Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Bring Locate Sou/Cave View Range over to Chaos from Epic

On epic it's currently 200 tile max range. Bring this over to chaos, it helps fight alt abuse and priest spam and encourages roaming.
Make this CHAOS Only and not effect freedom.

Also reduce cave view range as this helps against alts in caves.
Don't change for freedom

On top of that i would suggest 300 tiles being the max range instead of the current 200 on epic, ele was flat so to move into a better position was easy and chaos has more obstruction between you and the target. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 4

+1  Locating someone right now on Chaos is stupid. There's no way you can prevent it. I went out a week ago, climbed a mountain, my nolo dropped, in 20 minutes i had 5 enemies in my local. It took them 20 minutes to reach my position on hell horses, thats fair to say it was very far away. That's how stupid the locate system is right now. There's no point in roaming if everyone always knows where you are at the press of a button.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 3

While I agree Locate Soul eeds to be changed, I fail to see the point of extending the range to 300 tiles.  

• Like 3

Because with elevation players were finding the range to be too short to be effective of anything just outside of local. I think adding another 100-200 tiles will help combat the fact chaos isn't just a flat map where you can move where ever you want just to get closer range. 400 on chaos will feel like 200 on ele + tweak the fact that players felt it was too short most of the time.

Epic was just a testing ground so we should tweak as we go, maybe others found 200 to be fine, i haven't heard that much tho

Been a while since i pvp'd but if this had come up for epic only while i was still pvping on chaos i'd have been pretty damn mad. Locate soul is up there with twitter alarms and teleporting for server wide stuff thats way too effective. Allowing any kingdom the power to police the entire server with one simple spell is a detriment to smaller groups trying to get into pvp.

+1

• Like 1

+1 but can we please get a delay on karma home abilities, the 20 tile cave view +karma = really dumb lol

like two minutes would do wonders, as of now on epic you can have small 1 tile caves everywhere and karma when there are enemies 21 tiles from you chasing you

• Like 2

2 hours ago, platinumteef said:

+1 but can we please get a delay on karma home abilities, the 20 tile cave view +karma = really dumb lol

like two minutes would do wonders, as of now on epic you can have small 1 tile caves everywhere and karma when there are enemies 21 tiles from you chasing you

karma home was just... one of the worst things to add to the game.

it wasn't until around the time the embark bug was "fixed" (because we know it wasn't fixed) that you could just spam get on/off your horse if you had 100+ms to the server and karma home with enemies in local anyway.