Sign in to follow this  
Mclavin

Time to support one PVP server

Instead of splitting dev time between Epic/Chaos and putting in updates where nobody is currently playing. Shift attention over to Chaos.

Nobody wants to play that lame map on ele now, the only group [JK] on Elevation is looking to farm hota. There will be no serious conquest or pvp over on epic. A lot of players have jumped ship and are now gearing their efforts towards chaos, the server which is considered the option with the more life time attached to it. But I think now is the most vital time for devs to support because the people who moved from Epic to Chaos by Disbanding their kingdoms/deeds on epic will not hesitate to do the same for chaos and just leave the game. They're putting their eggs into this basket, don't let them break.

this is march alone: The new settlements

c3fffa77fa4bf21a790ba96a7a626332.png

The Kingdom of Rome will soon be disbanded from Epic. 

I think another thread is needed to highlight what changes can be done for Chaos, if you should seperate from freedom and whatever else comes with that.
I'd personally like to see the whole mission system come over to chaos. 

But yes, just wanted to highlight where the pvp population will be at waiting before you focus on the cluster with 6 players.

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 16

-1 support for the correct server or -1 cause you like playing a dead 1?

• Like 3

+1 to concentrating the limited Dev time on one pvp server rather than the 5 there are currently (thats if you count home servers as more than freedom) 

• Like 1

+1 Putting more hours of work and dollars into the development of Epic has proven to be not only pointless, but detrimental to the development of the game. Do what WORKS , Chaos works. There's 70 people online on weekends. Keep that up, give them a reason to keep being there. 

• Like 9

+1 to 1 pvp server...but...

Not much use breaking it from freedom, but a much needed balance on sorcery, meditation, armor, weapons, ...all the other meta stuff like full rare+ horse gear and boats more or less being a requirement to compete against it is enough imo. Maybe a look at some of the other strange CR effecting spells/items like being drunk. A well rounded plan should trump a few thousand euros assuming both teams are strong.

• Like 5

+1 

I think it's time to face the facts developers, epic isn't going to recover at this point.

• Like 2

I want to see 1-2 staff members dedicated to PVP to apply fixes/updates faster and to track feedback and implement as needed. basically the same respect and dedication given to other means.

I'd like to see Locate soul distance reduced to like that on Epic and Local range from inside a cave reduced like epic. 

The mission system is cool for pvp and should come to Chaos. 

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 2

Just now, Mclavin said:

I'd like to see Locate soul distance reduced to like that on Epic and Local range from inside a cave reduced like epic

Going out without being located from 2000 tiles away would be nice. Why is this not a thing?

Why is chain armour not a thing like on Epic? It's absolutely useless on freedom servers...

• Like 1

This should be a thing. Players have voted with their feet and gone to the Freedom cluster in droves. Abandon Epic, or bring the home servers to Chaos in the same way they are on Epic. Migrate the Valrei and Reputation systems. Eliminate the need to travel by linking the Epic portals to Chaos. Get rid of the failure that the Epic system represents.

Stop dividing your player base. Its killing your game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Stop dividing your player base. Its killing your game.

Listening to a small group of vocal players is killing your game....

• Like 1

I disagree about bringing home servers to Chaos, its enough we can sail to freedom, dont need more servers over here.

• Like 1

Consolidating the PVP community into Chaos makes the most sense at this point given the state of Epic. This is the best shot of giving PVP developer focus.

Just now, Roccandil said:

lol small - your group on epic is the small vocal player(s) - we consist of most of the players who have supported this game from the get go.

+1 I'm not for the Epic system in general, (Missions etc) But yeah, bring focus on Chaos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Should we listen to the 3 guys split into 4 kingdoms on Elevation or the 70 guys on Chaos? 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

Should we listen to the 3 guys split into 4 kingdoms on Elevation or the 70 guys on Chaos? 

That math lol but totally accurate ;p

+1 consolidate the playerbase, give us the valrei mission board on whichever server stays and either disconnect chaos from freedom or make armors function differently on Chaos than Freedom (move the armor changes from Epic to Chaos, along with the rest of the new pvp changes imo)

• Like 1

I am not answering this from the perspective of someone still playing on Epic nor am I answering this from a kingdom specific mindset.

I think the proposed solution is too short sighted and unfortunately even limiting the suggestion to limit to PVP only is also too short sighted.

There are a number of factors which I believe have led to the consistent decline in both PVP and PVE in Wurm.

1) Aging demographic of the players. As players advance from their younger (possibly teenager years) their responsibilities increase (jobs, families, spouses etc) and their free time decreases

2) The Freedom grind is a killer, it sucks away valuable play time. While it might have been reasonable to dedicate consecutive 8+ hour days to Wurm as the people's free time reduces so too does their ability to play the game

3) Poorly designed maps that reduce PVP rather then lead to greater encouragement of PVP. The Chaos map is a better map, however even it is too big. Let's shrink it in size too, increase the fun

4) Game balancing needs to be addressed in PVP

- Ability to have one kingdom overwhelm all others (because we want to play with our friends in one group, fine, give an effective counter-balance to that so the game intensity increases with other kingdoms still able to effectively compete)

- Balance of defence versus attack - Keep making the game easier for attackers and you will continue to see defenders leave for good. They don't see the fun of building a deed for months or assuming a bunker mentality just so someone else can raid them in a few hours when they are logged out

- Balance of grind versus actual play - Give people more reasons to leave deed like a roving Supply Depot and a much more randomly occuring HOTA to name just too easy ones

- Add more things to do to get people off deed

5) Stop limiting Wurm to only one way of playing it. Why have both clusters playing the same? Instead of removing Epic, drastically change it. Break the connection with Freedom, change it to 5x (not hooked on a particular number). If you actually reduce the PVP clusters to one from two you essential lock players into only one possible playing experience and based on current numbers you need as many different experiences as possible to get people to try and eventually stay with the game.

6) Consider adding in another cluster for strict PVE only that caters to a different way of playing Wurm

Limiting choice will kill Wurm.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Yes Chaos needs to be more like Epic!

Save Epic!

Hi. I'm Jake's brain and I dissaprove this message.

1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

This isn't about you. That's the point. I'm simply here to make it obvious to the devs that you all don't speak for everyone who plays on Epic.

• Like 2