header.png

Greetings, Wurmians!

Easter is fast upon us and I’m sure everyone has plenty of plans for devouring large quantities of chocolate as well as chasing down rabbits. So I’ll be fairly quick with this as we’ll be taking the Easter weekend off, but there’s still plenty to cover. So let’s jump right in, shall we?

Easter!

The Easter Bunny has been hard at work over the past year revamping his Easter eggs, and now you get to taste them! Instead of needing to decay, foraged eggs can now be opened by right-clicking and will contain the following: a piece of yummy chocolate, one sleep powder, and either a gem, a star gem, or an archaeology statue fragment.

These will only apply to the one foraged egg per premium player. The eggs dropped by the Easter Bunny around spawn towns will operate as they have in previous years.

Preview Client

Our client developer, Samool, has been hard at work preparing the preview client for live release. We are nearing that time, so it’s very important for everyone to test it to ensure that it works smoothly before its live release, much like the release of the 4.0 client. The link to the preview client can be found here: http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient_preview.jnlp

And as always, if you do encounter any issues, please report them in this forum section:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/forum/27-client-bugs/

A Riddle

Sometimes red, sometimes green
For a long while, I have not been seen
Angry to raging, lurking to slow
Sometimes I could even grow
Occasionally yellow, sometimes blue
Soon I'll return to a lair near you

What am I?

Spring Fashion Winner

The music has played, the champagne has been drunk, and the models have done their little turn on the catwalk--yeah, on the catwalk. I’d like to thank all the participants for entering. (And I’m pleased to see some of my own products featured!) Because of the quality responses we received, we weren’t able to choose just one winner. So we have arranged two runner-up prizes of one month’s premium each. And the winners are… drumroll please!

In first place, Rufous Beard Troll with this gorgeous green scale with orange accessories!

RSQU3sL.jpg

The two runners up are:

Xallo with his 2018 spring farmer chic

Czb1x6B.jpg

Renate with her beautiful blue foresters hat and shirt ensemble.

ZjxkIeY.jpg

Congratulations to the lucky winners, if you could PM me at some point and I’ll arrange the rewards!

WU Beta

As many of you may know, the Wurm Unlimited 1.6 beta is now available! It contains many long-desired features from Wurm Online and is currently in testing with the modders. We have no set date for its live release currently, but expect it to be sometime next week.

Blossom Redesign

blossom.png

Designed by Joelle and brought to life by the citizens of Pristine (Evening, Kasumi, Tilda, virusmd and almostsolitude along with MANY others (sorry)), the deed formerly known as Blossom (it’s still called Blossom, but it used to be called Blossom, too) is finally complete with a brand-new design. It’s a beautiful use of the new pavement types to create flowers on the hills, and features a fully functional mine along with a public smithy! One building has even been dedicated to the glory that is my beard--thanks, girls. Be sure to drop in and check it out on Pristine next time you’re in the area.

With this design out of the way, we’ll begin looking at which starter deed could benefit from a community revamp next. Which deed would you like to see done?

Community Content

One of our resident extremely talented Wurmians, Malena, whom many may know from her series of recreating the world of Ultima Online in Wurm Unlimited has launched her very own fan site! It’s an amazing collection of her experiences, her work on the project, and is now home to the incredibly useful, updated item list. For those of you who don’t know what the item list is, Malena has taken the time to collect an image of every item in Wurm and has displayed them in an easy-to-use guide, giving players a great way to peruse the catalogue before decorating.

It’s an amazing labour of love, and I’m so thrilled at how it’s turned out, as Malena surely is too! Check it out here:

Well that’s it for this week! On behalf of the Wurm team, I’d like to wish you all a safe and happy Easter. May the Easter Bunny be kind to you all. And as always, keep on Wurming!

Retrograde & The Wurm Team

• Like 20

Thank you to all who helped with the Blossom project, couldn't have done it without you! It turned out amazingly!

• Like 12

COLOURFUL UNICORNS!

(If I'm right, do I win a rare one of each? :D:D:D  )

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Evening said:

COLOURFUL UNICORNS!

(If I'm right, do I win a rare one of each? :D:D:D  )

fairly sure you nailed it, I was about to say purple dragon

• Like 1

Are the eggs in already?

And what does this mean?

"These will only apply to the one foraged egg per premium player."

Only one foraged egg allowed per prem account?

Edited by Rocklobstar

A Riddle

What am I?

The support chaos deserves

• Like 12

What is the situation with fixing Mac users not being able to launch wurm at all?

• Like 1

Wow, Zaj as a successful supermodel! Grats Annyil for my fashion design :)

Also it was a great surprise, it was a real strong lineup

(now I'm open for juicy contracts, Zaj will be the face of your business brand for a pile of gold yearly :P )

• Like 4

I guess we are getting back weird looking animals.  yay?

I am not feeling the hype I had for things like bridges and cooking and when we were going to get xanadu.  

Maybe it is just me.

And in no way am I saying the past updates are not cool.  Just saying, I like to look forward to reading about what the dev team is doing for future updates, not just reading riddles.

Like, I know we are working on UI, but nothing has been provided beyond that.

Edited by Ascorbic

Nice. Its easter. I knew that when my son got a week off from school.

Now, can the real news update be released? Anything on the works or does the dev work amounts to coloring stuff from now on?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

What am I?

YESSS COLOURED UNICORNS!!!!

4SbQzOo.jpg

TIME TO TURN THAT BLOOM BACK ON!

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 9

49 minutes ago, Rocklobstar said:

Are the eggs in already?

I saw in CA Help that you will be able to forage for the eggs on Easter which is on Sunday.

Also, congrats to the winner and runner ups :)

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

Unicorns will bring people back.

<_<

• Like 1

Awww shucks guys! Thanks for the mention! (adding a "resources section" as we speak with all the materials, parts, bits and bobs)

And well done to the fashionable winners! 

Love those tiles in Blossom too!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

What am I?

A spicy chicken? :D

ZOOo3E7.png

Thank you retro and wurm team :D

And good job on the website @Malena !

And boo to the people trying to stink up yet another thread.... and then wondering why no one wants to play with them on their precious PVP servers. You are the reason why you can't have nice things.

• Like 12

52 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

All your skittles animals are belong to me!

please, please, let us tease shrimpiie, bring different colours crabs

There is many aspects of work going on, from the UI overhaul, to client performance and visual improvement, to bug fixes and other yet unannounced projects. 

We currently do not have anything to share with these yet as they are too far off to give concrete information on, and no fixed timeframes, which leads to things like bridges, or animal crates (though that ones delayed for technical reasons, I claim innocence!) 

Rest assured more work is ongoing, and we'll be able to share it soon I hope, once we have firm details and are able to provide reasonable release frames 

7 hours ago, Karidwen said:

What is the situation with fixing Mac users not being able to launch wurm at all?

We have a client in testing that can work with mac, but no live build yet, will not be long at all though, I assure you all 

• Like 5

I'll just leave this here...

It's April Fools weekend.

18 hours ago, Mclavin said:

The support chaos deserves

You're confusing riddles with jokes Mclavin

2 hours ago, Wreck said:

I'll just leave this here...

It's April Fools weekend.

They can do better for April Fool's day.  Remember when we all woke up as gnomes?  With this being Easter too, we could all wake up as Easter bunnies, or giant eggs.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bdew said:

A spicy chicken? :D

ZOOo3E7.png

That chicken's gonna be dry!

Great for naval warfare though... Jetez la poule!

Blossom is looking great.  Tempted to log in just to sail over to Pristine and have a look :)

Grats to the fashion gurus, and really like Xallo's Farmer style.

Thanks to @Malenafor the items list, always fun to browse and conjure up ideas.

Fun news edition this week.

• Like 1