Sign in to follow this  
Wilczan

New tile - Meadow

2 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

I feel like we keep getting a lot of suggestions that are just ways to make the game more convenient and easier for the specific player

It always worked like that. Player is doing something, then thinks that his activity could be improved or changed in some way. Then he suggest some solution.

• Like 2

There isn't a problem with the current mechanics, it only requires a touch of maintenance.

Step one, find a newb

Step two, point to a hill you'd like to be a meadow

Step three, tell him to go skill woodcutting

Step four, enjoy your meadow

• Like 1

I think it would be better to let grazers and herbivores kill/eat fresh sprouted trees and bushes so open grass plains are created in a more realistic natural way.

• Like 4

+1

Maybe an arctic biom only found above certain elevations where running around without proper clothing causes cold damage?

+1!!

Not only would this be nice for deeds, but it would also be so refreshing to travel the world and not have every square inch of it covered in trees. I love trees and I love forests, but what I wouldn't do for some more variety in the landscapes of Wurm! ♥ Proper biomes are something I dream of, but I don't really see how they could add them into current servers. Imagine if suddenly your deed became an icy arctic tundra! :P

• Like 1

oh yeah i like this idea a whole mainly because of all the (&*%(^%$% maintenance i have to do to keep my pastures viable for my animals

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kordethbludscythe said:

oh yeah i like this idea a whole mainly because of all the (&*%(^%$% maintenance i have to do to keep my pastures viable for my animals

Farm crops in your animal pen. What I do. Keeps em fed, increases harvest yield, reduces wasted space, and no trees!

yeah, this gets a big +1 from me. I've created the largest grassland in Wurm, and it took months and months to eradicate every single tree and bush in the area. At first I was trying to leave a few around the edges, but within a month or two, I'd be overgrown with the fast growing fruit trees and bushes, so had to take the extreme step of clearing every.single.tree. even spending a couple weeks clinging to the side of the mountain to get those stragglers. Without that, and making a perimeter of at least 20 tiles of steppe and moss around it, it'd be a constant battle with cutting back new growth every month or two. Who's got time for that?

• Like 1

I love the idea of meadow.

For me it'd mean longer grass, more flowers, no chance of trees or bushes sprouting there, and ideally different animal spawns.

In a perfect world, there would be a dynamic balance between grazing animals and plants, and the different trees and bushes would be suited to different environments (altitude, slope, etc.) but attempting to balance a truly dynamic system is going to take a great deal of developer time, and there's always the risk that things could get seriously out of balance on a particular server (some of them are a lot steeper than others).

• Like 2

YES!!!!! this is what I have been saying... fields are nice... yes yes yes alll for it please !!!

• Like 2

Or just making steppe greener, like the Mongolian steppe as opposed to more Mediterranean steppe. 

I think Russian steppe is a little browner, but it would be nice to just have grasslands in any way! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Archaed said:

Or just making steppe greener, like the Mongolian steppe as opposed to more Mediterranean steppe. 

I think Russian steppe is a little browner, but it would be nice to just have grasslands in any way! 

As for quick and easy solution, this would be nice, to not stress Devs with additional work.

More greener and also maybe little more dense grass on steppe, couse let's face it, current steppe is ugly and look like low-res texture.

From Wikipedia, steppe in Mongolia, don't mind the ungeared noob on the horse and noob tents, look at all that green!:

Naadam_rider_2.jpg

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 2

+1. I'd also love to see a tile like this on deed as an alternative to lawn tiles, but in that case it should also function like lawn when on deed, so when on deed it shouldn't naturally spread and also shouldn't allow the growth of trees/bushes.

• Like 1