Sign in to follow this  
Flubb

Mountain Overpass near Summerholt opens

Hello everyone,

Aske and I have been working on something in the past months and the project has concluded this week at last.

This is where it is located:

389bG3J.png

There are a few touches that need finishing, but it is fully traversable. It's not highway compatible due to the project start predating the highways conception alone(-> plans could not be made with catseyes in mind), so in the times to come where "Find Route" might make pointing signs obsolete, this is your super not-so-secret tip for getting over the mountain, instead of around it.

The western half was done by me and consist of a serpentine road climbing the mountain and leading into a tunnel (Lights are to be provided still, and some veins to be excavated.)

An ants view from the beginning:

Spoiler

5Q6WM1p.jpg

KPPa3Mo.jpg

The eastern part is arguable the more impressive one and was done by Aske - I think pictures speak much better for this arrangement, as my words won't do it justice. I merely donated the (or at least a substantial amount of) stone bricks and a pinch of dirt, but everything else from procuring all other materials to assembly was done by him.

And the eastern start is not as hard to miss.

Spoiler

W3geVBp.jpg

And it goes on like that for a while

Spoiler

aHjV6SV.jpg

8uFl8Hn.jpg

We haven't settled on a name, really. Guess we're both pathologically pragmatic. But perhaps the community will be better at finding a name for it.

Hope this will open up more travel between the Summerholt area and "North of Whitefay".

• Like 3

So YOU'RE the one that made that god awful mess!

While I can understand the need for area citizens to be able to pass that mountain range, a tunnel would have been much easier (and faster to travel).

• Like 1

I originally wanted to, actually. But appearantly I would have run into existing mines with where I started to dig and we had a bit of a run-in over it, so we opted for a surface alternative. Blame the 2D cave system, I suppose.

What a shame its single tile. We are looking for a way to catseye all the way to Summerholt.

Yeah, I've just learned of that tunnel the same day I made this post. Funny how that works out.

What are you looking to catseye all the way to SH from the west anyway? Because Summerholt was already connected to the wider Xanadu network via Whitefay way before either of these projects were finished. (Also by yours truly, though I didn't do much except throw a couple hundred catseyes on a highway segment that was already done, but was merely neglected so far since the highway update)