Sign in to follow this  
Darklords

Wurm Market Stall Suggestion

I have been playing a game called haven and hearth a bit with some friends in my free time and the main trade hub has the most incredible setup for handling trade considering its almost identical to Wurms market stalls and I feel they are lacking a lot and far from perfect.

https://certainly-not-a-cat.github.io/fair_report/

6ec3db054c963bbc37b87dbf87ae9461.png

There is a website though I imagine an in-game interface would work better for Wurm showing all the stalls on your server and the location(if they want it shown, some people use them for storage should be opt in) of it inside the maze of stalls that sometimes exist in a trade area. The reason this works so well, you can search multiple times a day for stuff for sale, or stuff they might be buying and maybe not even stuff you want but something for sale you didn't know you wanted half way across the server you might want to travel to buy only because there is a way to see what they have this would not allow you to buy it across the server(unless community/staff want it) but just a method to see whats for sale without needing alts at markets or traveling to each stall to see its stock.

Even cross server menus to see whats on each server would be nice, this way people can setup a stall and if they want people can see what they have for sale and travel to them for it because they know the location and stock without traveling to them and spending ages going stall to stall seeing what they have when your in the area.

Another suggestion also comes from the same system, allow items to be sold for more than just silver on the shops, you can list say want to sell x tool for 15 50quality+ bronze, allows for more trade since not everyone has access to tons of silver to trade with but might be willing to trade something they have a ton of for a supply they are lacking and because people can see this without vising they can get it ready and plan a visit to trade for the item they may need.

I realize the trade forum exists, but an in-game method that is fully automated would make trade much more common for newer players, in haven when we started we focused on making stuff that the big guys needed that we could make with a bit of effort for them and used the stalls to trade stuff we could make for tools and supplys they could make all using trade stalls I have never meet the people I sell to we just do business because its continent to search the website for stalls to sell for currency/items. We can't even get a stall in the main market because there is a waiting list because of the crazy trade volume going on in this small game even smaller than wurm in the 1 market that has hundreds of stalls limited to 3 per group and rotated out as people go inactive.

One big positive I see from something like this, new players can have goals outside make/buy silver only or grind stats to make it your self, maybe a guy with extra enchanted weapons or someone who can make them sells them 1000 30+ quality bricks each give lower tier players a chance to earn stuff from top tier players without spending money and trading directly for supplys.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 4

+1 I'm always in favour of more ingame automated trade. Would like wagoneers to be more automated as well, so the players can stock them with bulk items and the buyers can list that as you suggested  and order :)