Sign in to follow this  
Niki

People who keep wining the game

Lol, I have played this game on and off since like forever and I havent still understood the goals system.

You can win over others by completing your "personal" goals quicker?

And you can be rewarded with Tomes??

There's an actual reward for finishing the goals? Devs, is it really that hard to let us choose our goals? I refuse to pray to RNGesus to hopefully make something fantastic.

Edited by Budzilla
  • Like 1

My main account only has these left to complete:

- Pilot all known ship types (only one left is caravel)

- Build a Caravel

- Improve an item beyond quality level 99 

- Repair 6000 fences, floors or walls

So... pretty easy to do if i wasn't lazy and did some proper grinding on a carp skill for example to do the hardest mission i have, the improving.......

but i am lazy and choose not to do it yet.

I need become a Demigod and diabolist  plus travel 4000 tiles by cart in one go .

That's just part I can remember  . the RNG for personal goals is out to lunch ..

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chakron said:

The first player to “win the game”, Thorgot, finished his “bin items” goal by constructing half a dozen trash bins on his front lawn. This looked awful and ruined the property value on my nearby home. Therefore, abolish personal goals please.

They are still all there, too. We really need a trash heap heap to put trash heaps in.

For me, all I had to do was report the bugs with my personal goals, including how to fix them, and then wait 3-6 months for them to be fixed. I also had to be fairly lucky and not have any personal goals that would have made it a waste of time, like sorcery item ones or the fantastic item one.

TlDTNFn.png

I'm sure some of the alts finishing their personal goals were created for that purpose (the cheese ones), but most of them were already existing and their owners saw they had a reasonable list.

It's really "Fair" that some characters have "Create a rare item" and some others "Create a fantastic item" ... Really fair, i like it, awesome.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

It's really "Fair" that some characters have "Create a rare item" and some others "Create a fantastic item" ... Really fair, i like it, awesome.

At least it's silver vs diamond, so the potential is there for it to work. I wish butchering Fantastic bones would count for that achievement.....

You could have Planeswalker, where prior to Epic having skill transfers from Freedom it was basically impossible to get Planeswalker if you were a Freedomer who didn't play on Epic.....

Not to mention, Planeswalker is two diamond achievements in one (Arch Mage + Ascend).... WHY is it yet another Diamond achievement (previously Epic exclusive), let alone a personal goal when let's say, imp something to 99QL would actually make sense for a Freedomer?

Devs, can we please change some of these horrendous goals before you destroy the chance to get a nice Winning the Game reward?

20 hours ago, Chakron said:

The first player to “win the game”, Thorgot, finished his “bin items” goal by constructing half a dozen trash bins on his front lawn. This looked awful and ruined the property value on my nearby home. Therefore, abolish personal goals please.

I have dozens of trash bins around the servers for the same reason... sorry :P

5 hours ago, thorgot said:

They are still all there, too. We really need a trash heap heap to put trash heaps in.

For me, all I had to do was report the bugs with my personal goals, including how to fix them, and then wait 3-6 months for them to be fixed. I also had to be fairly lucky and not have any personal goals that would have made it a waste of time, like sorcery item ones or the fantastic item one.

TlDTNFn.png

I'm sure some of the alts finishing their personal goals were created for that purpose (the cheese ones), but most of them were already existing and their owners saw they had a reasonable list.

Can I borrow your list for a few weeks, pleeeease? :)

• Like 2

It might just be me, but I totally ignore game-set 'personal goals' and just do my own thing, when I want to or by what's needed for my deed.

I'd like to think there's alot of other players out there, both new and old, who feel the same way.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tristanc said:

It might just be me, but I totally ignore game-set 'personal goals' and just do my own thing, when I want to or by what's needed for my deed.

I'd like to think there's alot of other players out there, both new and old, who feel the same way.

As do I, but from what I've heard there are some pretty decent rewards for doing so and those can be hard to ignore...

My personal goal is to see the insanity path creature huge brown dragon named Wurm.

It has nothing to do with the personal goals system.

• Like 1

I gotta say that whilst yea there is a fair point that yeah those who have "won the game" have put in the time and effort to do so. But lets not kid ourselves that they didn't just get lucky in the fact that their personal goals are achievable. Heck at one point I had my personal goals down to one left to go (Become a wizard) before it got reset inexplicably several years ago. Didn't think much of it until I've just gone back again to see that my characters personal goals have reset again for no reason (I literally have no idea when but considering that my playtime has been very minimal in the last 2years or so it could be anytime during that period). :rolleyes:

This goes without pointing out what has already been said about about goals that simply are not possible or entirely broken in the games code in recording properly. So really it would be nice if this was actually fixed, however I won't be holding my breath since as far as I can till this has been broken without much attention given to it since the whole system was released.  

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 5

Illuminati

My last two are become demigod and build a caravel. I have zero intention to play epic.  I have built a caravel, just didn't get credit for the goal, fail.

Its a stupidly simple system that can't even properly track numbers.  Just get rid of it already.

Edited by Nomadikhan
  • Like 2

So... for the ignorant, whats the reward? (Besides pride/self worth)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cccdfern said:

So... for the ignorant, whats the reward? (Besides pride/self worth)

Random 3 charge sorcery item, or one of the items like huge egg wand of the seas etc.

• Like 1

I totally love the whole "use tomes for sorcery goals... to get a tome" logic... like i'll never finish mine purely because nobody can seem to tell the right combo for mage and when i tried the one in the guide everyone shares, i went thaumatage on epic. So now i'll have to spend a fortune buying tomes on freedom (as epic option is now locked out)

so close, yet so far

v8i7EOY.png

Edited by punishlife

23 minutes ago, punishlife said:

I totally love the whole "use tomes for sorcery goals... to get a tome" logic... like i'll never finish mine purely because nobody can seem to tell the right combo for mage and when i tried the one in the guide everyone shares, i went thaumatage on epic. So now i'll have to spend a fortune buying tomes on freedom (as epic option is now locked out)

so close, yet so far

v8i7EOY.png

For mage you need 3 or more abilites and more red then black or other.

So get 2 from these: White cherry, red cherry, blood of angels, red tome of magic, tome of incineration and you are set.

And any other.

Although gl with the fantastic thing :D

And FYI if you are Thaumaturg you can still do it. Cause that is 2 Red abilties total, more Red than Black or Other aka pretty sure you have 2 of those and now if you get 1 black or other (any which is not in the list above) you should become mage.

Edited by Wulfgarr

3 minutes ago, Wulfgarr said:

For mage you need 3 or more abilites and more red then black or other.

So get 2 from these: White cherry, red cherry, blood of angels, red tome of magic, tome of incineration and you are set.

And any other.

Although gl with the fantastic thing :D

Going off what i was told, i did red tome, cherry, walnut (in that order) and the fantastic thing isn't an issue, i make bulk so it will happen sooner rather than later

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, punishlife said:

Going off what i was told, i did red tome, cherry, walnut (in that order) and the fantastic thing isn't an issue, i make bulk so it will happen sooner rather than later

My bad its more 3 or more Other abilities total, more Other than Black or Red. It seems you can make it still if you have only have those 3 atm. Need to get 2 more from this list:

uttacha slime

white tome of magic

scroll of binding

blue tome of magic

green tome of magic

green cherry

That means you will have 5 tomes and 3 other and 2 red which is by definitons 3 or more abilities and more other then black or red and 1 short from magician.

Edited by Wulfgarr

1 minute ago, Wulfgarr said:

My bad its more 3 or more Other abilities total, more Other than Black or Red. It seems you can make it still if you have only have those 3 atm. Need to get 2 more from this list:

uttacha slime

white tome of magic

scroll of binding

blue tome of magic

green tome of magic

green cherry

That means you will have 5 tomes and 3 other and 2 red which is by definitons 3 or more abilities and more other then black or red and 1 short from magician.

Thing is, i'm meant to be Mage not Magician, they're apprently different... classes?

2 minutes ago, punishlife said:

Thing is, i'm meant to be Mage not Magician, they're apprently different... classes?

Yes and mage is 3 or more Other abilities total, more Other than Black or Red  and after that there is magician which needs 6 or more. So you can get mage if you can balance 3 or more other abilities, more other then red or black and stay under 6 tomes (Which in that case gives you magician). So atm you have 3 total - 1 other and 2 red. Meaning you need 2 more other so you will have 3 other and 2 red which means you will be mage.

They are different titles. One needs 3 abilites, other needs 6

Edited by Wulfgarr