Sign in to follow this  
Sklo:D

How much better Wurm could look

How much better the game could look like if the client side color saturation would be increased.

OLN8twx.jpg

Watch some more ingame footage with increased color saturation in our new Sklotopolis trailer:

Edited by Sklo:D
  • Like 1

Do you have a demonstration screenshot of saturation somewhere roughly half-way in between the two?

• Like 1

+1 for the idea.. would spice up the look tremendously for freedomers at least who likes to enjoy the view. Gives the game a fresh look somehow. 

I'll admit it looks more lively... but I can't help but immediately think it looks a bit cartoony.  Forgive, I'm not trying to be "that guy"... I can't explain why I feel it, just do.   Brighter colors in wurm, like your video, just make me feel it's not as real somehow.

That said, it's pretty cool and I wouldn't mind having a WU mod or something like that, for servers where that's a feature :)

• Like 1

Aye a bit cartoon feel i got also with that much saturation, but something in between would not hurt i think :)

• Like 2

Wurm = pubg

Sklo's suggestion = Fortnite

Something inbetween would be better indeed ;)

Wurm always has a kind of dusty look to it (tho it doesnt bother me), the spring season is always my favorit because everything feels a bit more alive.

Love it  , as is now it looks like someone forgot to dust of the monitor or dusty lens cap on a camera .

Also you're settings may make it look toony ...

-1, hurts my eyes. The trees look beautiful and that it, but thats only to me. everything else turns out way too bright.

• Like 1

If I had to choose, I’d stick with Wurm as is personally. Wouldn’t mind seeing in between as previously suggested though as I like the idea, but think to just too much

Here is a sort of inbetween picture at 50% saturation.

OLN8twx.jpg

Edited by Engineer
added a better version
  • Like 10

I would opt for something even a little closer to vanilla that the inbetween, but that being said the inbetween is nice.

• Like 2

Please don't!
I love the natural colours of Wurm. The water and the sky got to less pretty already, please don't ruin other things.

• Like 3

+1 for the in between but it should also allow the option for turning it off for those who enjoy vanilla wurm.

Any reason this couldn't be a client-side configurable gradient?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wilczan said:

The Upside Down version

upside_down_copy.jpg

+1

Add it to settings before you log in, let the player decide imo if possible.

• Like 6

On 3/20/2018 at 3:02 PM, Kadore said:

Add it to settings before you log in, let the player decide imo if possible.

this

i am sure im not the only one who over the years calibrated their screen to make wurm's colors less or more vibrant so if something like this came about make it a option with a slider and let people tinker with it dont force it onto us

me personally i would not use said option as i love the way it looks now(then again the old old way was better)

• Like 2