Sign in to follow this  
Corsan

[Fixed] Decorative Items still taking decay.

Was going around checking things and items that are included on that 'Decorative items don't take decay on deeds with 30+ days of upkeep' list from a long while back are taking decay smacks.

I vaguely recall open fireplaces/smelter being added to the list, but I'm not seeing them on there...but Kiln is certainly on the list.

[09:12:19] A decorative open fireplace which provides light and warmth to those nearby. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 68.01924, Dam: 2.9622812. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'. The fire is not lit.

[09:12:35] A large kiln made from bricks with a clay inner lining and covered in dirt. The purpose is to fire clay items. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 69.990265, Dam: 2.8782501. The kiln has been firmly secured to the ground by Corsan. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'. The fire is not lit.

[09:12:39] A smelter made from bricks and clay, fits more ore than a forge. It could be improved with a rock shards. Ql: 69.12253, Dam: 2.9146495. The smelter has been firmly secured to the ground by Corsan. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Cors.n'. The fire is not lit.

These were all 70+ QL before, as I imp to 70+ QL, and have been getting random ticks, but not quickly enough...so I wasn't sure whether to report them. It's a non-rapidly occurring decay.

It's not because of deed being less than 30 days of upkeep :

[09:18:08] <Corsan> The upkeep will last approximately 203 days, 3 hours and 46 minutes more.

It may be related to a recent server restart....[09:38:38] The server has been up 6 days and 45 minutes.

...as I remember checking them shortly before and no decay on them.

Another person mentioned a similar happenstance :

[09:17:42] <Wulfmaer> on deed mailbox looks to have taken some decay ticks...

[09:17:53] <Maelstra> Do you have less than 30 days upkeep

[09:17:58] <Wulfmaer> no

Mailboxes are also included in the list.

I am on Xanadu, and we've had recurring problems (To the point where I had to mark my rare still with a date of when it was last hit with a decay tick. This somehow managed to not receive a hit this time.) of these decorative items taking hits.

Oh, a little more info : They are just sitting out in the open on deed. Not inside a building. (I quit making buildings because every time I go to take a break, they all get annihilated by deed collapse.)

This thread referenced some of the stuff that should be part of the no decay stuff also. I searched for awhile to try and find whether smelter/open fireplace counted on this...and found some anomalies that I posted here.

Still unsure as to whether those two count in the list. Maybe someone needs to go through and update the list on that first page I linked?

The mailbox Corsan mentioned above:

[14:16:44] A wooden mailbox looking like a wooden house. It is made from lindenwood. It could be improved with a log. Ql: 23.046404, Dam: 4.3390718.

I also notice that a group of armour stands have taken damage:

[06:57:50] An armour stand used to keep your armour. Ql: 16.09581, Dam: 4.1124935.

[06:58:21] An armour stand used to keep your armour. Ql: 21.276653, Dam: 4.6999874.

[06:58:27] An armour stand used to keep your armour. Ql: 13.802065, Dam: 15.056532.

The forth stand in that group hasn't

[06:58:18] An armour stand used to keep your armour. Ql: 15.243213, Dam: 0.0.

and a wooden coffer:

[07:08:32] A wooden coffer. Simple yet beautifully decorated. Ql: 17.402431, Dam: 5.7463236.

All these items are in houses, on deed.

I have an issue open already for kilns on deed (not in buildings) taking decay.

For testing purposes (as decay is impossible to control or predict), when reporting an item, please note the following:

Location - on a deed in the open, on a deed inside a house

Upkeep - has the upkeep at any time been below 30 days

Portability - has the item EVER been off deed (ex.  on a boat, in a cart, in a wagon, etc)

Secured/planted - is the item secured or planted

Would you mind repairing the item reported (and rename it with the repair date and an examine), then check back again and report if it's damaged again.

I noticed that if items are not secured they take damage, like tall banners

4 hours ago, Alectrys said:

I have an issue open already for kilns on deed (not in buildings) taking decay.

For testing purposes (as decay is impossible to control or predict), when reporting an item, please note the following:

Location - on a deed in the open, on a deed inside a house

Upkeep - has the upkeep at any time been below 30 days

Portability - has the item EVER been off deed (ex.  on a boat, in a cart, in a wagon, etc)

Secured/planted - is the item secured or planted

Would you mind repairing the item reported (and rename it with the repair date and an examine), then check back again and report if it's damaged again.

Info you asked for :

Location - On a deed in the open.

Upkeep - Upkeep is over 200 days. I never let it drop below 30 unless I'm taking a break from the game, in which case my deed collapses and takes it out/highly damages everything on it. These take tiny hits here or there while on deed with upkeep way over 30 days. I've noticed it a few times. It happens to forges and ovens also. I recently made a new forge and imped it to just over 70 because the forge that was sitting on deed(Not one I built.) got enough decay to drop down too far for my satisfaction, and my oven has taken a few minor decay hits so it's dropped below the 70 QL I had it at. (Was built on deed, has also never left.)

Portability - My Kiln, Smelter, and Open Fireplace were all built and imped on deed. Have never left/even been loaded. (I just had to hop on to check on whether you even can 'secure' a open fireplace and loaded it/unloaded it because I wasn't getting an option...so that has now been loaded one time.) I have never even lit the open fireplace, so that's not a 'on use' decay. Have used the kiln about 9 times since I made it, vaguely recently (Those large pottery amphoras...one of which bugged out..and a few batches of pottery bowls.). Smelter only used (Not recently) about 3-4 times.

Secured/planted - Kiln and Smelter secured. Open fireplace doesn't seem to get a secure option for some reason. (Don't think you can pick these all up so cannot be planted, would have to load to move last I knew. Unless using new place feature which I haven't touched them with.)

Already repaired and re-imped them and marked them with re-imp date. All over 70 QL again. (Just barely.)

• Like 1