Sign in to follow this  
GoldFever

Wagoner

Been meaning to start this topic for some time now as I had a very frustrating experience by Glasshollow trying to get a wagoner contract going.  Was coming from off-server to drop off a crate to the local wagoner for inland delivery and then be on my way...not.

Turns out you don't just drop crates off at the local wagoner, you drop the crates into a wagoner container, which is player made and is NOT present (that I could find anyway) at the the starter deeds by the wagoner. While it is easy to make a wagoner container, it is not so easy to place one.  I don't know for sure all the ins and outs, but they can only be placed on waystones and you need the right to place them.  You can't just pick any handy waystone, even off-deed, and drop a wagoner container.  In my case I finally found a public one that some kind soul had placed significantly inland from Glasshollow.

Several things that I'd like to see:

1. People understand you don't need to buy a wagoner contract to use the system.  Just make a wagoner container and put on your deed waystone and the public wagoner will come pick up;

2. I'd like to see public wagoner containers placed on the starter deeds fairly close to the wagoner.  This is only logical.  Highly annoying to get to the wagoner only to discover you can't directly contract your crates;

3. All major markets (or other kind souls) place a public wagoner container at a location easily accessed by ship.  Should be able to pull up in ones knarr and put the crates into the container directly without having to use a cart/wagon to move them first. We also would need a listing of such locations.

Any other thoughts/idea?

• Like 2

I believe the container travels with the shipment, and can be place on any off deed waystone or on deed with permissions. Have it a wagoner container merchant next to your wagoner might be a good solution.

I think it was just another thing overlooked by the wurm staff when they added a wagoner to each starter village.

On exo I added containers set to the public at my deed Sandford and Sons, just West of Esert.

yYPkond.jpg

But perhaps of more use would be having containers set up at coastal locations for public use, and I will see what I can do for fixing up a spot for Exodus at one of my deeds on the coast.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Aeryck said:

I believe the container travels with the shipment, and can be place on any off deed waystone or on deed with permissions. Have it a wagoner container merchant next to your wagoner might be a good solution.

They cannot be placed at any off deed waystone, I did try to do that.  I suspect the owner of the waystone could place only.  I was about ready to mail myself a crowbar to pry off a ce and place my own waystone when I found a wagoner container that had been placed already.  I have no idea if they disappear once used or not.

They need to be planted on deed at a waystone, they can be used over and over.

I placed mine at an off deed waystone. It was planted by an ally though, so maybe that’s why I can use it?

I think all servers need map icons for public wagoner container locations.

On the South coast of Deliverance, near the server border, I have set up a public wagoner container at U17 The Mermaid's Cove which is on the Deli highway network.   The container is right on the water between The Mermaids Cove and Edgewater. 

The nearest public wagoner serving this container is Wagoner_Southport (already marked at U18)  Everyone is welcome to use him.

oBaUlia.jpg