Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Allow renaming of items / containers you have access to

Example: Inside my large cart i am unable to rename the rafts (which i believe is because my alt actually put them into the cart, even though I own the cart. . . so unless i remove the contents of the rafts, then remove the rafts and put them back into the cart I am unable to rename them with my main).

Just want people with manage access to the cart / wagon / ship / etc to be able to rename contents.

Please, while i understand this probably isnt a super common issue for most, and isn't really for me.. when i do run into the problem it is frustrating :/

• Like 4

It's a bit of a nuisance for me, too. Rather annoying. This also strikes me as problematic for securing things. I have 3 alts, one of them unloaded a forge once upon a time...have to try to secure it each of them now to finally put this thing in place, even though it's in my building, on my deed, and have "plant" and "pickup planted" permissions, obviously.

I know, I know, just load into a wagon and drop it then. Eventually did that. But if loosening those restrictions a bit isn't too much hassle, it would be a nice touch.

• Like 1

Big +1

Currently it seems like the permission to rename an item is tied to the owner of the item. This is the last person to have the item in their inventory or to have placed/unloaded it. So as long as i have permission to pick the item up or load it...then i can do that and the ownership of the item would switch to me and then i can rename it.

It makes sense to me that the permission to rename the item should instead be tied to the permission to pick it up. This would remove the step where I have to pick it up to switch ownership before renaming and it would allow me to control who has the permission to rename it.

• Like 1

Yes please this has caused annoyance on many occasions.