16 hours ago, Retrograde said:

If you still don't feel like reporting a bug, then there's no grounds to complain about bugs going unfixed, it's a group effort from players and developers, and we're shifting some attention to focusing on long-standing and important bugs over the next few weeks and months, so please, help us as much as you can, so the only bugs in Wurm are the six legged kind. 

Well said Retro, well said.

17 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The importance of bugs (or at least reporting them!) 

In all software forms, bugs creep in from time to time, and it's always a developers goal to reduce their impact and eliminate them, and this is no different for Wurm.

We've seen a few circumstances where people have complained about a bug in a random thread, or other channel (IRC, Discord, In game) and question why it hasn't been fixed, and one reason for that may be that that's not where they are reported! 

We have a dedicated forum section for bug reports for many reasons:

1) It keeps them all in the one location.
2) It allows us to address each bug individually.
3) It allows users to check if the bug has already been reported.

4) It allows us to update the status or confirm bugs being eliminated.

etc. 

I don't feel so bad about reporting every spelling error and minor cooking issue. :D Also...maybe we can get rid of the "six legged kind", too? Or replace then with something less likely to be dropping on me from a tree IRL. Bleh. #replacecavebugswithbutterflies

Edited by NeeNee
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Retrograde said:

There are some projects in the works, and we'll be pushing forward with previously mentioned ones as well, the UI update being a large one

Oh my, oh my. UI update? Cannot wait to see that. :) Got any spoilers? :D

8 hours ago, NeeNee said:

I don't feel so bad about reporting every spelling error and minor cooking issue. :D Also...maybe we can get rid of the "six legged kind", too? Or replace then with something less likely to be dropping on me from a tree IRL. Bleh. #replacecavebugswithbutterflies

Please keep the spelling / text error reports coming - I really hate those bugs, and they're (usually) easy to fix!

• Like 2

Good to know mac issue being worked out. Good job guys.

also, pls gib kingdom graphic sails that are built like wagons (retain their sail designs everywhere and not just pmk on chaos and freedom isles on freedom)

Edited by platinumteef
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2018 at 1:52 PM, Retrograde said:

The importance of bugs (or at least reporting them!) 

There is a big issue with reporting bugs, no response from the Dev team or oh we are looking into this, or yes its a known bug. We take the time to beta test the releases, we take the time to report a bug, yet no one takes the time to report back that its being looked into. we have to chase it, we have to look at the bug report list to see if its been fixed.

It should be a 2 way street not a 1 way, that why alot of people complain, no communication from those that should be looking into a bug or problem.

Yes I have examples, one is the mega 4.0 client thread, how about no stamina gain on flat brdiges while mounted, there are bug reports and no comments of any kind on some of them.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SmackedDown said:

There is a big issue with reporting bugs, no response from the Dev team or oh we are looking into this, or yes its a known bug. We take the time to beta test the releases, we take the time to report a bug, yet no one takes the time to report back that its being looked into. we have to chase it, we have to look at the bug report list to see if its been fixed.

It should be a 2 way street not a 1 way, that why alot of people complain, no communication from those that should be looking into a bug or problem.

Yes I have examples, one is the mega 4.0 client thread, how about no stamina gain on flat brdiges while mounted, there are bug reports and no comments of any kind on some of them.

We use an internal bug tracker for our systems, and while bugs are transferred and noted, we don't always remember to leave a not on the thread, so please don't take it as it being ignored, just the note saying it's been noted is forgotten 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, platinumteef said:

also, pls gib kingdom graphic sails that are built like wagons (retain their sail designs everywhere and not just pmk on chaos and freedom isles on freedom)

Pls no my supreme knarr would be sad. How about PMK's make a square yard rig replacement they can sell a PMK square sail. Rare knarr lives matter..

Edited by Niki

More fun coming in Wurm, and that is so great, GoOOd job guys! :wub:

Edited by DeNafig

What about the ninja change where food in my magic chest are now taking damage?  Where was the notes about that?  @Retrograde

Edited by Nomadikhan

1 hour ago, Nomadikhan said:

What about the ninja change where food in my magic chest are now taking damage?  Where was the notes about that?  @Retrograde

I have lets just say.. a few pizzas.. in my LMC and none have taken any dmg, neither have the herb dumplings i got in there too lol

Is it possible they took dmg outside the chest and you didn't notice?

On 3/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, Xor said:

I have lets just say.. a few pizzas.. in my LMC and none have taken any dmg, neither have the herb dumplings i got in there too lol

Smc not lmc

On 3/18/2018 at 11:05 AM, Xor said:

They were mailed 0dmg, stuck in the chest, never pulled out again.  Chest has been on the ground ondeed for almost 2 years, never picked up.

Edited by Nomadikhan

WU Beta
Yes, we know it's late, with the metals and armour dyeing out, we'll be shifting all focus to getting that beta out for server admins and modders to break, it's been delayed a little longer to include the metal types and catch all that stuff, there's a lot in it and I know we've been rather slow in getting it out, but it's worth the wait, I promise!

Can we at least get some kind of ETA, it's been almost 6 months since the last WU update. Thanks

• Like 1

On 17/03/2018 at 2:18 PM, Retrograde said:

We do in most circumstances, just missed yours

@Retrograde