Sign in to follow this  
Gladiator

Light of Fo OP

One of the things mentioned in the update today is : "Special wounds of same type and position will now stack, similar to normal wounds." And then they proceed to explain this to us. Frostbrand / Flaming aura / Venom or whatever will now stack. So you'll have a total of 2 wounds on the same part of your body? They also made it so that certain weapon types like lead "Deal extra poison wounds at 75%% of damage after 50% reduction" This means that you will deal 87.5 % of the damage you would deal with an iron weapon but split into a 50% and a 37.5%.  OK so you have 3 wounds, one normal , one poison and one frostbrand...compared to the 10 wounds you would put on a Champion player

What does this mean? Well ,what is LoF? "Light of Fo is an area of effect spell given to priests of Tosiek and Fo at 33 faith. It heals 5 random wounds for a total of 1/5th of the spell's power. A minimum of 6-7 damage per wound will be healed." 

It means that Light of Fo has been buffed because for the most part, wounds will now be fewer and bigger. It's the most overpowered spell in the game and it got buffed. What do you think?

I think wurm pvp has been broken for years, but yeah dumb changes all around (clap clap)

Cool, now LoF is gonna heal from dying to healthy 100% of the time. Yay.

Those wounds will only stack if in the same area, two hits in the thigh will stack properly, as opposed to creating two thigh wounds, 

If a calf wound happens they will still remain separate, it's been hit and miss if this happens in fights, as testing the multiple wounds was sometimes stacking and sometimes not, this isnt a major change, just fixing an outlying bug

As for the extra wounds, if you have more than 5 wounds, light of fo will be unable to heal them, meaning hits in multiple areas will mean there's more wounds than light of fo can keep up with, and will also limit the effectiveness of bandaging and normal healing, as they will require more casts

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Those wounds will only stack if in the same area

Yes, when fighting other players you will sometimes get out of it with 10 wounds on your head. Because players will target the head for more damage overall, If you turn those 10 wounds into 2 wounds, LoF will heal you more efficiently . It was buffed.

Normal wounds (bruises, cuts, holes) still have a chance to cause new wounds in the same position instead of stacking 100% of the time, as they always have. The bug fix is mainly aimed at other wounds that sometimes didn't stack as they should have, where the code wasn't checking for all wounds, but only one in that position.

It is still a 30% chance to create a new wound (bruise, cut, or hole wounds) instead of stacking on an existing wound as it has always been.

• Like 1

Does that mean that Frostbrand will work as it always did? or will it only make 1 wound?

Could we get an official response please? It seems for me that sometimes it stacks, sometimes it doesnt... FB stacked on my hand and legs but made 3 different cold wounds on the chest. Looks like it's still a big buff for LoF because they stacked a lot anyway.

51 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

Could we get an official response please? It seems for me that sometimes it stacks, sometimes it doesnt... FB stacked on my hand and legs but made 3 different cold wounds on the chest. Looks like it's still a big buff for LoF because they stacked a lot anyway.

Scroll up, you have 2 official responses up there :)

I don't know much about this stuff but what I would find interesting is if this means:

1. You give your enemy a light wound.
  2. You keep hacking away at the same place, instead of 5 light wounds, your enemy has a seriously threatening really really bad wound.

That would kind of make sense to me.  Also, and this may be negated by LoF, not sure how that works, but wouldn't a really really bad wound be harder to heal than 5 light wounds?

Specifics are over my head for lack of experience but game mechanics in general are still interesting.

Lastly, I promise, would this make a newer player a bit more viable?  They can't necessarily hit hard enough to do much damage, but if they keep hitting the same spot over and over, it's eventually going to leave a mark.  In a group situation, wouldn't that mean they can be more effective than a troublesome mosquito?

• Like 1

This is also a buff to LT and Path of Love, which seems like a good thing.

4 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

This is also a buff to LT and Path of Love, which seems like a good thing.

Both useless in PVP

16 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

Scroll up, you have 2 official responses up there :)

Yes but they are about normal wounds and I'm asking about the FB stacking. Is it also 30% to make a new wound?

Edited by Vomusu
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Both useless in PVP

Well, they -shouldn't- be useless. :P So, I welcome changes that move them toward usefulness.

41 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

not sure how that works, but wouldn't a really really bad wound be harder to heal than 5 light wounds?

The thing with light of fo is it heals multiple wounds with a 6-7 damage healed minimum. Also it heals a lot of people. Before the update, the wounds from attacks like FB didnt stack so you had a lot of smaller wounds, like 0.2 dmg each. If a priest then casted LoF it could heal a few of those 0.2 dmg wounds, so the healing potential would be wasted. There was a chance that it would heal 5x 0.2 so basically nothing. And even then it was considered an OP heal.

Now if the wounds stack, its almost certain that LoF will use all of it's potential healing on every wound, on every person in the healers vicinity. That means you have a really high probability of getting an entire team up from dying to healthy. Even for healing one person it's gonna be really OP. Especially champions since they have high damage reduction, now will just accumulate bigger wounds that are easier to heal with LoF.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vomusu said:

The thing with light of fo is it heals multiple wounds with a 6-7 damage healed minimum. Also it heals a lot of people. Before the update, the wounds from attacks like FB didnt stack so you had a lot of smaller wounds, like 0.2 dmg each. If a priest then casted LoF it could heal a few of those 0.2 dmg wounds, so the healing potential would be wasted. There was a chance that it would heal 5x 0.2 so basically nothing. And even then it was considered an OP heal.

Now if the wounds stack, its almost certain that LoF will use all of it's potential healing on every wound, on every person in the healers vicinity. That means you have a really high probability of getting an entire team up from dying to healthy. Even for healing one person it's gonna be really OP. Especially champions since they have high damage reduction, now will just accumulate bigger wounds that are easier to heal with LoF.

Any reason you can't target different parts of the body, to spread wounds around? Also, with poison, we can easily do triple wounds per hit.

So, we can either target one body part and have wounds stack, or continually switch body parts, and make our damage more resistant to being healed. Seems like a reasonable gameplay choice.

3 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Any reason you can't target different parts of the body, to spread wounds around? Also, with poison, we can easily do triple wounds per hit.

So, we can either target one body part and have wounds stack, or continually switch body parts, and make our damage more resistant to being healed. Seems like a reasonable gameplay choice.

You can't keep switching the body part you're attacking because of many reasons :

1. It wastes a lot of time, especially if you're affected by his web armour, u'll switch that in 6 seconds? thats extra swing and a half you could do instead

2. You only EVER hit the legs to catch somebody or to run away from somebody or the Head to deal the most damage. Nobody ever hits anything else unless somebody is not wearing armour there for some reason

3. Hitting anything other than the legs and the head does nothing. A wound to the right arm will not make the enemy attack slower, it's pointless.

Also, the poison weapons are , from what i can tell , a really poor design. The lead one deals 87.5% of what an iron one deals. Yes it spreads that out into 1x50% and 1x37% of the damage you deal ,but it's just not enough to bring someone down, especially when they're using a glimmersteel weapon with FB / FA. Lead and copper i dont think will find any use in PVP unless they get buffed like a lot.

8 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

You can't keep switching the body part you're attacking because of many reasons :

1. It wastes a lot of time, especially if you're affected by his web armour, u'll switch that in 6 seconds? thats extra swing and a half you could do instead

2. You only EVER hit the legs to catch somebody or to run away from somebody or the Head to deal the most damage. Nobody ever hits anything else unless somebody is not wearing armour there for some reason

3. Hitting anything other than the legs and the head does nothing. A wound to the right arm will not make the enemy attack slower, it's pointless.

Also, the poison weapons are , from what i can tell , a really poor design. The lead one deals 87.5% of what an iron one deals. Yes it spreads that out into 1x50% and 1x37% of the damage you deal ,but it's just not enough to bring someone down, especially when they're using a glimmersteel weapon with FB / FA. Lead and copper i dont think will find any use in PVP unless they get buffed like a lot.

1) Are attacks ever wasted? When I watch the combat logs, it seems like if you do something that keeps you from attacking when your swing timer is up (focus, etc.) it "queues" your attack(s) and then does them immediately as soon as possible, very often twice in a row.

2/3) Well, now we have a reason to attack somewhere else, which seems like a good thing. :) What you describe is just doing the same thing over and over again, and I don't mind disrupting that at all.

On poison weapons, I note that they're a nerf (however small) to Smoke of Sol. I get the impression a lot of vets are running around with 10% poison vulnerability.

5 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Are attacks ever wasted? When I watch the combat logs, it seems like if you do something that keeps you from attacking when your swing timer is up (focus, etc.) it "queues" your attack(s) and then does them immediately as soon as possible, very often twice in a row.

I'm not sure about how that works but to be honest, i would much rather prefer to focus up or to shield bash or to special move during those 6 seconds instead of aiming somewhere else.

22 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

1) Are attacks ever wasted? When I watch the combat logs, it seems like if you do something that keeps you from attacking when your swing timer is up (focus, etc.) it "queues" your attack(s) and then does them immediately as soon as possible, very often twice in a row.

2/3) Well, now we have a reason to attack somewhere else, which seems like a good thing. :) What you describe is just doing the same thing over and over again, and I don't mind disrupting that at all.

On poison weapons, I note that they're a nerf (however small) to Smoke of Sol. I get the impression a lot of vets are running around with 10% poison vulnerability.

The problem is that this change now puts the winning flag on Sme priests. Priest who already have been flagged as op in pvp now have their most powerful spell buffed. 

Rip new players in pvp.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

The problem is that this change now puts the winning flag on Sme priests. Priest who already have been flagged as op in pvp now have their most powerful spell buffed. 

Rip new players in pvp.

The real problem there is player gods, and I'd rather fix those. It's a very bad thing that veteran PvPers just aim for legs or head and nothing else. That -needs- to be disrupted.

Just now, Roccandil said:

The real problem there is player gods, and I'd rather fix those. It's a very bad thing that veteran PvPers just aim for legs or head and nothing else. That -needs- to be disrupted.

Perhaps but not this way. This changes forces any team wanting to win a fight to have a Sme / Tosiek / Fo priest, and if lets say, player gods were to be removed, it would mean that black lighters will never win. LoF was bad enough as it is. It doesnt need a buff. Basicly it has been turned into something akin to AoE heal.

Thats bad.

I doubt a nerf to LoF would be welcomed by the PvE community (I can 100% gurantee it), especially after it was already nerfed heavily along with heal a while ago (heal no longer being used as a result).

Feel free to "balance" it for PvP, but leave the magic of PvE alone now.  It's harsh enough as it is.

28 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

Perhaps but not this way. This changes forces any team wanting to win a fight to have a Sme / Tosiek / Fo priest, and if lets say, player gods were to be removed, it would mean that black lighters will never win. LoF was bad enough as it is. It doesnt need a buff. Basicly it has been turned into something akin to AoE heal.

Thats bad.

Have you actually been in a fight yet to test the changes?

11 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

I doubt a nerf to LoF would be welcomed by the PvE community (I can 100% gurantee it), especially after it was already nerfed heavily along with heal a while ago (heal no longer being used as a result).

Feel free to "balance" it for PvP, but leave the magic of PvE alone now.  It's harsh enough as it is.

Why do you need to turn this into a pvp vs pve argument? The only reason you'd need lof on Freedom is during Rifts so people can be lazy. The real influential use of the spell is on pvp servers. Besides, we are not asking for the spell to be nerfed. We are pointing out this change negatively completely throws off the little balance pvp combat has.

This is a serious disruption to pvp which allows for already one sided battles to be even more one sided. Where a group without lof before had little chance of survival, they now have no chance. Leaving things the way they are have no effect on your chosen gameplay style. Why are you complaining?

• Like 3