
[02:03:14] <Reevi> light of fo
[02:03:22] <Reevi> Light Of Fo
[02:03:24] <@Sindusk> it worked
[02:03:28] <@Sindusk> just give him time
[02:03:29] <Reevi> o
[02:03:31] <Reevi> lol
[02:03:34] <Jiraid> LIGHT OF FOOOOOOO
[02:03:35] <Fo> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Light of Fo.
[02:03:40] <Unknown Entity> Your first power is Light of Fo from Fo. Next up, Magranon.
[02:03:44] <Magranon> Greetings, Reevi. I am Magranon, the Fire and the Mountain.
[02:03:47] <@Sindusk> it takes him 30 seconds to respond, just type it out with capitalization
[02:03:48] <Kizmet> say it louder reevi he didnt hear you xD
[02:03:48] <Magranon> I was going to offer you six powers, but you already chose Light of Fo, which is incompatible with one of mine.
[02:03:52] <Magranon> I offer the following: Flaming Aura, Frantic Charge, Efficiency, Dominate, Strongwall
[02:03:55] <Magranon> Choose, Reevi: Which power do you wish to wield?
[02:04:15] <Magranon> Are you still there? Reevi, you must choose.
[02:04:18] <Reevi> Flaming Aura
[02:04:25] <Magranon> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Flaming Aura.
[02:04:30] <Unknown Entity> Your second power is Flaming Aura from Magranon. Your next power shall come from Vynora.
[02:04:34] <Vynora> Greetings, Reevi. I am Vynora, the Water and the Wind.
[02:04:38] <Vynora> I have much to offer you. Unlike my peers, I can only offer you enchant powers to choose from.
[02:04:42] <Vynora> I offer the following: Wind of Ages, Circle of Cunning, Aura of Shared Pain, Excel, Opulence
[02:04:45] <Vynora> Choose, Reevi: Which enchant power suits your needs?
[02:04:50] <Reevi> Circle of Cunning
[02:05:04] <@Sindusk> just wait 30 seconds ?
[02:05:15] <Vynora> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Circle of Cunning.
[02:05:16] <Kizmet> :D
[02:05:18] <@Sindusk> if they dont ask you to respond, it worked
[02:05:20] <Unknown Entity> Your third power is Circle of Cunning from Vynora. You have one more to choose. Libila!
[02:05:24] <Libila> Greetings, Reevi. I am Libila, the Hate and the Deceit.
[02:05:28] <Libila> My offerings are the most powerful of all, so choose wisely.
[02:05:32] <Libila> I offer the following: Web Armour, Truehit, Rebirth, Drain Health, Drain Stamina
[02:05:35] <Libila> Choose, Reevi: What shall be your strongest power?
[02:05:55] <Libila> Are you still there? Reevi, you must choose.
[02:06:00] <Reevi> Truehit\
[02:06:05] <Reevi> Truehit
[02:06:05] <Libila> I hear you, Reevi, and grant you the power of Truehit.
[02:06:10] <Unknown Entity> So it appears you have completed your choices.
[02:06:15] <Unknown Entity> Upon ascension, you will receive Light of Fo, Flaming Aura, Circle of Cunning, and Truehit
[02:06:19] <Unknown Entity> There is one last question to answer. Which of the council shall you base your ascension on?
[02:06:23] <Unknown Entity> Each comes with their own benefit. They will explain them to you.
[02:06:27] <Fo> I can grant you immunity to thorns and the wildlife shall no longer be aggressive.
[02:06:31] <Magranon> I can grant you immunity to lava and increased learning from combat.
[02:06:35] <Vynora> I can grant you industrial aptitude.
[02:06:39] <Libila> I can grant you healing and replenishment from mycelium.
[02:06:45] <Unknown Entity> The choice is yours, Reevi: Which deity shall you base your ascension on? Fo, Magranon, Vynora, or Libila?
[02:07:01] <Reevi> Magranon
[02:07:09] <@Sindusk> meta slaveee
[02:07:15] <Unknown Entity> Your ascension shall be based on Magranon.
[02:07:16] <Reevi> ;)
[02:07:18] <Kizmet> LOL
[02:07:20] <Unknown Entity> With this council concluded, I now award you, Reevi, with the Key of the Heavens.
[02:07:23] <Superrover> do it for the m3ta
[02:07:23] <Unknown Entity> Use it, and claim your place among the gods.

5maYmsR.png
pAWr2Mj.png

Edited by Sindusk

• 1.9 Update Bug Fixes
    • Fixed a bug causing horses and some vehicles to not be able to be embarked.
    • Fixed a bug causing Expand to not be able to be cast.
    • Updated Taxidermy to resolve an issue with animated corpses not being able to be selected.
    • Fixed a bug causing Enchant Orbs not to work properly.
    • Fixed a bug where Essence Drain wounds were not being applied in DUSKombat. The damage dealt from these wounds will not be calculated for loot assistance. This will be fixed at a later time.
    • PvP Damage Multiplier in DUSKombat has been reduced by 30% on Revenant Arena.

This does not solve all issues with the patch but hits most of the extreme problems. More fixes will come shortly.

There's been a lot going on recently, and I'd like to give a bit of background on where we stand, what's been going on, and what the near future looks like. However, first, the patch notes of today:

• New Mod: Fishy Tweaks (by Bdew)
    • Added on screen notification when a fish bites (when rod fishing) or spawns (spear fishing)
    • Caught fish can be automatically stored
      • When fishing from the ground this will try to store the fish in any keep net that the player has open
      • When fishing from a boat it will try to store in attached keep net, or crates/FSBs for larger ships or ship hold
      • When fishing with a net and none of the above apply the fish will be moved from the net to player inventory
    • Added passive skill gain ticks during fishing actions
    • Spear fishing no longer misses if you click too far from the fish. Instead - if you click close you will get a bonus to your skill check
    • Nimbleness cast on spears makes fish with them easier
    • Wind of Ages and Blessing of the Dark casts on rods/spears/nets and their QL make fishing with them faster
    • Timers for various stages of the fishing and lore actions can be changed
    • Lore action will display a detailed report on all that you can currently catch after 40 skill
      • After 60 skill you will be able to look up detailed report on each fish, see what it likes and how it affects your chances
  • Enchant Decay
    • Once per day, there will be an enchant decay tick for items with casts over 250. This excludes Bloodthirst.
    • If there are casts over 250 (that are not Bloodthirst) on the item, the system will remove 3% of the difference between the current power and 250. For example, a 400 cast would have 4.5 power removed.
    • Arrows have a special exception which causes them to decay down towards 150 instead.
    • This system is temporary and intended to be removed after some amount of time (likely a few months).
  • Miscellaneous Changes
    • Updated Bulk Sorted mod (thanks Bdew)
      • Crate sorting has been disabled.
        • This was originally an unintended side effect of bulk separated which I wanted to fix, but never got around to.
        • With this update, there is a configurable option for it and crates will no longer be able to be sorted.
        • Existing crates with sorted contents will retain their sorted items, but items added to them will probably not sort correctly.
      • Bulk objects with a plural name will now always use their singular name. For example, it will always be "lump" instead of "lumps" - this prevents an issue where the sorting would create two separate groups if there was only one of a certain quality and multiple of another.
      • Faster transfer has been enabled, which makes bulk-to-bulk transfers faster.
      • Moving objects out of a bulk container is no longer limited by player strength.
      • Hopefully fixed a bug where crates would sometimes randomly change to unsorted after a server restart.
    • Cross Faith Linking has been repaired, and priests can now link with any player regardless of faith.
    • Added the item Statuette of Reevi. Reevi priests will continue using the Fo statuette until the next update to give players who have converted a chance to make their new statuette before the change occurs.
    • Armour Limit Factor functionality has been repaired. Armour Limits for all armour should now reflect pre-1.8 values.
    • Added Bloodthirst infection wound functionality to DUSKombat.
    • Priests with over 70 faith in a non-deity will get bonuses in combat similar to those from the priest rework.
  • Bug Fixes
    • Fixed an issue where high-power enchant casts would sometimes reduce the resulting cast. Additionally, channeling has now been added to the calculations, and improvements to casts will be more impactful with higher channeling.
    • Arrow Packs are now tagged as weapons and should properly accept weapon enchants again.
    • Fixed a bug where Replenish could not be cast on certain containers.
    • Fixed an issue where planted objects could not be moved or stolen on Arena.
    • Fixed a bug where Expand could not be cast on magic containers. (Thanks Bdew)

Communication to the Players

I've been doing a poor job communicating to the playerbase of the server recently. I'm sorry for that and I'll aim to do better in the future, starting now with everything stated here. I try to respond to personal messages as much as I can, but sometimes there's more than I can manage to respond to. If I ever failed to respond to a message, please don't take it as a personal insult or me ignoring you. I get many messages and sometimes get distracted and forget to respond to some.

Enchant Decay

A couple months ago it came to my attention that an exploit has been created through a series of my mods that allowed players to obtain unreasonable enchant power on their items. Due to some miscommuncation, this was abused to a significant degree and created super items that were far beyond the intended scope of the mechanics. I've addressed this in a previous post, and patched the exploit quickly to prevent further abuse. However, I failed to implement a system to remedy the problem quickly. At the time, I expected 1.9 to come out within a few weeks, and was awaiting the priest rework to avoid having to write the system twice (once before, and then a fix/repair after the priest rework came out). In hindsight, this was a poor decision. The 1.9 update did not come out as quickly as I anticipated and we were left with players using these exploited tools for several months. I should have responded far more quickly and implemented the enchant decay, despite having it break or require a rewrite with the 1.9 update.

Next Steps

The next additions to the server will include a hunting map, custom improvements and additions to the journal (such as titan slaying objectives & rewards), adjustments to large-scale combats (legendary creatures, titans, etc), and the Gem Augmentation skill (which I've been waiting to complete for nearly a year). I've been eagerly awaiting the ability to move away from bug fixes and adjustments towards creating new content for the game.

However: The next few weeks of my time will be largely devoted to a few other game-related objectives outside of Revenant.

Wyvern Reborn

As many of you know, Wyvern Reborn has been largely neglected in favor of Revenant's development. So much so, in fact, that it still runs on Wurm Unlimited 1.7. This was not a problem until the 1.9 patch, when downgraded clients could no longer connect to the server. While I'm unwilling to update the mods and revive Wyvern Reborn, I feel it would be neglectful to wipe it away and remove it forever. In that vein, I'll be doing an identical process to the previous owners of Wyvern. As the next task, I'll be working on taking Wyvern Reborn offline and publishing the server files to the public for others to potentially update & rehost the server. This will take some time, as I don't want to release information that should not be released in the databases, such as twitter authentication keys, passwords, and chat logs. I also need to organize and release the source code for all the mods that were active at that time, since they have undergone significant changes.

Configurable WyvernMods

Due to the generous contributions of patrons on my Patreon, we've reached the stretch goal of making the WyvernMods collection configurable. This is already partially in progress with some of the changes made today, but it will take more time before I'd feel comfortable releasing it as a mod for any server to use. Players on Revenant might not be seeing the benefit of doing this, but there are actually significant improvements that will come along with making the mod configurable.

• Staff members would be able to assist me with updates to the server.
  • Custom titles could be created for events with a single configuration line.
  • Adjustments to creatures and balance could be made through configurations instead of having to be coded.
  • Development speed would accelerate as the configuration becomes more robust. For example, making item recipes configurable will allow faster implementation of new items.

I expect to have a prototype or working version of the configurable WyvernMods within the next week or two.

Conclusion

While we're in a bit of a transition period from 1.9 still, progress is being made at a steady pace. I'll do better to keep everyone updated as time goes on.

• Like 3

it was designed for pve players to enjoy pvp without loss of effort to maximise fun/lure some pve players who wouldnt normally give pvp a go. As sindusk has mentioned many times before, its not for everyone. quite a few people get demoralised from the loss of hours of working imping gear to have it lost in pvp. 

(im not biased here, i actually enjoy full loot pvp and dislike the no loot change)

I would like to learn some pvp.  And I have pretty limited playtime.  So I’ll never be elite/Uber.   No loot sounds good to me.      For what it’s worth.  

• Miscellaneous Changes
    • Fixed several custom spell changes that broke after the priest update:
      • Difficulty of Dark Messenger reduced from 40 to 30.
      • Drain Stamina cooldown increased from 30 seconds to 1 minute.
      • Difficulty of Wind of Ages reduced from 60 to 55.
      • Cost of Wind of Ages reduced from 50 favor to 40 favor.
      • Cast Time of Charm Animal reduced from 20 seconds to 15 seconds.
    • Reevi priests will now use the Statuette of Reevi item to cast spells.
    • Fixed issues with meal achievements not working properly to update the journal.
    • Fixed a bug where Thelastdab priests would de-priest after gaining alignment.

On 5/15/2019 at 11:33 AM, JPaq said:

I would like to learn some pvp.  And I have pretty limited playtime.  So I’ll never be elite/Uber.   No loot sounds good to me.      For what it’s worth.  

One can still kill other players for the satisfaction it gives.

While you get no loot from players, you can in pvp map get stuff from 2 repeating special events, by capturing a depot or hota pillars. 

When I checked https://www.isitdownrightnow.com/ it said the website was down, and I can't access it. 

Does anyone know when the website will be back up? I'd like to look at the map. 

Edited by Cally

Noone really knows. Sindusk said he will look into it, but he has abandoned Revenant altogether 

Relaunch this@Sindusk.  With all of these changes, GM and website issues I think a fresh start would be very appealing to a lot of people. You do a great job and having all of these changes in from the beginning would be great to see. I think this would be a strong population server.

The server is active though the player count data is buggy, much over the real numbers. For pvp players the situation would be interesting. A team of witches did recently start a deed in the arena pvp map. You would have people to fight against.

Relaunch would mean that players would lose everything and would have to start all over again. Who would like that ######?