Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Time to support one PVP server

3 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

I won't give the name of my Kingdoms active players on chaos, thats just a list waiting to be located, you see Chaos is active so we have that threat.

But heres the premium currently in TC. mmhmmm

d8c045809aa36d5a82017fee5aad4efb.png
https://gyazo.com/d8c045809aa36d5a82017fee5aad4efb

Wow. So what we used to call a village is now called a kingdom.

The real question here is how do we turn the game around so that once again your 69 is a village rather then a kingdom. (Our 2 month old primary deed on Elevation has 50% of the number shown there so not really that impressive is it)?

Just now, Mclavin said:

Right so you expect them to support Epic but we can't get that same support focused towards Chaos? THE SERVER WITH THE POPULATION Hello? Why are you even replying at this point. You are asking for 1 sided updates my friend and I'm selfish?

:D

Who said anything about them -not- supporting Chaos? I expect them to support Epic, Chaos, and Freedom, again, based on their own behaviour and communications. Why are you questioning that? Where did this zero-sum game come from?

2 minutes ago, Prophetears said:

Epic isn't coming back, regardless of it receiving developer support or not, especially developer support at wurms rate. (6mo between any communication about pvp updates.)

Now we get to see if you're a prophet, or not. :)

so my village still has more than yours?

The thing is after your "village" you don't have anymore. After my "village" there are 6 other groups with simular numbers, we also pull from a population thanks to Freedom, a lot of people avoid epic cause nothing can be carried back, this was the number 1 killer.

You're asking about turning the game around, the game or epic? Epic can't be saved, the game can.

Edited by Mclavin

I love how you call for the end of epic after pushing for so long for skill transfers, now that you have that there is no longer a reason to have the epic servers, well played.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

who's asking for the continuation of epic specific updates? You. By saying devs shouldn't focus on Chaos with their new updates. Nobody said keep them off Epic, they can bleed to epic.

Their current plan is to make epic updates epic only. Thats 1 server being worked on, nappy doesn't want that. -1

You better sit down before you read the next line.

I have no interest in them limiting the PVP changes to only Epic. I am quite happy with the thought of Chaos people also enjoying the updated PVP code if that works for the group playing there. 

I don't think I have ever, ever even suggested that it's one cluster against the other. I believe I have always advocated giving people a variety of game experiences in the hope that there is a better chance of people finding an experience they like and sticking with that rather then leaving the game.

So by all means share the PVP updates with every possible PVP environment in the game, Epic/Chaos/Challenge/New cluster/WU etc, cast the net wide and start capturing new players so the game can grow.

You see I don't want to be forced to have to play the game in a way that I hate. I also don't want you to be forced to play the game in a way you no longer want if it's possible for us both to have what we both want. For the record I think it's both possible to have two different playing experiences in Wurm and I think it's essential if Wurm is going to continue much past another year or two in the PVP realm.

28 minutes ago, Nappy said:

There are still people in MR

As far as I'm aware, there are 0 active MR on elevation.  We have recently disbanded one of our three deeds and over time will likely end up dropping that to just one.  If nothing changes long term, I doubt we will continue to keep CG going as there is no point.

As far as I'm aware, there are 2 active MR on desertion.

When I say active, I mean people that predominantly play epic over freedom.  Using a portal to do missions or kill uniques or maintain deeds do not quite qualify as being active on the cluster.

MR as a kingdom on epic mostly play on either freedom or chaos now but keep our deeds on epic but most are past the point where they wonder if they should keep them anymore.

This of course does not speak for any random new players that have popped up that would not be visible in our alliances

I think when we have to say "look! we have.... we have at least maybe 20 players in our kingdom!"  that maybe we should take a step back and wonder why we are praising this as a good thing.  20 players in an entire kingdom is never a bright future.  20 players that are online in the kingdom at the same time, that would be bright as it probably means there are 100+ active in that kingdom.  This is not pro or anti anything, it is just simple fact that it is not good.

I don't know what is the right answer.  Fix epic, reset elevations map, shrink the map, leave it as is and change mechanics, all of the above, none of the above, but epic right now is not thriving nor is it fun for the former 90% of epic which is why that 90% is former.  If those 90% still played I doubt that JK would be contesting hota or capping towers and dropping deeds but that would probably be called "bullying" despite being a pvp server/topic.  One thing for certain, no matter what happens with epic I think it is a bad idea to not provide pvp balances to chaos and just isolate them to epic as they are now. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

I love how you call for the end of epic after pushing for so long for skill transfers, now that you have that there is no longer a reason to have the epic servers, well played.

thanks

But nobody asked for this half arsed system actually, if you could skill on any cluster epic/freedom and get it converted up/down as you crossed, then epic would probably be on the rebound.
In fact if you do more of your Great fact checking you'd see in many threads we were asking for that After they implemented the update because of the ghost towns their twist of implementation had. 

We've been told "It is not possible" so Epic will remain ghost towns thus why would we pay for that?

In fact, with another great fact check you'll see we were waiting since November for the update on the skill system/transfers/epic being a ghost town and continued to pay up until March 25th for our deeds on Epic.

The call for the end of epic wasn't a call made by us, I think the devs made the call by showing no support for 4 months.

But hey thats just what fact checking pulls, im sure you did that before commenting

Edited by Mclavin

I'd rather see Dev time and effort go into Epic and move Chaos to Epic or close Chaos.  Only reason is because if the Dev's do put attention into PvP they have more access and ability to change things on Epic while having to be very picky if changing things for Freedom.

Having new people (that do trickle in very slowly) being able to skill up fast is nice and getting deed built faster than Chaos while making bunch of replacement gear faster is nice.

I feel what you saying about closing Epic, but don't see real PvP changes being able to happen on Chaos/Freedom.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

so my village still has more than yours?

The thing is after your "village" you don't have anymore. After my "village" there are 6 other groups with simular numbers, we also pull from a population thanks to Freedom, a lot of people avoid epic cause nothing can be carried back, this was the number 1 killer.

You're asking about turning the game around, the game or epic? Epic can't be saved, the game can.

It's a shame that you spout nonsense rather then doing a bit of fact finding before you speak.

JK has three main deeds on Elevation that I am currently aware of. Main deeds mean places that are actually considered home for players. I think there might be another one as well however I haven't tracked it down yet. On Serenity there are at least three more "home" deeds that are actively played. I am not counting the small land holding war deeds.

While you might be officially leaving the Epic cluster now, in reality you left months ago and other then the much touted short play visits to do big fights with BL you haven't really been part of Epic since you were able to escape to freedom back in November. You haven't spent the time with the skill grind, the valrei changes or many of the other things that have changed the game over here and made it more enjoyable for many.

Your comments on JK, JK's active population, the information on our deeds etc highlight just how out of touch you are. This is why so many are objecting to you trying to speak on behalf of either JK or indeed the Epic cluster. You abdicated that ability, if you ever had it, when you stopped being part of the reality of Epic. 

Many of the BL players on the other hand stuck with Epic, played day to day and participated in many, many hours of PVP that allowed a new kingdom, JK, to grow and learn. These people have spent the time to earn the respect to have their opinions carefully listened to. When they speak both of my ears open to carefully consider what they have to say. Rome popped our deed alarms 4 times and then vanished. BL they popped the alarms and enjoyed 17 hours of PVP in one week alone.

So again, go continue playing on Chaos and have fun with our blessing. At the same time leave us to enjoy what we are enjoying. We aren't advocating for your destruction, stop advocating for ours.

you don't have 35 players in your kingdom nappy, please stop posting about nonsense. 

ce3fb0d38e6fc229d1c87316fa8aedc3.png
https://gyazo.com/ce3fb0d38e6fc229d1c87316fa8aedc3

Also we built up more deeds during november - Febuary than you did. We also did more missions and we also did more skill feedback. 
guess what, it's the same conclusion as everybody elses. It all sucks.

We stopped playing when we noticed it was 4 months without an update and Bl/Rome were forced to deed within 1 local of each other cause the rest of the server was dead.

It's a shame that you spout nonsense rather then doing a bit of fact finding before you speak.

JK has three main deeds on Elevation that I am currently aware of. Main deeds mean places that are actually considered home for players. I think there might be another one as well however I haven't tracked it down yet. On Serenity there are at least three more "home" deeds that are actively played. I am not counting the small land holding war deeds.

The real question here is how do we turn the game around so that once again your 69 is a village rather then a kingdom. (Our 2 month old primary deed on Elevation has 50% of the number shown there so not really that impressive is it)?

You really tried to talk about nonsense, you just reffered to my kingdom as a village got mad when I reffered to your village as Kingdom. Again, there is Nobody else but JK - That isn't commenting on JK's deed amount or players, that's literally saying you got zero competition. Show me the death tabs.

Edited by Mclavin

38 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

But... that's his point.

I don't think his point is that listening to the tiny amount of people saying its fine is hurting the game, that would be the reality and not his stance

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Now we get to see if you're a prophet, or not. :)

Damn, finally a refreshing breath of humor in this thread.

17 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Our PMK on Chaos alone has more active players than Epic has on all servers combined.

That should tell you something.

1 minute ago, Mclavin said:

you don't have 35 players in your kingdom nappy, please stop posting about nonsense. 

ce3fb0d38e6fc229d1c87316fa8aedc3.png
https://gyazo.com/ce3fb0d38e6fc229d1c87316fa8aedc3

That's the cool thing, We have more then that.

However I understand now where you are going wrong.

You somehow have the mistaken belief that everyone has to be logged in at the same time. Apparently you never heard of this thing called time zones where some people are sleeping while others are awake. In JK we have people in the Far East, Europe and North America in our kingdom. I imagine that this isn't terribly unique however what it means is the metric you are using is point-in-time when in reality the metric you need to use is number of active premiums in a kingdom. Well we have much more then 35 and it's something that CC can absolutely verify anytime they want.

We also have players who play less often, take breaks for short periods etc. BL can certainly confirm that usually when they visited our main deed on Elevation we often had many more players mobilized within just a few minutes.

You on the other hand are playing "spin the numbers". For what it's worth "The truth will set you free". Start speaking facts and perhaps you will find that those you feel are against you are actually in many ways actively supporting the very same things you are hoping for.

The fight isn't against each other, it's really about our concerns about the state of PVP and what CC is going to do to lead us to a better future. To me that's the real fight.

8 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Our PMK on Chaos alone has more active players than Epic has on all servers combined.

it won't, because the people that you're talking to refuse to see beyond 10 feet in front of them

wait sorry, I forgot to apologize for my cyber bullying on this one

Edited by platinumteef

tfw 1 person online on the main pvp server of elevation = a time zone problem

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

It should. It tells me to substantiate your facts.

Please list the name of every active player on all Epic clusters and then do the same for your PMK.

You likely can't do it, CC can.

1 minute ago, Nappy said:

It should. It tells me to substantiate your facts.

Please list the name of every active player on all Epic clusters and then do the same for your PMK.

You likely can't do it, CC can.

updated my reply since you decided to claim I was speaking nonsense after your Kingdom = Village talk. 

037282fe663c16223505aa1907d95aa1.png
https://gyazo.com/037282fe663c16223505aa1907d95aa1

Edited by Mclavin

Just now, platinumteef said:

it won't, because the people that you're talking to refuse to see beyond 10 feet in front of them

Seriously Mondain?

When is it wrong for a group of people who are enjoying a PVP cluster to want to continue to enjoy that cluster?

Do you think that anyone in Epic JK truly wants Chaos to go away or is actively advocating for it's removal?

Now look at it the other way, isn't it possible to see that some Chaos people are actively advocating for removal of a place that other people are enjoying?

So if you want to leave the cluster in protest fine. With time hopefully you will return and if you do we will do everything possible to help you settle before re-engaging.

In the meantime to call us wrong to want to continue enjoying ourselves neglects to consider that when people join Wurm initially they don't do it to make sure someone else is having fun. They initially join because they themselves are having fun.

While difficult for some to believe, we are having fun over here and we expect to continue having fun.

4 minutes ago, Nappy said:

Seriously Mondain?

When is it wrong for a group of people who are enjoying a PVP cluster to want to continue to enjoy that cluster?

Do you think that anyone in Epic JK truly wants Chaos to go away or is actively advocating for it's removal?

Now look at it the other way, isn't it possible to see that some Chaos people are actively advocating for removal of a place that other people are enjoying?

So if you want to leave the cluster in protest fine. With time hopefully you will return and if you do we will do everything possible to help you settle before re-engaging.

In the meantime to call us wrong to want to continue enjoying ourselves neglects to consider that when people join Wurm initially they don't do it to make sure someone else is having fun. They initially join because they themselves are having fun.

While difficult for some to believe, we are having fun over here and we expect to continue having fun.

I dont care which way we go, I dont care if Chaos gets merged into epic. But what I wont do is -1 a good movement in the game purely out of selfishness because I'm having fun.

I voted for a merge 3 years ago, because it was a good idea. I voted for it a year after that, and I will continue to do so, because its the right thing to do. Your group is -1'ing the entire idea of a merged pvp community and coming up with bat ###### accusations of cyber bullying and stuff lol

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Xallo said:

Scrap Epic, scrap Player Gods (potentially), and introduce Epic's armour mechanics onto Chaos.

I'd even say a potential map reset for Chaos, but only if we can vote on which map out of a selection of 5 to play on. :D

seriously just make them "cosmetic" that have the same spell list as their parent god on pvp servers

not that anything will happen until half of the population has quite, cause thats a running theme 

Edited by WhyThatPost

Take a step back because you're taking this too personal. 

Epic is dead. your words about "oh 34 of us are offline cause of timezoneblablabla" no. It's dead. you're the only kingdom who cares. 
Chaos is going to be the home of pvp and devs will have to support that or let them bleed out like epic. 
This thread is highlighting that. If the devs want to come forward and claim they are going to focus both and support both, great for both of us.
Currently there is No support for either server. The players just left Epic, we have over 100 in our Kingdom alone. Understand we have many who let prem dropped and quit wurm until real support is shown towards pvp.
0ebecd7b08688dd80bcce3a791ecec9c.png
https://gyazo.com/0ebecd7b08688dd80bcce3a791ecec9c
(ofc there are inactive accounts/alts) but TC discord active right now is over 60, ready to log in if needed. The rest are asleep. We remove inactive players the discord count 0a760bd8c4d9578ec78515fe3f1224d1.png
https://gyazo.com/0a760bd8c4d9578ec78515fe3f1224d1
If devs continue to pretend they're updating epic/can recover epic then the game is just gonna be doomed. 
Chaos requires no map reset for it to be fun, it requires the population. If devs start to shift focus from Dead epic to Active chaos, then that will grow.

Meanwhile honestly they should take Epic down and relaunch it in the future. But now with the population the game has there has to be one server. I don't speak for players, disbands do. Players didn't go chaos cause I said it was better,

players went chaos because it's the only viable option and with the way skill works epic just is not worth the time. 

You're grinding yourself up on a dead server, even if you get 2k players next year, you're heading towards the same road we all did, a dead server you're stuck on wishing you had spent the extra time grinding on freedom.
I don't feel glad knowing this. Making it x5 or x10 won't change the fact it all leads to you being Limited to your selection if it goes bad and thats why chaos is the safer choice.

I'm not even speaking for Panda/WU/VD/LOA/EBO/AO who all have active members and could probably post sizeable counts themselves, ACTIVE.

So again, if you consider my kingdom a village [????] then my single village is more populated than your kingdom. (got told i was speaking nonsense for that)

Oh and are deeds arent costing us a penny. Just a highlight of chaos.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

I dont care which way we go, I dont care if Chaos gets merged into epic. But what I wont do is -1 a good movement in the game purely out of selfishness because I'm having fun.

I voted for a merge 3 years ago, because it was a good idea. I voted for it a year after that, and I will continue to do so, because its the right thing to do. Your group is -1'ing the entire idea of a merged pvp community and coming up with bat ###### accusations of cyber bullying and stuff lol

There is common ground here if we are willing to realize that in some things there are agreements and in others there aren't.

I don't want to go back to a freedom grind because that doesn't work for me personally. I don't have the time or inclination to sit there for twice or more the time to achieve the same things I am already achieving on Epic. For me -1 represents the fact that it's beyond my own personal line of what kind of time commitment I am willing to make to stay playing Wurm. So it's correct of me to express a -1 because if the suggestion goes in like that then I leave Wurm. Bad for me as a wurm player and some might say bad for Wurm too (some might not - grin)

On the other hand I personally am quite willing to see the elevation map get wiped and have to start building another new deed or more likely series of deeds.

The group isn't a group when it comes to this topic. Everyone is speaking freely with their own voices. There is no kingdom plan to say certain things or to act a certain way.

Remember what's right for you might not be what's right for others. That's why you are seeing the spirited response here. Some people like many things about Epic while still disliking some things about Epic (like the Elevation map is commonly mentioned). Others have no interest in Chaos for a large variety of reasons including the much slower grind.

We're seeing a spirited response from 5 people on the forums with words.

You just saw 2 kingdoms who held Epics population walk away. Whats more spirited response