Sign in to follow this  
Delacroix

Allow us to paint weapons and tools, like we can shields and armor.

Quivers, backpacks and shoulders as well please.

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 7

with metals i believe the term is `temper`, i suggest that it require skill :)
+1

Edited by Steveleeb

"This is Trollbane, an ancient artifact passed down to us from generations ago. Ever since Magranon himself finished the final touch on it before blessing our mortal bloodline with its sacred possession, it has left thousands of fiends and beasts in a bloody trail of guts and victory!"

"And it is pink...!?"

"AND IT IS PINK!"

• Like 7

Nah, but they should have a visible effect around them if enchanted with FA, FB, RT, LT, ....

Reddish glow for FA, blue or whiteish with FB...

• Like 2

Right now a lot of information is being stripped away from us. You're fighting a guy, he's red, blue, yellow, purple and black at the same time. You don't know what his armour is made out of, you don't know what his shield is made out of, heck, it's even hard to tell if it's even rare with the black dyes... Maybe also making the weapon hard to tell is a bad idea -1. I like the idea of weapons glowing in the color of the enchant tho +1 to that

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 4

Glowing depending on casts - ok, but no painting.

"muh PvP" is not a legitimate reason to disagree with finishing the job that has already been started--that is, the freedom (re: the ability) to coordinate outfits, especially when weapon statistical differences are as minor as they are now. Furthermore, this also isn't the thread to suggest additions that said "muh pvp" players only want because it lends itself to advantage on that front. We can already paint both armor and shields, and we need to be able to match the set.  Finally, that also isn't a good reason to dismiss the entire thread, when part of said thread is a request for the ability to dye wearables such as quivers and backpacks as well.

Not that information matters much when current PvP is little more than endless gate-hopping.

Edited by Delacroix

Or we can get the best of both worlds by having dyed weapons only affect part of the metal.  That way you can see what metal the weapon is made of, and still have your matching outfits.

1 hour ago, Tathar said:

Or we can get the best of both worlds by having dyed weapons only affect part of the metal.  That way you can see what metal the weapon is made of, and still have your matching outfits.

That's the route one would assume (hope?) they'd take, given what MM helmets look like.

+1

I need to paint red crosses on all my belongings, after all, God wills it.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2018 at 2:49 AM, Gladiator said:

Right now a lot of information is being stripped away from us. You're fighting a guy, he's red, blue, yellow, purple and black at the same time. You don't know what his armour is made out of, you don't know what his shield is made out of, heck, it's even hard to tell if it's even rare with the black dyes... Maybe also making the weapon hard to tell is a bad idea -1. I like the idea of weapons glowing in the color of the enchant tho +1 to that

Makes a good point, The quality of the armor and the power of enchants on the armor should be visible by enemies as well. Huge difference between a guy with 60ql and a guy with 95ql armor on.

But then again pink swords sounds like its much more wurth it. +1

• Like 1

+1

Yes it would be nice, the ada staff isn't too nice. :(

8t2Pemr.jpg

On 3/15/2018 at 11:49 PM, Gladiator said:

This seems like a meta-argument though. 

I doubt you would know the quality and materials of an opponents gear simply by looking at him before a fight. 

Which is partly why there's 5 seasons of "Forged in Fire".  You actually have to test the gear out, either in combat or not. 

"That's DOTHRAKI LEATHER because it's off-brown and it has a resistance of 44%! Yes, lets fight sir!"