Sign in to follow this  
Niki

People who keep wining the game

You know who you are, I want to know why you're always able to complete your goals without any issues, and why everyone else has to suffer with impossible to reach goals. Yeah can we get some transparency from the devs why personal goals are not fixed yet?

ad4173190bb42cfbd602cb53af11add5.png

Edited by Niki

4 minutes ago, platinumteef said:

make 50 alts, hope you get some fully doable ones, rinse and repeat

Should be able to do it on my main tbh

3 minutes ago, Niki said:

Should be able to do it on my main tbh

then the reward probably needs adjusted, other than the rng related and the sorcery related there aren't too many that are difficult (i've done pretty much all of them except those, and i'm nearly done with character #2) but I haven't done my mains because of the fantastic item

the RNG based and title based serve as a barrier from every character in the game getting a 3 charge tome, if it wasn't for those two types I would have 30 arch mages running around with all of the sorcery items i'd be receiving

I would like to know why you assume 'always able to complete with no issues' kinda just looks like an attempt to be edgy putting on a tin foil hat and sowing some fud idk you could have just asked what the goals were *shrug*

• Like 6

There's good reason to have fud.... we've been playing for years, we've accomplished 95% of our goals, and in my personal case, a bug prevents me from completing mine that probably won't be fixed until, you know, the "winning" reward turns to peanuts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SmeJack said:

I would like to know why you assume 'always able to complete with no issues' kinda just looks like an attempt to be edgy putting on a tin foil hat and sowing some fud idk you could have just asked what the goals were *shrug*

Who said anything about FUD? I am just asking how it's done actually. Personally, I don't think it's alright that its abused by alts, and how it makes it impossible for some players on their mains. What can I do but make a simple discussion about how horrid the system is.

I really don't like how everyone looks the other way either, the system needs some balance.

Ive been playing for years too, Smejack hasnt won, Queens hasnt won, Sme hasnt won - all 'mains' with 'issues' plus many alts ;)

"Fun" goals I have

1.  Defeat another player using a knife : Sorry, not interested in wurm's PvP
2.  Become and Arch Mage : Sorry, I don't have a few hundred euros
3.  Create a fantastic item : Nope
4.  Build a Caravel : I'm a priest, I can't build

I suspect I rolled a 1 when it came to goals.

• Like 3

It is better to have impossible goals than to have achievable goals, do the work, and be told by the staff there's nothing they'll do about it after you've done all the work.  I put forth the effort to make 5,000 liters of wine.... didn't get credit for a single drop of it (I also have 100 liters and it is not fulfilled either).

• Like 5

Just now, Wargasm said:

It is better to have impossible goals than to have achievable goals, do the work, and be told by the staff there's nothing they'll do about it after you've done all the work.  I put forth the effort to make 5,000 liters of wine.... didn't get credit for a single drop of it (I also have 100 liters and it is not fulfilled either).

Agree, it's unacceptable.

It has to be acceptable... because I'm still here.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

I dunno actually, I think the latter is something that is easily fixed (the staff being nice about it, beause it is a bug), the former is bad game design which is harder to fix.

Oh so that's how you get them rewards , its you're goal set by the game .

Never knew that , dam .

I would be happy to have weapon smithing guide back on wiki ..that actualy works .

Scenarios need balancing, some "players" need balancing, everything needs balancing. Seems to just be a slow decline in quality of the game over the past few years, which I think can be attributed to the lack of a proper vision of the way forward. (Rolf)

Probably just fix some of the missions, add new ones, take some out. Have a more transparent lottery system with leaderboards involved that actually track your progress and compare it to the progress of others to see who has the most points in that lottery system to get the item.

More than just "scenario points"

Edited by FranktheTank

4 hours ago, Niki said:

I want to know why you're always able to complete your goals without any issues

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

y8Q21Fb.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

Scenarios need balancing, some "players" need balancing, everything needs balancing. Seems to just be a slow decline in quality of the game over the past few years, which I think can be attributed to the lack of a proper vision of the way forward. (Rolf)

Probably just fix some of the missions, add new ones, take some out. Have a more transparent lottery system with leaderboards involved that actually track your progress and compare it to the progress of others to see who has the most points in that lottery system to get the item.

More than just "scenario points"

It shouldn't be a epic only system either.

24 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

y8Q21Fb.png

Can we trade? You can have Planeswalker and I can have Arch Mage please. :D 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SmeJack said:

There's a couple bugged goals and it would be great if those were fixed. With that said we all know about this and it's ridiculous to accuse staff of playing favorites whatsoever. Some people are not in it to have fun and balance the game, they're only in it because someone else has something they do not. These are also the people that will write snarky forum threads and assume the world is against them because they lack the proper skills to just message a person and ask them stuff.

Congrats on your win - the system is plenty transparent by announcing winners - AND their prizes.

• Like 6

Just because someone is staff it doesnt mean they are in some kind of ridiculous plot to get better quality pixels than the pixels you get. If you stopped for a moment and thought about it you would realize that:

- Both Gary and Sme have been playing Epic since forever.

- They both have been constantly doing missions, for years.

- Their activity on Epic has allowed them both to get the Key and ascend to demigods.

- Since doing missions grants you tomes, they have amassed a pretty dumb quantity of them in comparison to the rest of Wurm.

- They have been dedicated in their pursuit of their personal goals and achieved what they wanted.

I know of at least 3 other people from that list who spent a very long time doing their goals. And they have completed the goals on their mains. Thats not including Sme and Gary. These people are not staff, or associated with CCAB in any way, shape or form. 

Are goals easy to get? Not always. Are some bugged and should be fixed? Definetely. Should the system be addressed and balanced? You got it. But being Staff has nothing to do with the fact they "Win" the game. You could go to Epic and help win scenarios and get tomes and maybe in a few years time you can finish that Archemage achievement you desperately crave. You choose not to, and thats fine, but it doesnt mean that the fact someome else did it must have been the fact they are staff. Thats pretty naive.

Put your tin foil hat back on before Staff can read your mind and ban you before you post something damaging. Its the only way to stay safe.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Xallo said:

Can we trade? You can have Planeswalker and I can have Arch Mage please. :D 

The sad thing is I've been ruler of kingdom, archmage, demigod, and planeswalker on gary and can't even win the game on it until I make a fantastic item :angry:

inb4pleaselock

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Just because someone is staff it doesnt mean they are in some kind of ridiculous plot to get better quality pixels than the pixels you get. If you stopped for a moment and thought about it you would realize that:

- Both Gary and Sme have been playing Epic since forever.

- They both have been constantly doing missions, for years.

- Their activity on Epic has allowed them both to get the Key and ascend to demigods.

- Since doing missions grants you tomes, they have amassed a pretty dumb quantity of them in comparison to the rest of Wurm.

- They have been dedicated in their pursuit of their personal goals and achieved what they wanted.

I know of at least 3 other people from that list who spent a very long time doing their goals. And they have completed the goals on their mains. Thats not including Sme and Gary. These people are not staff, or associated with CCAB in any way, shape or form. 

Are goals easy to get? Not always. Are some bugged and should be fixed? Definetely. Should the system be addressed and balanced? You got it. But being Staff has nothing to do with the fact they "Win" the game. You could go to Epic and help win scenarios and get tomes and maybe in a few years time you can finish that Archemage achievement you desperately crave. You choose not to, and thats fine, but it doesnt mean that the fact someome else did it must have been the fact they are staff. Thats pretty naive.

Put your tin foil hat back on before Staff can read your mind and ban you before you post something damaging. Its the only way to stay safe.

Unfortunately, I mention staff and get accused about some random plot? I've changed the forum title, I would wish to keep this thread constructive. I can see how it was misinterpreted, that was not my intention. I was not singling them out, just asking a question.

6 hours ago, Niki said:

You know who you are,

11 minutes ago, Niki said:

I was not singling them out, just asking a question.

totes

• Like 1

The first player to “win the game”, Thorgot, finished his “bin items” goal by constructing half a dozen trash bins on his front lawn. This looked awful and ruined the property value on my nearby home. Therefore, abolish personal goals please.

• Like 16