Sign in to follow this  
gabars

Wurm freight board

Your opinion  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider using it?

• I'd like to use it to get stuff delivered.
    • I'd like to deliver stuff.
    • I don't plan to, but I have nothing against it.
    • No way.
  2. 2. How would you feel about the existence of such a website?

• I'd be thrilled.
    • I wouldn't really care.
    • I hope it never sees the light of day.
  3. 3. What kind of device would you rather use to access the website?

• PC.
    • Phone / tablet.
    • I won't use it.

Hauling service is one thing, which many have tried, but it never got rolling.. even in the better days of trading.

2 hours ago, Pashka said:

A fun project to work on. I don't plan to make any money out of it whatsoever. We'll see how much it costs (hosting / SSL certificate / domain name), I might put a donation button somewhere, but you'll never have to pay a dime.

From his first post.  This makes it sound like he doesn't own the site yet but would be having to purchase it.  Now I know some folks just get a tickle and do things for fun.  But when someone is asking for information on the super highway and is having to pay for the privilege of asking for this information.  It generally isn't for tickles.  As I said.  I'm a jaded old person that is sitting and watching the fallout from facebook and all the information they are able to gather from what you like/share etc.  Just curious on the why he is doing this and what he will be getting out of it.

A domain an cost about 4.99usd a year. A ham and cheese sandwich costs more than that. Lets assume he puts in all the bells and whistles, dumps down some ssl certificates, thr whole nine yards. He can get one for about 50 bucks a year. You spend more than that on a meal with your wife

Websites are only expensive if you hire someone to make them for you. I know Gabars. He likes making websites. If you saw his Southwind Port sales website you'd understand. Some peope find it challenging. A hobbie of sorts. Maybe he is trying to trick you into providing your email address so he can send you male enhancement pills emails, but really? Too much tinfoilhattery there. I'm sure its innocent, and you are just a jaded old person. ;)

11 hours ago, Pashka said:

A fun project to work on. I don't plan to make any money out of it whatsoever. We'll see how much it costs (hosting / SSL certificate / domain name), I might put a donation button somewhere, but you'll never have to pay a dime.

From his first post.  This makes it sound like he doesn't own the site yet but would be having to purchase it.  Now I know some folks just get a tickle and do things for fun.  But when someone is asking for information on the super highway and is having to pay for the privilege of asking for this information.  It generally isn't for tickles.  As I said.  I'm a jaded old person that is sitting and watching the fallout from facebook and all the information they are able to gather from what you like/share etc.  Just curious on the why he is doing this and what he will be getting out of it.

I think you're being unnecessarily paranoid. What could I possibly do with your e-mail address? Without your name I couldn't even send a semi-convincing nigerian price e-mail (lol). I'm trying to require the least amount of info while still being enough to prevent bad behavior such as making a new account for every single delivery and ripping people off. 

Back when I had southwindmarket.com I used a free host because there was no personal data being handled whatsoever. Now I've found a host for 2.75$ a month including SSL (and 13$ a year for the domain).

According to Financial Times, your age, gender and location is worth 0.005$, even if I got that much info from every single Wurm player, I don't think I'd break even.

And btw, the information Facebook "takes" from you doesn't do you any harm. Actually I find it quite nice to see ads about things that I'm interested in rather than makeup or high heels.

Edited by gabars
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, gabars said:

And btw, the information Facebook "takes" from you doesn't do you any harm. Actually I find it quite nice to see ads about things that I'm interested in rather than makeup or high heels.

Having access to the other side of facebook a lot of people don't get to see, I can tell you this statement is off the mark. The information you give Facebook can and will harm you. Or at least your privacy.

• Like 1