Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Time to support one PVP server

16 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

Take a step back because you're taking this too personal. 

Ok, taking a step back.

Epic is dead. your words about "oh 34 of us are offline cause of timezoneblablabla" no. It's dead. you're the only kingdom who cares. 

That's actually my point. I don't think JK is alone. First of all there is at least one active group on Elevation and another JK group on Serenity. We work together however we also are playing for very different objectives/plans.

I honestly believe that both BL and MR still have active members. Even Roman players have turned up in JK and are playing actively. Not many, however some.

Chaos is going to be the home of pvp and devs will have to support that or let them bleed out like epic. 

Not our decision to make. Maybe CC wants that, maybe they don't.

If the devs want to come forward and claim they are going to focus both and support both, great for both of us.

Agreed

Currently there is No support for either server. The players just left Epic, we have over 100 in our Kingdom alone. Understand we have many who let prem dropped and quit wurm until real support is shown towards pvp.

Agreed. The real issue here is lack of communication from the people who can quickly set expectations etc. You are no more my enemy then I am yours McLaven.

I think the strategy being used is called Divide and Conquer. The focus needs to be on those who can give the answers rather then needlessly attacking each other.

You're grinding yourself up on a dead server, even if you get 2k players next year, you're heading towards the same road we all did, a dead server you're stuck on wishing you had spent the extra time grinding on freedom.
I don't feel glad knowing this. Making it x5 or x10 won't change the fact it all leads to you being Limited to your selection if it goes bad and thats why chaos is the safer choice.

I'm not even speaking for Panda/WU/VD/LOA/EBO/AO who all have active members and could probably post sizeable counts themselves, ACTIVE.

Honestly, without a strong, decisive and effective pivot, far beyond what you are proposing, Wurm PVP and likely WURM in general are likely to keep going into further decline. So far I have seen nothing to make me think that a corner has been turned despite all the good cosmetic stuff that has been added lately.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nappy said:

I honestly believe that MR still have active members

maybe you missed this.  it's not assumption its actual fact from actual knowledge

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

maybe you missed this.  it's not assumption its actual fact from actual knowledge

I can readily and easily accept this statement as fact. You play in MR, I don't.

I also haven't seen MR at HOTA in a long time. I did hear that a bunch of MR did a rift the other day however in your recent post you also commented that these were just temporary players visiting the cluster to do the rift, not full time players as you defined them in your post.

1 minute ago, Nappy said:

I also haven't seen MR at HOTA in a long time. I did hear that a bunch of MR did a rift the other day however in your recent post you also commented that these were just temporary players visiting the cluster to do the rift, not full time players as you defined them in your post.

Probably because 90% of the active MR converted BL or Rome or went back to mrh, which left mre with enough to fill a rowboat of people that lost faith in epic

You might want to actually fact check what you hear, it's nearly 2 months since MR did any rifts and this information is easily available. (it was also only closed because me/sme got real bored and wanted to try to get recipes).  who knows what else has been used in arguments that were assumptions or false

5 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

Probably because 90% of the active MR converted BL or Rome or went back to mrh, which left mre with enough to fill a rowboat of people that lost faith in epic

You might want to actually fact check what you hear, it's nearly 2 months since MR did any rifts and this information is easily available. (it was also only closed because me/sme got real bored and wanted to try to get recipes).  who knows what else has been used in arguments that were assumptions or false

Fair enough and something I usually do. In this case only 1 source, I usually look for at least two before considering it fact.

i know of atleast 20 BL guys that care about epic, yeah we may not play on Elevation, yeah the population might not be high but most of them aren't able to sit infront of their screens 24/7 playing wurm, I love how the current population is being bought up at the most dead time of the day on epic, No need to abandon epic and leave us all in the dirt just cause we don't like freedom?

• Like 1

you need to open your eyes and see you've already been abandoned.

Edited by Mclavin

so.. why not just move the home servers to freedom, west of chaos. I quite like the MR home server, nice and comfy.

I got two questions.

I stayed on the Epic after skill transfers, developing my character here. Put a lot of time in building deed and skills I need for few particular things.

Let's say Epic gonna be closed. What gonna happen with my skills?

Those will be converted from the present moment or copied and converted from the time just after the transfers, so all my work goes for nothing?

Gonna be rewarded for staying loyal to serwer I choosed at the beginning, that was promised to be developed or gonna be punished for that?

And yes, I stayed here couse I'am attached to those lands and like living here.

Invested a lot of time and tremendous amounts of materials into deed, in latest few months asked few times if devs gonna continue to develop Epic or not, couse it would be a shame to put effort if it's gonna be destroyed anyway. Got no answer. Still do not know if I should continue my work or not?

Also interesting how all want to close Epic, take all the best mechanics from it and put them on "true" pvp server - Chaos, wich have access to permamently safe freedom isles.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

you need to open your eyes and see you've already been abandoned.

So then why are you complaining about the devs "focusing on 2 servers" if we "have already been abandoned" ?

24 minutes ago, RipPeralT said:

So then why are you complaining about the devs "focusing on 2 servers" if we "have already been abandoned" ?

future proofing

These forums are starting to feel like kindergarden who gets to play with what toy and argue about that, but i guess forum pvp is the thing in this game.

I really get it that people dont want to get rid of the all the work they have done in past years ingame or the game mode itself that epic provides or the fact that now they have a whole server/servers to play around themselfs,

but seriously.. this game needs to downsize in servers and maps a bit to get the last remaining maniacs who play the game, together. Not split them in 10 different servers managed by handfull of people.

Change needs to happen and fast, thats for sure. If it is full epic/chaos wipe or merge in either direction or partly, but something has to happen.

Devs aint marketing this game at all nor have the ability to provide good customer service nor getting more staff to focus on the game so best choice would be downsizing untill we actually start getting more people and not losing. More focus on remaining servers. Best thing would be to get solution to satisfy MOST of people. Althought in every solution someone will lose something.

Epic players like the fact that they cant hide on a different server to keep their goods safe and chaos people have got used to it. So either way we do, some portion of people might end up quitting pvp.

Even tho i play on chaos and i dont really like to play in epic, but i could come around for having epic as the only pvp map if elevation gets reset to more like chaos map and chaos map gets deleted, but for now as most of pvp population is on chaos it needs the attention over epic. 

+1 for one pvp map only, get people closer together even tho people hate each other. :)

Sadly, everytime talks start about epic, things get heated and constructive talk turns to accusing other team. 

I am pretty sure devs are ignoring us merely for the reason that they have been listening to the same crap over the years more than enough. Still, they need to be more transparent about whats gonna happen so people know if they wanna stick around.

Edited by Themystrix

I don't think the cost of servers is even a issue so i cannot for the life of me see any reason of shutting them down. I almost even hesitate to say this i think there should even be a PVE side to epic also. More servers with more options gives more people with different playstyles choices.  Hell maybe even a tiny server that players all have the same items/skills spawned on them that don't drop or take damage and have arena like combat for some fast pvp action. More choices is better. Now the one thing I don't want to see is anymore skill transfers like Epic. You pick your server and stick with it or have same skill gains as freedom. This whole thread is pretty much "Chaos -Daddy loves me more, Epic-No Daddy loves me more!!"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Evilvision said:

I don't think the cost of servers is even a issue so i cannot for the life of me see any reason of shutting them down. I almost even hesitate to say this i think there should even be a PVE side to epic also. More servers with more options gives more people with different playstyles choices.  Hell maybe even a tiny server that players all have the same items/skills spawned on them that don't drop or take damage and have arena like combat for some fast pvp action. More choices is better. Now the one thing I don't want to see is anymore skill transfers like Epic. You pick your server and stick with it or have same skill gains as freedom. This whole thread is pretty much "Chaos -Daddy loves me more, Epic-No Daddy loves me more!!"

The problem comes in when this game is Advertised as an MMO,

People to go to select a server, spend a bunch of time getting established, and this is a big deal as a new player, only to find out the entire cluster you selected has 10 people on it and you pretty much have to restart from scratch to have a decent chance of playing with someone in an "MMO". Odds are, you are going to quit, most new players do already, and we barely get any on a monthly basis anyway.

• Like 1

I don't quite see the logic of @Retrograde not addressing the fact that part of the community is kicking another part of the community to the curb and generally alienating them.

Perhaps he would have pointed out that it's already been made clear that no server will be shut down so long as a single player is still on it.

I know that because these "ban the epic!" threads come up all the time and, every time, @Retrogradesteps in to say "nothing is getting shut down... everybody chill out."  Paraphrasing but that's the gist.

Oh, wait, maybe that's why he hasn't said anything.  Why would he need to address this every single time someone thinks it's a bright idea?  It's not.  The devs have already said so, many times.  Think of something else to do.

Now if we really want to talk numbers and follow @Mclavin's suggestion to its logical conclusion, it would go something like this:

Sure, there are currently more ppl on Chaos than Epic.  Let's shut down Epic and dedicate a dev or two to Chaos.

But wait!  There are currently more ppl in WU than on Chaos.  Let's shut down Chaos and dedicate a dev or two to WU.

But wait!  There are currently more PvE players in both WO AND WU than there are PvP players!

OMG.  Let's shut down PvP. :blink:

That there, folks, would be unacceptable and dumb.  Let's not get the ball rolling in that direction to begin with... but speaking of WU... How's about that upgrade, eh?

• Like 1

ITT Nappy pretends epic is not dead when everyone can see how dead epic is

41 minutes ago, Olloch said:

ITT Nappy pretends epic is not dead when everyone can see how dead epic is

Your definition of "dead" is not mine, and you don't get to set -my- definition of "dead". That's bullying.

54 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

I don't quite see the logic of @Retrograde not addressing the fact that part of the community is kicking another part of the community to the curb and generally alienating them.

Perhaps he would have pointed out that it's already been made clear that no server will be shut down so long as a single player is still on it.

I know that because these "ban the epic!" threads come up all the time and, every time, @Retrogradesteps in to say "nothing is getting shut down... everybody chill out."  Paraphrasing but that's the gist.

Oh, wait, maybe that's why he hasn't said anything.  Why would he need to address this every single time someone thinks it's a bright idea?  It's not.  The devs have already said so, many times.  Think of something else to do.

Now if we really want to talk numbers and follow @Mclavin's suggestion to its logical conclusion, it would go something like this:

Sure, there are currently more ppl on Chaos than Epic.  Let's shut down Epic and dedicate a dev or two to Chaos.

But wait!  There are currently more ppl in WU than on Chaos.  Let's shut down Chaos and dedicate a dev or two to WU.

But wait!  There are currently more PvE players in both WO AND WU than there are PvP players!

OMG.  Let's shut down PvP. :blink:

That there, folks, would be unacceptable and dumb.  Let's not get the ball rolling in that direction to begin with... but speaking of WU... How's about that upgrade, eh?

Actaully many believe epic needs a full cluster reset but i don't think devs are willing. The conclusion of my argument is: Don't make epic specific updates believing we're all gonna go pvp on epic.
Chaos has now been the server with the most population consistently for about over a year. I doubt they were even focusing on 2 pvp clusters, they had a small focus for epic then it was 4 months of silence.
So every group but JK pretty much up and left Epic, MR, BL and Rome and put themselves on chaos. 
If you think it still makes sense to make epic specific updates/pvp changes then idk what to say. 
The content is going in the wrong place, you guys are becoming a meme if you think >20 people should get focused rather than 100+ and more are joining.

Your point is also invalid, freedom already takes full dev attention and isn't a pvp cluster. If Xanadu was getting more attention than Deliverance, even tho they're both PVE, what would the argument here be? WU doesn't take much dev attention and players op to go there cause no prem/issues they hate in WO are generally fixed in 3 minutes on WU. Custom packs etc. 

Thats what's going on in the pvp community, one server is getting specific updates and the other isn't. Although that focus was already dropped the devs need to start focusing again whilst population has opt'd to go to the better server devs should just stop with the epic revive crap and allow players to revive the server they've chosen. Whilst population is steadily going up and the map becoming more active with players Investing money into new deeds/premium they should support this. 

Or you know, listen to the >20 people on Epic who joined/rejoined once the skill system/transfers came out and didn't sit there like the 100's of us waiting for updates since the reset of ele2????????????????????????

2 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Your definition of "dead" is not mine, and you don't get to set -my- definition of "dead". That's bullying.

on the flip side nobody cares about your definition because we played when epic wasn't dead so we know that 20 players isn't anything more than a sermon.

On 3/26/2018 at 8:10 PM, SmeJack said:

I don't think his point is that listening to the tiny amount of people saying its fine is hurting the game, that would be the reality and not his stance

The point is that a vocal minority of hardcore Epic PVPers ran off the rest of the population, one way or another, so that the vocal minority became the majority, and that's the process still being attempted in this thread by Mclavin and others.

On 3/27/2018 at 7:46 AM, Mclavin said:

on the flip side nobody cares about your definition because we played when epic wasn't dead so we know that 20 players isn't anything more than a sermon.

I don't care that you don't care about my definition. What matters to me is that it's obvious to the devs that you don't speak for everyone on Epic. :)

13 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

The point is that a vocal minority of hardcore Epic PVPers ran off the rest of the population, one way or another, so that the vocal minority became the majority, and that's the process still being attempted in this thread by Mclavin and others.

Total: 17 Ele: 8 MRh: 1 JKh: 5 BLh: 3

It's funny how apparently we're the minority yet your server went from 70+ population down to >20 

Why don't you go make the Save epic thread and get your majority to speak up? 

abce9037574e843a1bd798743d9a950f.png
https://gyazo.com/abce9037574e843a1bd798743d9a950f

And you dont't speak for anybody fullstop. Epic is dead, devs don't need to be told that. They need to be told that players are putting their eggs into chaos tho, so if they wanna see a combined 200+ premmed accounts leave Chaos and the game aswell then keep doing what they're doing and let more people leave.

Also I don't speak for epic, PEOPLE ARE COMMENTING THEMSELVES. yet you call them the minority, YET ALL I SEE IS YOU AND NAPPY ARGUING HERE lol. So who's speaking for who?????

You're actually just spamming my thread at this point with the same nonsense over and over. 

I don't care for your little epic leech for hota, go make another thread. I don't care that you think chaos is too much hard work, go make another thread.
People want devs attention on Chaos and currently they are geared towards making only Epic specific updates. you claim you didn't even want that, yet you obviously fail to see Epic specific updates?

honestly i can't even respect a guys logic if you think they should dedicate themselves to epic currently over the 100's of accounts on chaos. Lol

Edited by Mclavin

Just now, Mclavin said:

Total: 17 Ele: 8 MRh: 1 JKh: 5 BLh: 3

It's funny how apparently we're the minority yet your server went from 70+ population down to >20 

Why don't you go make the Save epic thread and get your majority to speak up? 

Wh

I'm speaking of the course of Epic history: you were the minority in the glory days when Serenity alone would have 100+ online.

i was on epic. Who's "you were" wtf you on about. Get off the thread until you make sense and stop spamming.

BACK THE THE ORIGINAL POINT PLX

Edited by Mclavin

I believe, even that there is STILL a playerbase on epic, the devs should focus on freedom (chaos) as, it will allow better content for a quite larger player group. And let's faced it if Chaos was in better condition we could maybe get a few hermits off of xan. And to go to fight, only making the market for combat supplies *cough cough* plate *cough cough* better for those of us that would like to stay and be merchants.

• Like 1

btw if devs made transfers both ways, i could have grinded on epic and still enjoy freedom without it going to waste. We wouldn't be in this thread. 

• Like 1