Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Equip horsegear by dragging onto horse

without the need to open the menu, can we just drag onto horse like we do with items into chests/bsb etc. 

Also would be cool to be able to right click a saddle/barding and click unequip without accessing the horse menu too.

To add on

I wouldn't mind a window like the one we have for our characters but for a horse.  Shows where damage is.  Drag and drop, heal, etc.  Maybe even list traits.

Sort of a graphical examine and inventory.

Maybe perform genesis through it too.

53 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I'd really love changing the equip window for horses to a mini paper doll type window as long as it's much much smaller/resizable so it doesn't take up too much space (or an option to use either window)

Then wounds are easily accessible like for healing yourself, you can drag gear onto the middle to equip it all, allow unequip bind to work if you have permission (branded, tamed)

If we have permission to take the gear, allow us to repair it without having to take it off and put it back on

Then just add an "open saddlebag" option on right clicking the horse to open the saddlebag in its own window, also allowing the open keybind to work when using it on the horse

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

+1

Maybe fill saddlebags the same way :) 

• Like 2

Just linking a related thread from a few days ago.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/161852-option-to-turn-off-dragging-into-container-on-ground/

I think it wouldn't affect horses since that wouldn't combine anything, but just in case there's some mechanic I don't know about, thought it might be useful to bring that into the conversation.

Otherwise, +1.

I wouldn't mind a window like the one we have for our characters but for a horse.  Shows where damage is.  Drag and drop, heal, etc.  Maybe even list traits.

• Like 2

+1 opening the horse then the body right down to individual feet is so painful let alone then dragging to each place

• Like 1

are we talking about if you are riding said horse or on the ground. If on the ground, totally +1, but in the middle of riding, it should be pve only, due to arguments regarding "he equipped his horse so we couldn't one shot it, we two shot it..." You know they will come, people always complain on both sides when pvp related changes come in. Mind as well go around it and not implement it for riding. However, if you are stationary, and off the horse, sure. 

• Like 1

On ground only, nothing changes in that respect

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

Absolutely +1 it is an unnecessary pain to equip a horse in all the submenues now.

Worst is a saddle bag, please change the way to access it too.

• Like 1

+1 

I hate opening and expanding and resizing the bloody window to manage my horse gear.

I don't mind doing that to inspect the gear for damage, but when just swapping gear sets from hells to normals and back again its a pain in the butt and I have actually lost horse shoes by trying to equip them to the wrong foot part.

• Like 1

I'd really love changing the equip window for horses to a mini paper doll type window as long as it's much much smaller/resizable so it doesn't take up too much space (or an option to use either window)

Then wounds are easily accessible like for healing yourself, you can drag gear onto the middle to equip it all, allow unequip bind to work if you have permission (branded, tamed)

If we have permission to take the gear, allow us to repair it without having to take it off and put it back on

Then just add an "open saddlebag" option on right clicking the horse to open the saddlebag in its own window, also allowing the open keybind to work when using it on the horse

• Like 5

+1 that would be a lot better, especially with checking wounds too

If you think about it a lot of actions could be click and drag based. Dragging cotton over my paper doll wound will start a heal, dragging a hammer over a sword in the forge will start the hammer imp on the sword. 
Dragging a steel and flint over a forge to start lighting, little options that allows less clicking and a more fluid drag over/drop. 

Dragging a rake over a farmed tile, if untidy it farms first then second drag harvests, just small non right click options, I could see the combat/pvp benefiting from this a little bit more too.
Just dragging cotton over a injured player to start cotton a random wound...

Dragging a rope over a horse starts leading the horse

Edit: Drag/dropping items over a forge could cause items to drop into it. So for items in inventory, mallet to imp my scale jacket etc.

Edited by Mclavin

On 3/26/2018 at 10:39 PM, Reylaark said:

Otherwise, +1.

50 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Is that pretty much the same thing?  Not sure what you mean by paper doll.

• Like 1

Your player screen where you can see wounds i think is called a paper doll

And yes it's the same idea

Edited by Mclavin

2 hours ago, Mclavin said:

If you think about it a lot of actions could be click and drag based. Dragging cotton over my paper doll wound will start a heal, dragging a hammer over a sword in the forge will start the hammer imp on the sword. 
Dragging a steel and flint over a forge to start lighting, little options that allows less clicking and a more fluid drag over/drop. 

Dragging a rake over a farmed tile, if untidy it farms first then second drag harvests, just small non right click options, I could see the combat/pvp benefiting from this a little bit more too.
Just dragging cotton over a injured player to start cotton a random wound...

Dragging a rope over a horse starts leading the horse

Edit: Drag/dropping items over a forge could cause items to drop into it. So for items in inventory, mallet to imp my scale jacket etc.

My guess is that this is a major part of the new GUI. I dont know, but they said a massive ramp of it was underway and this is what Im betting on, making it more intuitive and less clicky.

Id like to see easier ways to interact with the horse as I sometimes play on a small, windowed screen. theres lots of stuff thats nearly impossible to do with it, but horse gearing is probably the worst.

• Like 1

Im surprised the Immersion kiddies from freedom haven't gone ##### up hearing about this