Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 08/MAR/18

8 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

Zero clue why this is happening, did you just make it with a different metal type?

My old supreme iron lantern, my first drum roll in wurm :)

[14:48:11] A small iron box with wicker and a cannister for oil. This is a supreme example of the item, with fine details and slick design. It is hot.  Colors: R=245, G=245, B=245. It could be improved with a lump.

[14:48:11] A single steel rune of Vynora has been attached to it, so it will reduce damage taken (10%)

Using both a 16ql and a rare 92ql steel and flint, theres no option to snuff or light it.

1 hour ago, Delacroix said:

It could mean when creating an item with it, the item created has a higher creation quality. It could mean the item itself has a higher creation quality when made with the metal. It could mean, in a roundabout way, that things gathered with this have a higher creation quality.

EXACTLY could we get a clearer explanation? 

2 hours ago, Delacroix said:

It could mean when creating an item with it, the item created has a higher creation quality. It could mean the item itself has a higher creation quality when made with the metal. It could mean, in a roundabout way, that things gathered with this have a higher creation quality.

This is Wurm--don't be obtuse.

It's ql bonus to items created by it, so for example an lead anvil would make 5% higher ql nails.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

5 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

It's ql bonus to items created by it, so for example an lead anvil would make 5% higher ql nails.

Are you sure? :) I read it as items created out of lead are higher QL, and imp easier.

A small thing for sure but, before I go putting dye on cloth and leather armor, can we remove it with the wire brush if we don't like the result?

nevermind I was too impatient so already tested, yes we can remove :)

Edited by Tilda
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Are you sure? :) I read it as items created out of lead are higher QL, and imp easier.

642134a6d3e5c0752c412fdee5eba4f3.png

Came out at same ql on creation.

Edit: Didn't even notice there was 2 different ql% ones from material until i saw retros post

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

% bonus to quality upon creation

This means when an item of this material is created, it will be higher than it's iron counterpart

(e.g. lead hatchet head will turn out higher ql than iron hatchet head)

% ql bonus to items created

This means that when an item is created by something of this material, the created item will turn out a higher ql

(e.g. adamantine carving knife will make higher ql shafts than an iron carving knife)

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

% ql bonus to items created

This means that when an item is created by something of this material, the created item will turn out a higher ql

(e.g. adamantine carving knife will make higher ql shafts than an iron carving knife)

Does this apply to things like farming?

9 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

642134a6d3e5c0752c412fdee5eba4f3.png

Came out at same ql on creation.

Edit: Didn't even notice there was 2 different ql% ones from material until i saw retros post

If I understood Retro's last post, a brass needle would come out at 16.11 ql... 10% bonus ql upon creation.

If you used a glimmersteel small anvil on iron, the iron needles would be 15.38 ql... 5% ql bonus to items created.

Would be interesting to test if they stack?  ie.  Making a brass needle with a glimmersteel small anvil.  In theory, that would come out to be a 16.85 ql brass needle?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delacroix said:

This is Wurm--don't be obtuse.

It quite obviously does not mean any of that.

This is why you should extensively test your patches before they go live:

hsvAqdD.jpg

According to the patch notes gold is supposedly worth 10 times the trader value of iron, if so someone forgot to math.  Take your time and release the finished product.

Also someone might have forgotten to english.

What is the difference between these attributes:

• -5% decay damage taken 
  • -5% decay reduction
  • -5% decay damage
  • -5% decay penalty
  • 5% extra decay damage taken

Did you really just say the same thing 5 different ways in one patch note or are all of these attributes unique?

Is lockpicking penalty the negative of the attribute lockpicking bonus?  Why wouldn't you label them the same and let the integers give you the value?  ie Lockpicking +5% or -5%. 

-5% lockpicking penalty means your lockpicking penalty is reduced by 5%, so its 5% less of a penalty or 5% easier, right? 

I don't understand how one can use words in such a way to make numbers confusing.  

• 5% lockpicking bonus
  • -5% lockpicking penalty

What exactly are Hunter mobs (most agressive)?  Are spiders and hell hounds hunter mobs?  Are uniques?

FYI, I will gladly volunteer to write all future patch notes if this task is too challenging for all of the community relations personnel.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 4

Small note about coloring: cloth pants don't seem to hold any color at this point, at least not when worn. I've tested 3 different colors and they sort of show (very little) when I drop the pants on the floor, but when worn they just look normal basically. Also made a nice dark purple set of studded armor but the cap shows no color.

4 hours ago, Xinit said:

No mac fix ? :/

Did you already try? Sometimes they don’t report stuff like this in the change log. Anyway, I can try with mine in about 3 hours.

If it will not work, just keep pushing the issue.

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix: Items should properly decay and cool off while inside saddle bags and saddle sacks equipped on horses.

*sobs* That was the best feature of saddle bags I thought, the no-decay in horse inventory.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Davy said:

Did you already try? Sometimes they don’t report stuff like this in the change log. Anyway, I can try with mine in about 3 hours.

If it will not work, just keep pushing the issue.

yeap , its still same for me.

Also someone might have forgotten to english.

What is the difference between these attributes:

• -5% decay damage taken 
  • -5% decay reduction
  • -5% decay damage
  • -5% decay penalty
  • 5% extra decay damage taken

Did you really just say the same thing 5 different ways in one patch note or are all of these attributes unique?

If I'm not mistaken, that last one is different from the other four?

As for the other four, if they don't have different meanings then I'd imagine it's representative of a team of individuals dividing their labor.  Yes, in a perfect world there would be one single authority to normalize the whole thing before publication... but meh.  It's like some metals being bolded while others aren't, etc. 

It's pretty easily fixed in the future though.  Hand it off to a dedicated editor before publishing.  @sEeDliNgScomes to mind as a good candidate for editor since it can maybe sort of mimic some of the editing that must go on for Wurmpedia?  Also, the language used would eventually have to be transferred over to the wiki anyway.  I'm totally overstepping but no one knows where I live so I think I'm safe. :ph34r:

hsvAqdD.jpg

According to the patch notes gold is supposedly worth 10 times the trader value of iron, if so someone forgot to math.  Take your time and release the finished product.

Yup, can't really argue with that one.  I'm pretty sure that'll be a quick fix though, mostly sure, high probability, soon™  ish.

Edited by Reylaark
requested

Will wood types get a similar update to the metals? 

3 hours ago, Reylaark said:

If I'm not mistaken, that last one is different from the other four?

As for the other four, if they don't have different meanings then I'd imagine it's representative of a team of individuals dividing their labor.  Yes, in a perfect world there would be one single authority to normalize the whole thing before publication... but meh.  It's like some metals being bolded while others aren't, etc. 

It's pretty easily fixed in the future though.  Hand it off to a dedicated editor before publishing.

You would think a professional gaming company that has the luxury of having both a community relations coordinator and a community relations assistant could handle the rudimentary tasks involved in creating clear, concise, and accurate Patch Notes, like proofreading and editing out ambiguity.

Here is a spreadsheet to help compare the different metal attributes as they were written in the patch notes.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, madnezz said:

You would think a professional gaming company that has the luxury of having both a community relations coordinator and a community relations assistant could handle the rudimentary tasks involved in creating clear, concise, and accurate Patch Notes, like proofreading and editing out ambiguity.

Meh. Entropy is everywhere. As long as they clarify the confusion, I'm good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Bugfix:  Fixed a bug which caused items with glow runes attached to never cool down.

great anti-qol fix. thanks i guess?!

• Like 1

the new texture for iron on lamps (top of the imperials and fixtures on the others) is terrible, light grey, looks washed out and lifeless. 
Used to be dark. 

before
wFSHGMB.jpg

after
QkyjHDa.jpg

Edited by Steveleeb

7 hours ago, DevBlog said:

Can be used to make unicorn shoes

Cool.... now if only i could find the darned things

Real excited for the new metal types, but I really hope some of the lamp graphics are reverted.  My iron light fixtures now feature an ugly washed-out grey instead of their former striking black tone.

For comparison:

wurm.20180308.1226.png

Iron_lamp.jpgIron_torch_lamp.jpgIron_imperial_street_lamp.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

CURRENT KNOWN ISSUES

Dyes missing is known and currently being investigated

Metal armour textures being the default style is known, will take some time to address as it's changing the way armour renders (and is part of why dyes now work, likely to be addressed early next week

Will the dyes fix include the painted wooden items?

Some great changes there. Can animal breeding get some love now please?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this