Sign in to follow this  
Drathania

Animals escaping confinement.

I just witnessed one of my baby horses walk through the wall of my house at Dirty Business (Deli) from the locked pen that sits against my house underground. Then proceed to try and make it to freedom.

Edit: Seems more frequent when animals are seeking food.

9 escapees so far.

Edited by Drathania
Update

I'm guessing this is related to an overarching issue happening in caves:

• Like 1

fences do not work on animals in mines

buildings will contain a animal, but hostile ones will still growl at you through the walls ^_^

1 hour ago, JakeRivers said:

fences do not work on animals in mines

buildings will contain a animal, but hostile ones will still growl at you through the walls ^_^

Evidently, buildings won't contain animals in mines... You know, since my horse just walked straight through a solid building wall. :P 

I lost my champion wild cat due to this, about a week ago on Indy. His name is fluffy if anyone finds him let me know. :(

Edited by Niki

Not sure if it's related, but I've been bringing animals home from the wilds, and have noticed them waltzing around outside of their pens/like they are roaming around freely through fences...but they aren't getting away. I think it's a graphical glitch due to travel. It's not in caves though.

I pondered reporting it, but was like 'eh'...since it's not harming anything/nothing is getting away. When I log back in, those animals I'd put in their cages are just fine where they were put/and aren't roaming like that anymore.

7 hours ago, Drathania said:

Evidently, buildings won't contain animals in mines... You know, since my horse just walked straight through a solid building wall. :P 

If your house backs directly against a rock wall I suspect it will leak animals. Nadroj has a free standing house in his mine that contains his gators just fine. 

Or it could be horses are just magical.

Also bridges are animal teleportation devices.

Edited by JakeRivers

On 3/23/2018 at 6:17 PM, Corsan said:

Not sure if it's related, but I've been bringing animals home from the wilds, and have noticed them waltzing around outside of their pens/like they are roaming around freely through fences...but they aren't getting away. I think it's a graphical glitch due to travel. It's not in caves though.

I pondered reporting it, but was like 'eh'...since it's not harming anything/nothing is getting away. When I log back in, those animals I'd put in their cages are just fine where they were put/and aren't roaming like that anymore.

I never considered it to be a graphical glitch. When there are graphical glitches on entity locations, you tend not to be able to lead said glitched graphical animal (or interact with it or the affected player) unless you are next to their actual location on the server, because, graphical glitch, and ofc, reloading the client usually re-syncs any graphically-mislocated entities. This horse escaped straight through a solid brick house wall right in front of me, I was able to lead it straight away. It escaped, plain and simple. :/

I've heard stories, oh the stories, ever since animals were able to wander occupied tile borders, but I've never actually experienced it, till now. Could the tile border issue be related?

Edit: Happened 2 more times. >_<

Edited by Drathania
Update

On 3/23/2018 at 2:47 PM, Drathania said:

I just witnessed one of my baby horses walk through the wall of my house at Dirty Business (Deli) from the locked pen that sits against my house underground. Then proceed to try and make it to freedom.

Edit: Seems more frequent when animals are seeking food.

9 escapees so far.

Is there a bridge connected to the building, or can you describe the walls of the building and the pen? The connection between wall and pen is with fence in arch? Is any building wall directly against a cave wall?

Ok, I started this thread back in 2016. I am right now testing a batch of animals in pens & buildings underground, will provide an update to my thread once I am finished testing. Right now am letting animals all get good'n hungry. My thread...

I do hope they get this fixed, would be grand to be able to confidently keep animals securely in underground enclosures.

TeeeBOMB