Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Allow us to paint weapons and tools, like we can shields and armor.

I'm gonna -1 as well, a lot of these great sounding suggestions lately usually have some blowback that most people would realize if they took a step back for a moment and thought about every possible situation with it.

Moon metals, seryll, and now electrum all how their specific colors and are sought out for that reason, as does steel, iron, and every other metal now. If you start painting over it, Wurm will loose that medieval european feeling it has going for it and turn into every other MMO with a rainbow of characters. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cornchips said:

Moon metals, seryll, and now electrum all how their specific colors and are sought out for that reason

I thought it was because of the bonuses. 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2018 at 9:46 PM, Delacroix said:

"muh PvP" is not a legitimate reason to disagree with finishing the job that has already been started--that is, the freedom (re: the ability) to coordinate outfits, especially when weapon statistical differences are as minor as they are now. Furthermore, this also isn't the thread to suggest additions that said "muh pvp" players only want because it lends itself to advantage on that front. We can already paint both armor and shields, and we need to be able to match the set.  Finally, that also isn't a good reason to dismiss the entire thread, when part of said thread is a request for the ability to dye wearables such as quivers and backpacks as well.

Not that information matters much when current PvP is little more than endless gate-hopping.

Since it's a suggestion asking for backers I would say any opinion is valid , 

I still +1 to the idea of painting weapons though but only blade please , will looks wierd otherwise.

9 hours ago, Allenkey said:

Isn't there a color rune for this that can be attached..?

There's no reason to need to rely on an RNG system for something that should've been properly dyable from the beginning.

Save the runes for things that are simply impractical to use dye for.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 1

-1-1-1-1

Edited by Killroth

+1 Would love to paint my weapons! :) And back packs too please! 🤞

On 5/9/2020 at 2:11 PM, Killroth said:

-1 / +1 

You can already paint pretty much anything with runes. 

I could see adding painting of weapons but i think it should be added to jewelrysmithing or something idk and maybe reimburse the runes that are on weapons then.

The sense of entitlement surrounding runes is insane. Your 'reward' for using them was the same as everyone else who did--you actually had colored weapons years before anybody who didn't. There is no reason anybody should be "reimbursed" for making a conscious decision to make use of game mechanics to their own benefit.

This is yet another example of inconsistent mechanics within the game, and it needs remedied. There is no reason why we can paint just about anything, but weapons are somehow sacrosanct. Color runes will still have a purpose in being able to save copious amounts of effort for items that require large amounts of dye. And there is no reason for anything to be required to paint them besides, you know, dye. The thing whose sole purpose in existing is to paint things.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Delacroix said:

The sense of entitlement surrounding runes is insane. Your 'reward' for using them was the same as everyone else who did--you actually had colored weapons years before anybody who didn't. There is no reason anybody should be "reimbursed" for making a conscious decision to make use of game mechanics to their own benefit.

This is yet another example of inconsistent mechanics within the game, and it needs remedied. There is no reason why we can paint just about anything, but weapons are somehow sacrosanct. Color runes will still have a purpose in being able to save copious amounts of effort for items that require large amounts of dye. And there is no reason for anything to be required to paint them besides, you know, dye. The thing whose sole purpose in existing is to paint things.

Actually you are the one with a sense of entitlement?? You think that we went around and colored everything years ago with runes and now you want it for free? lol

Plus this thread is a necro thread from several years ago... You yourself have had plenty of time.

To be rude when to me when i gave both sides of argument + and - plenty of room shows lack of consideration on many levels.

Edited by Killroth

4 hours ago, Killroth said:

Actually you are the one with a sense of entitlement?? You think that we went around and colored everything years ago with runes and now you want it for free? lol

Plus this thread is a necro thread from several years ago... You yourself have had plenty of time.

To be rude when to me when i gave both sides of argument + and - plenty of room shows lack of consideration on many levels.

[17:08:52] A huge axe with a heavy head and a wooden shaft. You'll need to wield it with both hands. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. Colors: R=13, G=171, B=157. It could be improved with a lump.

[17:09:18] A medium sized battle axe with a wooden shaft. This is a very rare and interesting version of the item. Colors: R=47, G=81, B=67. The axe needs to be sharpened with a whetstone.

[17:09:29] A long and slender sword. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design. Colors: R=11, G=8, B=12. It could be improved with a lump.

[17:12:41] A kind of small hand-held scythe with a crescent-moon formed blade. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design. Colors: R=6, G=38, B=9. You need to temper the sickle by dipping it in water while it's hot.

Yeah, so much entitlement here with wanting to make the system more consistent and accessible. You might want to look up the definition of the word there, slick. Furthermore, keeping a thread bumped every so often (last post was just in October, btw) isn't a "necro" thread. Finally, if you chose to take being corrected as 'rude' that's on you. If I wanted to be rude, I'd point to your insistence on misusing words and phrases you're clearly unfamiliar with.

Edited by Delacroix

On 3/16/2018 at 7:11 PM, Wilczan said:

Yeah, make medieval setting look like circus.

Medieval setting was very colorful by today's standards. 3ljPfmcRglBS0Ym9bkiB33H2xuHnJOf6wzFtBKlM

But I kind of agree for weapons and tools. Having dye on the metal part that is used would make them look unrealistic and weird as dye would be removed when sharpening. 

Besides I like how you can now distinguish an iron or steel blade from the color tint.

Backpacks and quivers should be dyeable tho.

Edited by Idlamn