Sign in to follow this  
Niki

People who keep wining the game

13 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Eh, You can always buy fantastic materials and make w/e is most chance to transfer, probably end up way cheaper than any of the tome goals

Even if i could afford to do that or people actually made lots of reasonable fantastic materials for me to buy....i doubt it.

Just out of curiosity, what would be so wrong with giving people a long list of choices to choose from?

Say we have to commit to the list we make up at first premium.  Obviously only actually achievable goals are on the list, so no diabolico thingamajig.

As I said earlier, I'd rather have fantastic item, or imp to 99, etc. than anything to do with pvp.  Why in the world would that bother anyone else?

Say Angel would rather not have imp to 99, but wants a challenging or time consuming pvp goal... Why in the world would that bother me?

Imagine Nadroj doesn't see himself ever doing anything remotely fantastic (:P)... who cares if he wants to choose something else?

Sure, some things are going to be tougher than others.  So, create groups of choices and make people choose from each section.  One nearly impossible, three ya-gotta-be-kiddings, 5 piece-a-cakes, and 12 gooolden rings... or whatever.

Seriously, if you were to tell me Nadroj no longer has to do a fantastic item, Woohoo!  Why would I want to impose a pain in the arse on him.

If Angel said, "ya know, crafting *pukes*."  Fair enough, what do I care?  The extent to which I care is that it makes no sense for me to want to impose stuff on him just because I enjoy it.

Rather than insist everybody must be screwed in one way or another, why not brainstorm a system in which everybody can have fun and be excited by it?

• Like 4

The idea i've put forward before that i feel is a reasonable short term solution until a proper rework is done would be this:

Give people the option to re-roll one thing from their personal goal list at a time with a cooldown of say...a month? This way noone in the game can say their goals are 100% impossible as they can just keep rerolling one at a time when they get undesirable ones. But the cooldown keeps it from being stupidly easy.

• Like 15

Everyone who thinks that accomplishing all "Personal goals" really means to win the game is wasting his time and money.

I just can recommend you to stop wasting your time and money by trying to achieve these impossible goals for nothing but an area history entry and a tome. Pointless, most of you will burn out on half way.

Edited by Sklo:D

7 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

The idea i've put forward before that i feel is a reasonable short term solution until a proper rework is done would be this:

Give people the option to re-roll one thing from their personal goal list at a time with a cooldown of say...a month? This way noone in the game can say their goals are 100% impossible as they can just keep rerolling one at a time when they get undesirable ones. But the cooldown keeps it from being stupidly easy.

That's actually a pretty cool idea - no idea how difficult it would be to implement, but it would be awesome!

40 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

+1

Edited by faty

45 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Give people the option to re-roll one thing from their personal goal list at a time

I think we all know how this would turn out, right?

True to wurm sadism the reroll would be a random goal including already completed ones thus increasing the amount needed to be completed ;)

Be careful what you wish for!

1 hour ago, Sklo:D said:

Everyone who thinks that accomplishing all "Personal goals" really means to win the game is wasting his time and money.

I just can recommend you to stop wasting your time and money by trying to achieve this impossible goals for nothing but an area history entry and a tome. Pointless, most of you will burn out on half way.

Before reading this thread, I thought people wanted to win so they got a goodie to sell, but now I see people talking about spending money to get the win. I always find these threads to be an interesting look into how people think. 

...And I'm never going to be a Planeswalker. :D

• Like 1

5000 karma per re-roll of personal goals - creates a barrier between frequent re-rolls, and ppl will help more with missions \o/ win - win!

Edited by Rocklobstar
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Sklo:D said:

I just can recommend you to stop wasting your time and money by trying to achieve this impossible goals for nothing but an area history entry and a tome. Pointless, most of you will burn out on half way.

I tend to think along these lines BUT if others believe it is worthwhile to strive to accomplish these Personal Goals why should I condemn them for doing so. Others doing things I consider to be wasting time means little to me as long as I have my own options to do things that they would consider to be wasting time. In light of this, more options available to suit different player's interests are a good thing, even if I have no personal interest in them.

=Ayes=

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Even if i could afford to do that or people actually made lots of reasonable fantastic materials for me to buy....i doubt it.

I buy rare components all the time, I haven't seen any yet and I pay out the nose. Nor have I crafted any, and I make tons of rares trust me.. Personal goals are simply broken, and fantastics are to rare it would be more possible to become archmage.

• Like 1

Just now, Niki said:

I buy rare components all the time, I haven't seen any yet and I pay out the nose. Nor have I crafted any, and I make tons of rares trust me.. Personal goals are simply broken, and fantastics are to rare it would be more possible to become archmage.

Yeah i've basically screamed myself hoarse at this point talking about how unfair the 1/10000 chance for fantastics is. Just utterly ridiculous scaling the chances from 1/5 > 1/25 > 1/10000

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rocklobstar said:

5000 karma per re-roll of personal goals - creates a barrier between frequent re-rolls, and ppl will help more with missions \o/ win - win!

No karma, that seems pay to win. Having a cool down like a path question, 30 days would be fair.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Niki said:

No karma, that seems pay to win. Having a cool down like a path question, 30 days would be fair.

why you no karma?

You have 340786 karma, how would you like to spend it?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

why you no karma?

You have 340786 karma, how would you like to spend it?

lol

tfw I craft a fantastic item and it's not one of my personal goals that I still need ._.

.. damnit wurm.

5 hours ago, Nadroj said:

or

3 hours ago, Rocklobstar said:

Both workable ideas, both what we really need.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Both workable ideas, both what we really need.

It could be if it's a fair system. I still think source / karma is a pain to get. It takes years to accumulate through missions so I would avoid that method. Then we have source wells which were nerfed a few years ago and are basically controlled by the old fat cats of Wurm. Most of those are fenced off or are generally donut houses in the middle of the woods or something. Also I hardly get crystals from mining, like never... Most of the PvE players do not wish to rack up karma through PvP.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Niki said:

It could be if it's a fair system. I still think source / karma is a pain to get. It takes years to accumulate through missions so I would avoid that method. Then we have source wells which were nerfed a few years ago and are basically controlled by the old fat cats of Wurm. Most of those are fenced off or are generally donut houses in the middle of the woods or something. Also I hardly get crystals from mining, like never... Most of the PvE players do not wish to rack up karma through PvP.

You are dreaming if you think source springs are anything worthwhile.

Do some missions, karma is easy to get, 340k since I left chaos, hardly years worth of effort.

8 hours ago, Rocklobstar said:

I like this approach very much, karma is a thing that is easy to achieve if you are determined and also blocks the random rerolls.

• Like 2

Lord knows I didn't rack up karma while I was on Chaos, and I don't have a fountain/spring. 

I prefer a time-based contingency on rerolls for obvious reasons. 

The whole idea is to unscrew people.  No need to rescrew and make people jump through hoops, it isn't necessary.

Not against giving @JakeRivers 68 immediate rerolls if need be.  (340k/5k)

Could implement both time-based and karma (as either/or), but even then you may want to put a time-based limiter on it unless your intention is to allow immediate rerolls at will... which is not what @Nadroj suggested originally.  Maybe make it 45 days without karma, 30 days with karma.

• Like 1

I'm sure most of us would settle for just about any variation on either idea so long as we got some kind of change to make all these impossible personal goal lists suddenly have some glimmer of hope.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

I'm sure most of us would settle for just about any variation on either idea so long as we got some kind of change to make all these impossible personal goal lists suddenly have some glimmer of hope.

Just saying, let's extend the glimmer of hope to everyone across all the lands.  That would have been more succinct :lol:  Sorry. :ph34r:

I had never bothered to check my personal goals as I didnt see the point with them.

But this thread got me interested.

Turns out I have both Diabolist and Archmage. :lol:

• Like 1