Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 08/MAR/18

5 hours ago, Tuga said:

My old supreme iron lantern, my first drum roll in wurm :)

[14:48:11] A small iron box with wicker and a cannister for oil. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design. It is hot.  Colors: R=245, G=245, B=245. It could be improved with a lump.

[14:48:11] A single steel rune of Vynora has been attached to it, so it will reduce damage taken (10%)

Using both a 16ql and a rare 92ql steel and flint, theres no option to snuff or light it.

throw it in lit forge 

You know when you have to rethink your whole tool set it was probably a great update, looking forward to finding out more

• Like 1

Does lantern damage count as decay or damage? I have a gold lantern and wondering if this makes me happy or sad.

3 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

Does lantern damage count as decay or damage? I have a gold lantern and wondering if this makes me happy or sad.

maybe one of these 5 choices will work 

• -5% decay damage taken 
  • -5% decay reduction
  • -5% decay damage
  • -5% decay penalty
  • 5% extra decay damage taken
  • Like 1

I look forward to getting my new tools, but along with many other's I'd like clarification on what some of those stats mean.

Just to clarify, the modifiers to trader value apply only to jewellery, not to other items.

I've updated the main thread with some clarifications (and removed the wording that clearly shows i hand wrote this) , I'll also be working on a simpler list of the values with the full values compared to iron for another post too! 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix:  Recipe Cherries Jubilee should now be in everyone’s recipe book and can actually be made now.

YAY!!  ( I know for most this isn't a big deal for anyone at all, but it's one I created so I'm so happy!!!!)  =D

*edit*  Just tried, I still can't make it in Stable or Preview =(

Edited by Dorian

36 minutes ago, Niki said:

iron is actually fairly dark in RL

41oalqhzn2L.jpg

Haha this is coated lol

• Like 3

Is the movement speed bonus per armor part or with a full armor equipped? So fe. Do I get 2% movement bonus for equipping just one tin boot?

It's per part, and compared to armour, so you'll move 2% faster than you would if you equipped one iron boot

• Like 1

credit to maxthx for sharing, not sure who made it, felt i'd get it out there.

3c8f715811717a994962557dc1ec3e78.png

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

credit to maxthx for sharing, not sure who made it, felt i'd get it out there.

3c8f715811717a994962557dc1ec3e78.png

i made it but your all welcome to it :)

• Like 6

Glad to see suggestions from 6 years ago finally being implemented. Cool to see some smaller stuff being fixed/added. A small steer in the right direction, interested to see what the big updates are for epic and PvP.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DevBlog said:

+10% damage to hunter mobs (most aggressive)

Wait wait wait wait.... are we slowly turning into a online version of Witcher?

1 silver sword for mobs and an iron/steel one for players

• Like 3

While this is overall an excellent update, please consider removing the damage malus to bronze.  As shown here:

NrCiQ3U.jpg

...medieval bronze was harder than iron, not softer.  And it's harder to make in Wurm, just like steel.  I don't see a reason for a penalty.  I shamelessly ripped that chart from an excellent explanation of steel and bronze here: https://www.chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/8225/crafting-complexity-journal-4-metalworking#post106176

As for silver... someone's been playing or reading way too much Witcher. :)  But remember that the basis for the idea of effectiveness of silver in those and other novels is against magical or unnatural creatures.  Even in the Witcher, Geralt would say that steel was more effective against a bear or a wolf.  It's to do with suspension of disbelief.  You can state that silver is better against vampires and get away with it.  But everyone knows that steel is better than some soft silver weapon against the mundane creatures of our world.  Further, it just promoted silver to the absolute best PvE weapon metal in the game.  Instead of promoting diversity via tradeoffs, which we have without this one bonus, we are upon the age of One Metal to Rule Them All.

Please consider removing the silver effect at least against black bear, brown bear, boar, cave bug, crab, wolf, whale, croc, dog, dolphin, forest giant, goblin leader, goblin, gorilla, hyena, mountain lion, octopus, rat, scorpion (regular), shark, spider, troll, Troll King. If that is not feasible, please remove it entirely.  I can buy it, grudgingly, against hell creatures and Valrei creatures and summoned creatures, but the others, please leave it without.

Thank you.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

we forgot staffs??

Yess, what about an adamantine staff? Is it gonna be possible to make one?

23 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Change: You should do more damage when destroying off deed items if they are owned/created by you.

Destroying items on deed seem to be taking 10x longer.  Just took me forever to destroy an oven I made on deed.

From what I read, correct me if I'm wrong, adamantine is now basically the same as seryll and glimmersteel when it comes to armor... 

In the old system seryll and glim (which were the same) protected a bit better than addy... may I recommend making the DR/Spd on addy 5%/10% and 7.5%/7.5% on glim-seryll? (or something along those lines to keep more in line with the old moon metal values) 

17 hours ago, Eobersig said:

*sobs* That was the best feature of saddle bags I thought, the no-decay in horse inventory.

I am unsure if this is some items were not taking damage where they should like say food or if the bug was that it was behaving like inventory making it a place to keep a spare whetstone or pelt or such. I've stuck a low ql whetstone in a bag to watch for decay.

Plate and chain armour made from the new metal options will now show correctly when worn

Sign in to follow this