Sign in to follow this  
Niki

New metal predictions!

This isn't official, this is just predictions I made a day before update if you want actual news go here:

Hey, so I thought it would be fun to theorize what the new metals are going to do to our tools or give us a reason to make new ones. 

Steel: It will take less damage, less enchant decay, and increase usage speed slightly.

Iron: It will be easier to improve. It will be less likely to fail a action when using to improve a item.

Bronze: This will be indestructible, reduced timer for actions. Increased amount improved when using tools.

Lead: This will inflict you with a madness when using to improve a item it will increase rare rolls but take forever to imp. It will deal minor poison damage if used as a weapon.

Copper: When improving or gathering you will use no stamina, but your water/food will go down twice as fast.

Tin: Takes extra damage on actions, if 99+ damage it will not be discarded from your inventory. You will get a message saying you cannot improve any more.

Brass: This will be indestructible and will never take damage or enchants decay.

Zinc: Makes you feel healthy when using it, you take reduced CCFP, food, water, stamina when using tools made from this.

Gold:  It will give excellent QL on gathering, example if your 90 mining you will always get 90ql ores or whatever vein max QL is.

Silver: Takes more damage on use, but increased damage to monsters, You gain a CR buff when using weapons made of silver on things in combat.

Seryll: Takes more damage on use, but increased damage to monsters, You gain a CR buff when using weapons made of seryll on things in combat. Shatterproof metal, easier to enchant on, easier to improve a cast on.

Adamantine: 10% more damage on weapons, easier to improve, will never take damage. Best armour DR. You move faster, about as fast as scale/drake.

Glimmersteel: 10% faster swing timer, easier to improve, will never take damage. Best armour DR. You move faster, about as fast as scale/drake.

What do you think they should do? Please share your thoughts! Thank you.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 3

I don't think the metals will be that drastic, but it would be awesome if they were :) Anywho great ideas!

umm.. it's actually mercury that induces madness.

hence.. mad as a hatter. 

lead poisening can induce violent crime but so can alcohol.

`Gold:  It will give excellent QL on gathering, example if your 90 mining you will always get 90ql ores or whatever vein max QL is.`

Gold is very soft & malleable. it'd damage really easily if used on anything denser than soil. 
I'm not sure why you think alloys should be indestructible.

Edited by Steveleeb
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Steveleeb said:

umm.. it's actually mercury that induces madness.

hence.. mad as a hatter. 

lead poisening can induce violent crime but so can alcohol.

`Gold:  It will give excellent QL on gathering, example if your 90 mining you will always get 90ql ores or whatever vein max QL is.`

Gold is very soft & malleable. it'd damage really easily if used on anything denser than soil. 
I'm not sure why you think alloys should be indestructible.

Wurm isn't real life, Wogic applies. This game has magic, spells, enchanting, runes already you know. I would ask you keep a open mind tbh.

yeah, umm. lol.
that's never been said to me before.
I can't just say any old ###### and call it wogic.

wogic is a mirror of real-life... not a very pure mirror, it bends and contorts, gets misty and cracked.
but there is always some form of continuity there, some form of logic. 

i have a very, very open mind. cheers.
ile check back in a day, im not saying anything else.. it's not helping.

Edited by Steveleeb

Something like this could make the game more interesting.

It does give you a reason to think about your tool/weapon based on your play-style and or current goals.

It does make the game more complex, which might attract some of the folks who love to come up with OP combos and tactics in games.

I'm not exactly a fan of overcomplicating things, but this might have some future even as just wu mod.

spy_cat.jpg

That one is better. :P

Now that this is fixed, giving lead ANY good purpose besides being sacrifice fooder for my altars would be nice. ^_^

(Can you tell I have a ton of those veins around? ._. )

• Like 1

Lead should be the best metal, completely indestructible, easier to imp and enchant... but you can still only use it for anchors and balls. And pipes maybe... but only if your deed is named Flint.

No idea. I'm wondering where we were supposed to discuss it after the news article said we should and there was no thread created to actually talk about it...so they were just going to do what they were going to do anyway without our input...

Will be intrigued to know if I actually need to change any of my tools...or if I should just finish making everything in steel like I already was...(I know...blah blah blah it's so hard to make steel and why-ever would you want to make all your tools in steel...because I'm a platesmith and already make plenty of steel and end up with steel just laying around...I don't use 80-90 QL tools anyway...as I don't currently have the skills to do anything that high except masonry/carp. Also, the benefit from having to repair my tools less way outweighed any of the drawbacks. I barely ever need to re-imp them either.)

It will be interesting to see if they change any of it enough to make you WANT to make something out of certain metals...

As an aspiring metallurgist I approve of more uses for the different alloys.

So many choices now with all these new metal type options for items with yet unknown specific beneficial results. All we have now are guidelines without any productive experiments to see what these various interactions will produce. I am sure some will have fun with it all but I am not much the experimenter in Wurm due to the excessive nature of times involved.

Just all seems a lot of fiddling around to me for minimal results. As I have a lot of iron tools with good enchants accumulated over the years, no doubt I will be sticking with those and let others do the bling thing that they find worthwhile. I can see the allure of it all for some players though, so more power to ya!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 5:23 AM, Nomadikhan said:

Whatever makes chainmail worth keeping in the game again.

*whispers* chainmail armor for pets... If they suck on people make them awesome somewhere else. Seriously though.. armoured bears o.o