Sign in to follow this  
Niki

People who keep wining the game

I never knew there were rewards... and listening to wulfgarr talk about titles and stuff just makes it sound more complicated than i already thought it was. ;) ive not opened my personal goal window since it first came out. ;) all i knew was u got some karma for completing each one... and i thought they were suppose to change and get a new list when finished... so i thought you just kept redoing them for karma... had no idea we got tomes for it.  *shrugs*

7 hours ago, Emoo said:

I gotta say that whilst yea there is a fair point that yeah those who have "won the game" have put in the time and effort to do so. But lets not kid ourselves that they didn't just get lucky in the fact that their personal goals are achievable. Heck at one point I had my personal goals down to one left to go (Become a wizard) before it got reset inexplicably several years ago. Didn't think much of it until I've just gone back again to see that my characters personal goals have reset again for no reason (I literally have no idea when but considering that my playtime has been very minimal in the last 2years or so it could be anytime during that period). :rolleyes:

This goes without pointing out what has already been said about about goals that simply are not possible or entirely broken in the games code in recording properly. So really it would be nice if this was actually fixed, however I won't be holding my breath since as far as I can till this has been broken without much attention given to it since the whole system was released.  

I'd agree if it wasn't so unequal. People DO get lucky with their personal goals. If everyone had Demi-God, basically nobody would have won the game. Why do you think people keep repeatedly creating alts with easy achievements to spam wins, as if winning once wasn't enough? To be honest, that is MORE alt abuse than killing alts for affinities was, and I have no idea why it's not being looked into as such.

I know I keep bringing this up, but if I'd have had imp an item to 99QL and 10,000 items in a trash heap I'd have won the game months after the system came out.

Some of us are stuck with achievements that literally require two diamond achievements to achieve. For example, Planeswalker requires Arch Mage (diamond), and Ascension (diamond). Sure.... Arch Mage is doable on Freedom, but Ascending? No.... And if that wasn't enough, you have to do ANOTHER diamond achievement! So basically, some people need to get 3 diamond achievements, one explicitly requiring Epic, to win the game, where others just have to craft and throw some sht in a trash heap.

Perhaps if Demi-God + Planeswalker was removed from the personal goal system, it would be a bit more fair. I think there's just a lack of balance in the achievement categories where some of them should be Platinum or something higher than Diamond.....

(Also, make Fantastic Bones count for the Fantastic item....)

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, punishlife said:

i make bulk so it will happen sooner rather than later

bulks will not get you the fantastic achievement, if by bulk you mean cranking out bricks or mortar

Also with sorcery titles it is even harder as it is not easy to find what is needed for archmage etc... it is not simply grabbing any tomes until you reach the required amount.

• Like 3

Some good posts here so far, with some excellent points, It would be nice to have a developer chime in maybe? Thanks.

28 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

bulks will not get you the fantastic achievement, if by bulk you mean cranking out bricks or mortar

Nope bulk as in, make x in large amounts, plus the fact i have the tolerance to make hundreds of thousands of tools, armour, weapons, decorations etc for days/weeks/months on end

55 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Also with sorcery titles it is even harder as it is not easy to find what is needed for archmage etc... it is not simply grabbing any tomes until you reach the required amount.

archmage is literally grabbing any tomes until you reach the required amount, 9.  The other tome goals are mage, magician, shadowmage, diabolist, and magus. mage is 3 other, magician is 6 other/red/neutral, shadowmage is 6 black, diabolist is 4 black (coding makes it impossible to get), and magus is 4 red.  some of these require exact amount and some don't.  have fun

for those with planeswalker, its any 10 tomes+ascended

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rixk said:

Buy 9 tomes, so you can win 1 :) 

Well I got my tax refund. Who has tomes? I got dis.

I dont understand why freedomer can get an epic pesronal goal, for example - Planeswalker, ehh...

K7MfrQz.png

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Votip said:

I dont understand why freedomer can get an epic pesronal goal, for example - Planeswalker, ehh...

It's the same as an epic player having freedom only goals.  NONE of the mountain goals are achievable on epic, not even the highest point being a massive pillar spawned by bugged code in scenario endings thousands of slope high.  Climbed it with sandwiches and goatshape for nothing >.>

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

It's the same as an epic player having freedom only goals.  NONE of the mountain goals are achievable on epic, not even the highest point being a massive pillar spawned by bugged code in scenario endings thousands of slope high.  Climbed it with sandwiches and goatshape for nothing >.>

Seriously? I think that some goals should be repaired/rerolled.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Votip said:

Seriously? I think that some goals should be repaired/rerolled.

Go do a search in the forums about personal goals. You'll see this being suggested many times before. Its been requested to be fixed for years. Staff doesn't agree with you/don't care enough. So they will continue to be broken until they revise it, and probably make the rewards not be worth it anymore: thus screwing those who went to the trouble of doing all of them but ended up with them being bugged.

It is what it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrGARY said:

hardly the same, easy enough to pop onto freedom climb a peak with some sandwich's and time, but if you don't play on epic full time becoming some god is not going to happen

• Like 1

I can never 'win' because I refuse to PvP, and at least 2, if not 3-4 of mine require going to a PvP server. I exclusively play PvE.

I'm pretty sure it also used to say 'Build a caravel' in my list at one point and I achieved that one...but it's gone now. Odd. So some are moving around...but not the stupidly ridiculous ones.

P2xFVKp.jpg

2 minutes ago, Corsan said:

I can never 'win' because I refuse to PvP, and at least 2, if not 3-4 of mine require going to a PvP server. I exclusively play PvE.

Well, you can never win because Diablolist is impossible to get, the pvp goals are irrelevant.

1 minute ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Well, you can never win because Diablolist is impossible to get, the pvp goals are irrelevant.

I never looked into that one, but if you say so, that one too.

1 hour ago, Corsan said:

I never looked into that one, but if you say so, that one too.

You could have a friend help you with the pvp ones. Just sail over to the landing, and take care of it. Or even the east border. Shouldn't take you more than a minute or two once you sail on to Chaos. But yeah you are stuck with the Diabolist one. So that's a no go.

38 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

You could have a friend help you with the pvp ones. Just sail over to the landing, and take care of it. Or even the east border. Shouldn't take you more than a minute or two once you sail on to Chaos. But yeah you are stuck with the Diabolist one. So that's a no go.

Who is going to let a random player become a ruler though, I'm sorry but not everyone is buddy-buddy with chaos people either.

2 minutes ago, Niki said:

Who is going to let a random player become a ruler though, I'm sorry but not everyone is buddy-buddy with chaos people either.

Get the hots crown

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Niki said:

That's not what I was talking about. Being a ruler has nothing to do with PVPing other than being on a PVP server. Technically you can just go to the serpent on Chaos and get the HotS crown and bam! You got your personal goal complete. Then toss the crown next to the serpent and never go back to Chaos again. No pvp involved.

4 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

Get the hots crown

Nice meme.

1 hour ago, Angelklaine said:

That's not what I was talking about. Being a ruler has nothing to do with PVPing other than being on a PVP server. Technically you can just go to the serpent on Chaos and get the HotS crown and bam! You got your personal goal complete. Then toss the crown next to the serpent and never go back to Chaos again. No pvp involved.

Which reiterates what I said about not being able to 'win' because I won't go to a PvP server. I purely play PvE and won't step on a PvP server. So basically I can never fulfill approximately 4 of my personal game goals. How does that make any sense?

"Oh, but you can if you just venture onto PvP"

That's kinda the point, I shouldn't need to, having started on PvE servers originally, with no intention of ever venturing there.

17 minutes ago, Corsan said:

Which reiterates what I said about not being able to 'win' because I won't go to a PvP server. I purely play PvE and won't step on a PvP server. So basically I can never fulfill approximately 4 of my personal game goals. How does that make any sense?

"Oh, but you can if you just venture onto PvP"

That's kinda the point, I shouldn't need to, having started on PvE servers originally, with no intention of ever venturing there.

He has a answer for everything, kind of pointless trying to debate with him.

Lets face it though, the current system is basically a half baked potato without any toppings. The system does not favor PVE, even though that's the majority of paying customers. The PvP side of things of Wurm is dead, the real pvpers have moved on from the game, a change in design is needed now. Why keep a broken system which favors whales, no one is giving tomes out for free - please don't say otherwise, you're grasping at straws. You might as well paint a sign saying, burn money here and Win!

• Like 1

cSmfXXY.png

Come on fix the game!

Last time I checked 10,800 was > 6000.