Sign in to follow this  
Gladiator

Light of Fo OP

1 hour ago, Fairyshine said:

...so was nerfed already.

the current form of lof with resistance has been as is since 2016

Lets keep this one on topic; currently a group of PvPers are unhappy with a new change.  From the looks of it, their worry seems justified as it does impact balance in an area important to PvP.  Lets fix it for the PvP players by either reverting those changes, or modifying a spell's PVP effects..

Lets also avoid screwing the PvE players, by not passing those "modifications" on to us.

That way everyone wins, there is no drama, everyhing works out.

Edited by Etherdrifter
  • Like 4

21 hours ago, Gladiator said:

So you have an issue if they nerf LoF? Do tell, why so? I mean, im curious. What is the usability of this spell on freedom? Do you cast it everyday when you're fighting the troll you two shot with your rare adamantine huge axe? Do you need it fighting the mobs at the rift that deal barely any damage and people will hold them off for ages for you to bandage? Oh yea, you want to AFK at rifts thats the thing. Well at least ur having fun not playing the game.

I was reading this thread and I stopped here

is having fun in the game now a bad thing?

Why are you dismissing the fact that many people on freedom do not run around in full scale with rare addy weapons, but that there are also newer players wearing chain or studded, and they actually really benefit from having wounds healed quickly mid combat? 

I used to use LoF in pvp when I was Fo before they added player gods and it was never really a game breaker. It occasionally helped to get someone out of a sticky situation but hardly any Fo priests were in pvp at the time because quite frankly, fo sucks for most other things. It's only when we got playergods with numerous other useful spells that it became a problem - I don't think it's the spell itself that needs adressing. It's probably too late to adres playergods but there is always the interesting option of making a lot of these issues in pvp only nerfed or buffed when you get the message that you feel something (enemies) in local.

Whatever nerf you ask for, make sure you specify for it to be on whatever pvp server you play on though. Im still dealing with hellhorses unhitching from carts because someone got their panties in a twist about champ troll carts, and generally, animals untaming very quickly and being utter useless as companions. 

Get someone with a frostbrand axe, get someone with a flaming aura copper maul. Two hits, 5 seperate wounds. Fix the offhand swing time being 7 times slower and you could it alone by dual wielding. I imagine it could be quite interesting if you think out of the box and may actually encourage the use of various weapons and metals.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alyeska said:

I used to use LoF in pvp when I was Fo before they added player gods and it was never really a game breaker.

Maybe different because wild/chaos was 90% hopping, but on epic where pvp was 90% never near a hop before player gods having even just one fo priest in the group was such a horrific imbalance that at the time we were more worried about enemy fo priests than enemy champs.  Before cooldowns and resistances, it was a spammable infinite health generator.  Especially when it was pretty much guaranteed to fully heal the entire group's hell horses which helped with the archery/horse fight which then snowballed further enabling constantly healed horses/players while the other group was on foot

As for this specific fix, lof was always very unpredictable especially in its current form.  It was either quite helpful/fight changing, or it healed 5-10 dmg because tons of tiny wounds and then useless because of resistances.  I feel like fixing the enchant stacking bug probably brings it more in line away from the utterly useless category which is also a buff for pve.  I think it'd be best to see how it works many times in actual pvp and not tests in controlled environments

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Wilczan said:

I like this guy. He is always calm and seems to like PVP.

Beats the massive walls of text =P 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Beats the massive walls of text =P 

We need ladders!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alyeska said:

Whatever nerf you ask for, make sure you specify for it to be on whatever pvp server you play on though. Im still dealing with hellhorses unhitching from carts because someone got their panties in a twist about champ troll carts, and generally, animals untaming very quickly and being utter useless as companions. 

+1

6 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Lets keep this one on topic; currently a group of PvPers are unhappy with a new change.  From the looks of it, their worry seems justified as it does impact balance in an area important to PvP.  Lets fix it for the PvP players by either reverting those changes, or modifying a spell's PVP effects..

Lets also avoid screwing the PvE players, by not passing those "modifications" on to us.

That way everyone wins, there is no drama, everyhing works out.

I dont know why this isnt a thing. Pvp servers and Freedom are vastly different. There is no use for Taming on the Freedom servers at the moment. I'd love to hang out on Freedom with my pet Troll smashing around on Rifts, while dealing with charmed Trolls on Chaos would be silly. 

7 hours ago, Etherdrifter said:

Only one group of PvPers is unhappy. If there -is- an imbalance, however, let's fix it by providing a viable counter, not by reinforcing lazy fighting.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:37 AM, Mclavin said:

I wanna see this change in action before we cry for patches. 

+1

• Like 2

Funny LOF use to heal 100%, now it doesnt come even close and slight bug fix  brings back screams to nerf again.

I noticed that wounds (bruises) from enemy guards don't stack. Is that intended?

I remember when you could 4 v 10 on an enemy deed if 2 of your 4 guys were fo priests. Good times. 

• Like 1