Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Time to support one PVP server

On 3/30/2018 at 4:29 PM, platinumteef said:

[16:27:05] 116 other players are online. You are on Chaos (545 totally in Wurm).

What's 116 prem players worth?  I don't think it's much more than $25k/year.  At that level I'm not sure either Chaos nor Epic has much call for exclusive rights to Dev resources.  Rather than down-sizing the game, I think Devs need to find a way to expand the player base.

For example, if Epic skills were split from Freedom again, Epic skill gains were fixed, and then all new prem players were immediately elevated to a basic level of pvp abilities (70 fs, 21 bc, etc.), it would be a very different experience than Chaos/Freedom.  Let new Players right into the fight without the long grind, while the curve will avoid them over-shooting at the top-end.  That might create a separate revenue stream, and is more likely to attract net-new players who prefer a faster pace than on Chaos/Freedom.  I'm stealing someone else's idea here (I'm sorry I don't recall who) but I think it's an interesting thought.

• Like 2

Well, reading the epic skirmishes at this point is just beyond sad. The only team that was willing to try help JKH get action left because basically: Boring.

1 server, 1 focus. Keeping epic up at this point in the state it is, for me, is just cruel lol.

Reffer to Frankthetanks idea for a true unique pvp server. By stripping away features instead of keeping them. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

Can we stop implying that epic is dead, it's beyond annoying, enjoy ur chaos server and stfu about epic

I logged in last week on affliction and noticed more people in my alliance tab then I have seen in the years before.

• Like 1

I only port over to Epic about every 2 weeks just to copy my skills over in case they change something without me knowing.

I'd skill on Epic if my skills would transfer back and forth.  But for now will skill on Freedom (xan/chaos) and come to Epic just for 5 minutes a month.

6 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

Can we stop implying that epic is dead, it's beyond annoying, enjoy ur chaos server and stfu about epic

I logged in last week on affliction and noticed more people in my alliance tab then I have seen in the years before.

Don't even lie, can you get off implying epic is alive when numbers CLEARLY show otherwise. 

I won't stfu about epic, it's my cluster, I want it fixed and brought back to life, seems like only 1 of us wants to see it remain dead, hint: it isn't me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mclavin said:

... it's my cluster, I want it fixed and brought back to life, seems like only 1 of us wants to see it remain dead, hint: it isn't me.

I wish I could believe you. :(

I wouldn't mind Chaos if it wasn't for the fact that it's connected to Freedom.

17 hours ago, Mclavin said:

Don't even lie, can you get off implying epic is alive when numbers CLEARLY show otherwise. 

I won't stfu about epic, it's my cluster, I want it fixed and brought back to life, seems like only 1 of us wants to see it remain dead, hint: it isn't me.

Haha calling me a liar 

U really have no clue man