Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Close please

Stonehaven Supplies

I'm looking to try an experiment and as such I will offer goods for purchase and the payment will be USD via paypal.  I believe the convenience it can offer may be worth it to some and/or could even give newbies a head-start.  I have been in wurm for around 7 years and believe in honesty.  If you buy from me, you will get your items, that's all there is to it.  My paypal account is a verified business account, is in good standing, and is nearly 15 years old.  There is no catch.  I am taking a bit of a loss due to USD is worth less then euros and I take a .30 cent +2.9% loss per invoice.  I'm doing this because I enjoy the business aspect of Wurm and it's a fun way to run a shop.  It doesn't cost me much of anything but my time, which I'm already sinking into the game anyway.  In the spirit of transparency, I stand to earn around 66 cents per USD you pay.  I'm not out here to price gouge or win the game, just experimenting with something I can provide for mutual benefit.

How does this work

• PM Nomadikhan ingame, forums, or reply to this topic with your order
  • I send you an itemized invoice via paypal for your specific order
  • You pay said invoice via paypal (which accepts all major cards, banks, debits)
  • I create and improve your purchased items and mail them ingame free of charge.

What I offer

• 75ql Full Chainmail set (9 pieces), Iron - $2.00 USD
  • 75ql Full Studded Leather set (9 pieces) - $2.00 USD
  • 75ql Shields, iron/oak, any type - $1.00 USD
  • 75ql Weapon, iron/oak, any type - $2.00 USD
  • 75ql Toolset, (i.e. Hammer, Whetstone, and Pelt) - $2.00 USD
  • 75ql Bow, willow, any type - $1.50 USD
  • 100x 50ql Arrows, maple, war/hunting - $2.00 USD

Note

These prices are not set in stone, this is an experiment to see how people view paying for goods with real money vs ingame currency and as such may need adjusting.

• Like 1

I currently live with Nomad at Stonehaven and he is a great person to deal with :) 

Should also accept cryptocurrencies to make this test even better ;)

Edited by LorenaMontana
Typos

nevermind, free bump

Edited by Katie

6 minutes ago, Katie said:

Prices seem very bad. I know you mentioned they were not firm but everything you said is 3x above street, I can get 90ql anything for a third or half the price you're asking, ...and those arrow prices?! What...really?

Actually, they are not that bad. 2 USD  = 1.63E right? Most people who sell silvers sell them 1s = 1e because they don't want to lose out. 1.6s for a full chainset? I mean, it's not enchanted and its 75ql but it's not what you call 3x above street price for sure. And also, you seem to forget that nobody is entitled to sell anything at any specific price, people can sell a 1ql pickaxe for 1g if they want and can so why bother with your post?

• Like 1

100x arrows for 2$.... i think thats cheap. 300 actions at least, make the arrow shafts then make arrow heads and combine + the work to get mats. Well i guess everything is expensive when you cant afford it or you are willing to do it yourself.

Like the idea of this Nomadikhan, dont have to play with silvers if dont want to. Makes some peoples life easier when you dont have to first buy the silver and then the goods.

Good luck with this!

• Like 2

Exactly the point, some prices a bit higher then market, some a bit lower, but what your paying for in the end is convenience.  I appreciate the feedback both ways, it's good to know what people are willing or are not willing to pay, it has to start somewhere.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

prices are actually ok and for me, buying silver is a hassle if we know you're trusted this saves A LOT of hassle, great idea.

• Like 1

paying 30cents +3% or whatever the paypal fee for 1 item sounds like a great plan

13 hours ago, Szai said:

paying 30cents +3% or whatever the paypal fee for 1 item sounds like a great plan

I'm not in it to win the game, just grind some skills, make a bit of cash, and experiment.  Money isnt the prime motive here, you missed the point.  This is, maybe, a start to selling larger items here.  Think ahead before you mock.

This isn't a price check, this isn't a general topic... Its a merchant post.  Can we please not spam opinions?   I dont want to ask a mod to clean my post, most of us are grown ups here, right?

Edited by Nomadikhan

im not suggesting youre trying to make money and rip people off, paypal fees arent worth it on tiny transactions. sorry you come from a place where youre not allowed to criticize poorly planned ideas.

That's for me to care, not you.  I have a combined income plenty high enough to care less about invoice fees on a fun experiment.  Please cease derailing my topic.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 1

Seeing as how board mods only removed one of the 4 requested posts here, I'm declaring it officially derailed.  Just close the topic :/

Edited by Nomadikhan