Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

List of Wurm public documentation

Hello,

Over the past year, I have learned about a lot of different public documents which exist to support various parts of Wurm Online.  I wanted to share them here in case a reader didn't know about one of these docs, and in hopes that others will share documents I don't know about.

Official Online Documentation

Cooking Guide

An explanation of the changes to cooking in update 1.3. Includes an often-referenced section on crops and crop difficulty ratings for farming skill.

Highway Guide

Introduced in the summer of 2017, catseyes provide a new way to protect highways and create server-wide highway networks. This document explains the mechanics of highways.

Wagoner Guide

Added after highways, the Wagoner is an intra-server automated bulk goods delivery system.  This document explains the mechanics of Wagoners.

Rift Gear Guide

A Wurm Service Announcement by Retrograde that explains the different loot drops at Rifts, and how they work.

Player-created Documentation

Wurm Online Recipes

NEXA Recipe Book

Two excel spreadsheets with many/most of the game's recipes in them.  While many recipes overlap these two spreadsheets, many do not.

Wurm Decorational Items Part 1

Wurm Decorational Items Part 2

Graphic-intensive online Word documents with a listing (and picture) of each item that can be used decoratively.

Wurm Decorational Items is now on a fansite: http://www.andrea.net/wurm/items/

Rift Runes

Excel spreadsheet of each of the crafted and non-crafted runes in Wurm Online.  

Wurm Online Creature Stats

CR of Each Creature Type

Documentation for fighting wild life in Wurm Online 

Dairuka's Channeling Guide

Dairuka's Mining Guide

Mickaell's Learning How to PvP

Sorcery Titles Chart

An Excel spreadsheet detailing the requirements for each of the Sorcery titles

Difficulty Chart

A multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheet laying out the "difficulty rating" for: Crops, Metals, Wood, Digging, Animal Taming, Animal Hunting, and Animal Husbandry

"Wurm Data"

A multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheet with lots and lots of different datamining information from the Wurm Unlimited codebase.  Some of this is out of date, and much of it is covered in other documents that are listed in this post. 

Properties of Metal (updated with March 2018 new metal information)

An Excel spreadsheet that graphically lays out the properties of each Wurm Online metal, from iron to moon metal.

Priest Chart

A work-in-progress Excel spreadsheet listing each deity and what's allowed, not allowed, and certain bonuses they get. 

Warlander's Toolbox

A website by Wurm developer Warlander, this site includes calculators for deed costs, favor, and armor defense.

Thanks,
Finndar

Edited by Finndar
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

If this can be considered documentation, few calculators I wrote few months ago (all should be still accurate): https://warlander.github.io/Wurm-Toolbox/

@WarlanderIs the Armor calculator still considered correct for Epic. I've heard mixed info about this and would love the clarification.

On 10.03.2018 at 10:41 PM, Nappy said:

@WarlanderIs the Armor calculator still considered correct for Epic. I've heard mixed info about this and would love the clarification.

Ooops, sorry - didn't seen the response until now! :)

From what I see - there are some differences indeed, this calculator is still accurate for Freedom but no longer for Epic. I will update the calculator with newer values and few additional options after getting the DP update done.

• Like 1

Original post edited to add:

"Wurm Data"

A multi-tabbed Excel spreadsheet with lots and lots of different datamining information from the Wurm Unlimited codebase.  Some of this is out of date, and much of it is covered in other documents that are listed in this post. 

@WarlanderI was looking through your toolbox and was wondering if you have anything for weapon damage calculations and comparison, especially with the changes to the metal properties.

Thanks ahead of time.

2 hours ago, Orsus said:

@WarlanderI was looking through your toolbox and was wondering if you have anything for weapon damage calculations and comparison, especially with the changes to the metal properties.

Thanks ahead of time.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Table_of_weapons

No other sources so far. Please keep in mind that this table is 1 year old, so there might be some changes since that time.

I've added a new spreadsheet our friend Niki started:

Priest Chart

A work-in-progress Excel spreadsheet listing each deity and what's allowed, not allowed, and certain bonuses they get. 

As noted, this is a work in progress.  Please send any corrections/additions so we can improve the document!

Edited by Finndar
  • Like 1

Updated the official documentation section with:

Rift Gear Guide

A Wurm Service Announcement by Retrograde that explains the different loot drops at Rifts, and how they work.

• Like 1

Is is there a newer list then this?

Edited by Captain

I was wondering the same thing. How current is the documentation? The Cooking Guide for example is incredible, but the last updated it sites is September 2017 and the only date I could find on the document was created in 2016. I haven't seen a more complete and thorough guide, but like anything else, if parts are now obsolete, it can become be confusing.