Sign in to follow this  
Niki

People who keep wining the game

6 minutes ago, Gregory said:

cSmfXXY.png

Come on fix the game!

Last time I checked 10,800 was > 6000.

Janitor is 50 repairs so you have 5400+ repairs.  For the record btw since you'll come across it, the text is bad and it's really 6250 repairs so you need 125 janitors

11 minutes ago, Gregory said:

cSmfXXY.png

Come on fix the game!

Janitor is 50 repairs. 50*108 = 5400.

beaten

Edited by thorgot

2 hours ago, Niki said:

Nice meme.

Have you tried it? Mikael got it on Falgorn, which by the way, was a pretty terrible account. Its not impossible, and much much easier than creating a fantastic item, or making 5000 liters of wine. So it is very much possible.

1 hour ago, Corsan said:

Which reiterates what I said about not being able to 'win' because I won't go to a PvP server. I purely play PvE and won't step on a PvP server. So basically I can never fulfill approximately 4 of my personal game goals. How does that make any sense?

"Oh, but you can if you just venture onto PvP"

That's kinda the point, I shouldn't need to, having started on PvE servers originally, with no intention of ever venturing there.

There is a difference between "Not being able to do it" and "not being willing to do it". Personal goals are intended to make people try different things. They should not be created to accomodate your preferences. Just because you don't want to do something or don't like it, it doesn't mean its broken. 

51 minutes ago, Niki said:

He has a answer for everything, kind of pointless trying to debate with him.

coming from the person who knows everything about pvp without ever setting a foot there. That's rich.

• Like 1

Dammit thought Janitor was 100, there might be hope left lol

The problem lies with the goals that cannot be achieved, or that can be achieved with a really high amount of money. If you're an Epic player and you have a goal "Climb a mountain" all you have to do is enter the portal to Xanadu or whatever, get a guide, im sure somebody will help you out it's freedom people are nice, and you will get your Goal done in one day. ONE DAY. Compare that to the "Diabolist" goal that i have which everyone says it's literally impossible to get. Compare that to Archemage which requires insane amounts of money. Compare that to creating a fantastic item which is 100% pure RNG and chances are it's not going to EVER happen. Goals should not be Random. Everyone should have the same goals in my opinion. It has to be extremely hard, like it has to make you SUFFER to complete them all. But it has to be achievable . Right now, it isn't.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gregory said:

cSmfXXY.png

Come on fix the game!

According to wurmpedia janitor is "Repair 50 fences, floors or walls. "..

So you have a bit still to go :)

Edited by rixk
Damn I am slow :D

Why is diabolist impossible? Its 4 total and more black then red or other. Wouldnt you be able to get 3 black and 1 red/other or 2 black and 1 red and 1 other and get the title? Am i missing something?

15 hours ago, MrGARY said:

archmage is literally grabbing any tomes until you reach the required amount, 9.  The other tome goals are mage, magician, shadowmage, diabolist, and magus. mage is 3 other, magician is 6 other/red/neutral, shadowmage is 6 black, diabolist is 4 black (coding makes it impossible to get), and magus is 4 red.  some of these require exact amount and some don't.  have fun

for those with planeswalker, its any 10 tomes+ascended

5 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

Why is diabolist impossible? Its 4 total and more black then red or other. Wouldnt you be able to get 3 black and 1 red/other or 2 black and 1 red and 1 other and get the title? Am i missing something?

You get Death knight instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wulfgarr said:

So why not 2 black and 1 red and 1 other. - Total 4, and more black than red or other. As (red and other are counted differently).

That gives you witch doctor. The way it's coded makes diabloist impossible.

2 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

That gives you witch doctor. The way it's coded makes diabloist impossible.

Okei, it told there you need 3 black ones for it. Should test it out :D Where is the WU server owners :D

Edited by Wulfgarr

So because a few of you have actually given knowledge on certain goals, i wanted to ask, for clarity, the "defeat another player using x" can that be done in a spar/duel or does it need to be on pvp (and if so do they need to be different kingdom, above 20 stats to pop on tab etc) cos the explanations of the goals, as we have all seen are iffy at best..

I had Lord of War (smith shortsword, shield, small maul etc) without a stated amount or material type, 100 didn't do it, in fact i had to make around 600 of each before it popped and thats not including the amount i made out of the wrong materials/sizes before i was given a tip off a friend

4 minutes ago, punishlife said:

So because a few of you have actually given knowledge on certain goals, i wanted to ask, for clarity, the "defeat another player using x" can that be done in a spar/duel or does it need to be on pvp (and if so do they need to be different kingdom, above 20 stats to pop on tab etc) cos the explanations of the goals, as we have all seen are iffy at best..

It needs to be pvp and needs to show on deaths tab, so 20.26 fighting

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

There is a difference between "Not being able to do it" and "not being willing to do it". Personal goals are intended to make people try different things. They should not be created to accomodate your preferences. Just because you don't want to do something or don't like it, it doesn't mean its broken. 

OK Mr Smarty-pants. If you want to be all literal...let me put this another way.

I joined the game back when Pristine was it's own solo server, that wasn't connected to any other server, much less PvP-Chaos. I was given goals there which were impossible to complete as I literally could not access PvP at the time (Unless you want to count being able to go through a portal to epic, which it stated quite clearly via in-game stuff that nothing you do on PvE transfers..this would seemingly have included personal goals.). Just because we can now access the PvP server, doesn't mean it made sense then. Going to a server that is PvE only should have given personal goals that were actually do-able on PvE. So I essentially started out with broken goals.

Why are you talking down to me as though you think my game-time is less valuable than yours because you PvP?

For reference :

"[05:25:44] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 4 of the Snake's starfall, 1036. That's 1565 days, 21 hours and 14 minutes ago."

"[05:25:44] You have played 261 days, 13 hours and 28 minutes."

"[05:25:44] You have been premium a total of 29 months since Dec 2013."

It is rather broken that there are aspects of this game that I literally cannot complete because they chose to poorly design something. Just because you disagree that it's broken, doesn't mean it ain't broke. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is the mentality you folks are approaching this with...and it's certainly very broken. There's whole goals that just can't even be completed. (As evidenced by multiple comments in this thread.) Saying 'Well, you just don't wants to do eet' because I won't go participate in your killing spree of PvP and lose all my hard work doesn't mean I should be forced to do something that has no purpose to me. They should have code split PvP off PvE long ago, but they won't because there are still die hards over there hoping to snag more PvE players into their rodeo, just like you. We don't want to play with you over there, and attempting to force us with coding isn't going to achieve it either...even if you get all uppity about it.

The people in this thread are asking for the ability to actually complete their personal goals...some of them want to acquire something. (I personally could care less, because no game items/title/etc is ever worth a crud to me/value-wise. I wrote those personal goals off a long time ago and didn't even look at them and just did what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. Is that really what you want new folks to the game to do? Just look at the goals they get and be like 'Whatever...')

Edited by Firestarter
Moderation Edit.
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Corsan said:

OK Mr Smarty-pants. If you want to be all literal...let me put this another way.

I joined the game back when Pristine was it's own solo server, that wasn't connected to any other server, much less PvP-Chaos. I was given goals there which were impossible to complete as I literally could not access PvP at the time (Unless you want to count being able to go through a portal to epic, which it stated quite clearly via in-game stuff that nothing you do on PvE transfers..this would seemingly have included personal goals.). Just because we can now access the PvP server, doesn't mean it made sense then. Going to a server that is PvE only should have given personal goals that were actually do-able on PvE. So I essentially started out with broken goals.

Why are you talking down to me as though you think my game-time is less valuable than yours because you PvP?

For reference :

"[05:25:44] You entered through the portal to Wurm on Luck day, week 4 of the Snake's starfall, 1036. That's 1565 days, 21 hours and 14 minutes ago."

"[05:25:44] You have played 261 days, 13 hours and 28 minutes."

"[05:25:44] You have been premium a total of 29 months since Dec 2013."

It is rather broken that there are aspects of this game that I literally cannot complete because they chose to poorly design something. Just because you disagree that it's broken, doesn't mean it ain't broke. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is the mentality you folks are approaching this with...and it's certainly very broken. There's whole goals that just can't even be completed. (As evidenced by multiple comments in this thread.) Saying 'Well, you just don't wants to do eet' because I won't go participate in your killing spree of PvP and lose all my hard work doesn't mean I should be forced to do something that has no purpose to me. They should have code split PvP off PvE long ago, but they won't because there are still die hards over there hoping to snag more PvE players into their rodeo, just like you. We don't want to play with you over there, and attempting to force us with coding isn't going to achieve it either...even if you get all uppity about it.

The people in this thread are asking for the ability to actually complete their personal goals...some of them want to acquire something. (I personally could care less, because no game items/title/etc is ever worth a crud to me/value-wise. I wrote those personal goals off a long time ago and didn't even look at them and just did what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do it. Is that really what you want new folks to the game to do? Just look at the goals they get and be like 'Whatever...')

I dont know where you got the idea that I am talking down to you. All I said is that you can complete personal goals that are pvp related rather easily (you can) but you choose not to (you do). It has nothing to do with my opinion of the current system.

There are goals that cannot be completed, yes, but the pvp related ones that were being referenced are doable and much easier than others. Not wanting to go to a pvp server to finish your goal in my opinion is a preference. That is all I am refering to.

Oh and I dont know why the edgyness. I believe everyone here is allowed to post their opinions. There is no need to make it personal. If the fact that I pvp is offensive to you, I am sorry but I wont stop pvping because you are offended. In other words stop assuming things about me that exist only inside your mind, and stick to the facts. We are all grown ups here.

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Not wanting to go to a pvp server to finish your goal in my opinion is a preference.

It is a preference, but a really fundamental preference in playstyle.  I really don't see the value in forcing anyone to the pvp server, which is what giving pvp related goals to a pve player amounts to, doesn't it?

Only argument I can sort of imagine is if you told me goals are meant to be only for fully rounded players.  ie.  players have to accomplish every single thing in the game, no matter what.  Presumably, everyone would eventually have equal opportunity to be annoyed at some point.  If not, they should tell us what they hate doing so we can add it and make them do it. :P

Otherwise, there's really no reason a pve player shouldn't be able to "win" through pve means only, since that is their preferred playstyle. 

It's not a question of difficulty, I'm sure the devs can make pve very difficult, it's a question of it still being playable, which pvp is not for pve players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reylaark said:

It is a preference, but a really fundamental preference in playstyle.  I really don't see the value in forcing anyone to the pvp server, which is what giving pvp related goals to a pve player amounts to, doesn't it?

Only argument I can sort of imagine is if you told me goals are meant to be only for fully rounded players.  ie.  players have to accomplish every single thing in the game, no matter what.  Presumably, everyone would eventually have equal opportunity to be annoyed at some point.  If not, they should tell us what they hate doing so we can add it and make them do it. :P

Otherwise, there's really no reason a pve player shouldn't be able to "win" through pve means only, since that is their preferred playstyle. 

It's not a question of difficulty, I'm sure the devs can make pve very difficult, it's a question of it still being playable, which pvp is not for pve players.

On some level I do agree with you. But then again if we separate pvp from pve, then almost none of the goals are pvp goals, which then would mean every single player goals in existance are not doable by PVP players. 

I am not saying you need to participate in PVP activities, like becoming part of a pmk and doing all things that have to do with pvp. Neither of the two goals mentioned require this. You can go on your own personal time, and complete both of them without having to deal with the intricacies of Chaos. Even the one that requires you to kill another player you could do it by just jumping on the epic portal and completing it there, without much travel involved. If you are ingenious enough, you can simply talk to one of the Epic chaps who would likely help you out to get settled. Many pvers have no qualms going to Chaos to priest up at the white/black light, or had any issues with pulling out an affinity from their alt. This is no different. 

I think the misunderstanding lies that people see that you have to kill another player, and people quickly assume you need to go join some pmk and participate in some raid or something. You don't. You cross the border, get invited into HotS, kill another player (your friend's alt) or get the crown, and you are done. And yes, both of these two goals are just that easy.

• Like 1

Not wanting to do something is NOT a problem. Not being able to do something no matter what IS a problem (Diabolist / fantastic item)

I think they should add "enchant an item with 100 life transfer" to all crafters, just to make things fair ^_^

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gregory said:

cSmfXXY.png

Come on fix the game!

How much spirit creatures to kill to get it done?

Weee me.. two diamond achievements. Yea, not happening. Admittedly, the ones done were super easy.

FpWIHxa.jpg?1

My alt, a priest character, never looked at them, but she actually has it pretty easy, if it weren't for that imping bit. Would love these on CD..

ykDVIVl.jpg?1

29 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

I think they should add "enchant an item with 100 life transfer" to all crafters, just to make things fair ^_^

Crafters don't enchant, priests do. Priests don't imp, crafters do.

:huh:

33 minutes ago, Tor said:

How much spirit creatures to kill to get it done?

Enemy deed guard, drakespirit, and eaglespirit