Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

New tile - Meadow

I would honestly love to see something like this.  Huge chunks of many servers have planted with lavender and oleander to keep sight lines clear and help prevent unpleasant ambushes by nasty mobs, but those areas have always looked super janky to me.

I understand the need to balance ample tree resources against making it too easy to prevent all tree growth, but a dedicated player could do that with moss at this very moment.  Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to create:

1. A tree-free area
  2. That was also a food source for livestock (and hence wasn't lawn or steppe or moss)
  3. That looked beautiful
  4. That was just as easy to 'undo' by planting a sprout
  5. That would still trample like regular grass so that Enchanted Grass was still desirable for those that raise animals and/or want to follow the path of love

Having clear lines of sight while being inland is just something that makes my lizard brain feel calm and safe - and the only way to do this at the moment is a relentless, endless commitment to chopping down trees for the rest of my life.

All this to say that after thinking about it?  Yes, I love the idea of meadows and have become a fan.

• Like 6

On 8/31/2022 at 4:24 AM, Sidereal said:

endless commitment to chopping down trees for the rest of my life.

I feel this. Currently on one of the biggest grasslands in Wurm I think. But we constantly have to trim the margins.

Also another idea I saw near someone's deed - is a grasslands with sparse trees. Even way harder to maintain than the normal one.

• Like 2

Besides this new meadow tile, i would love to see a sunflower tile, again no trees can sprout and ruin it. Sunflowers could be used for food and oil .. what ever.. but they are also nice to see in a field. 

• Like 3