Sign in to follow this  
Shyruban

Opening of The Big Girl's Canal

Hi, I've been playing for almost 17 months, more than half that time was spent building highways, tunnels and bridges

to open up the south and link it to starter towns.

The newest addition to this big project is the only deep canal in center south Xanadu, which lets you sail through with Caravels, Corbitas and the like.

It is named The Big Girl's Canal, in no way to make fun of the more voluptuous ladies out there but because I've always found it funny

than men often refers to their boats, cars and other possessions as ''She'', since the canal is meant for the bigger boats, it's become the Big Girl's Canal.

When I arrived where I live and have been living since I started playing, Pit Stop Slowmo, some players had already started to dig up a shallow canal but

they seemed to have given up once they hit rock and found out how much surface mining would need to be done, so when I was still a noob

I had decided that I would finish it up and later figured it should be a deep canal for bigger boats as the only to come here with a Caravel was all the way west

through Sweet Island. It is now opened and passable with large boats and I have developed a serious disgust towards dredging hehe.

i have added some images that shows it's location as well as other parts of the southern project.

While I was working on new bridges across the water here and this canal, Sgtscum, a neighbor worked on a highway of his own to link to my bridges and highway to Lormere.

So i've included his work in an image, the tracing of his road is approximate but gives a good idea. Making the highway, linked to mine  and then to Lormere a whopping 2442 tiles long.

fDe7M80.jpg

MOaLoys.jpg

MUIMzPL.jpg

YlNvedI.jpg

96ysrWp.jpg

QDo4qCy.jpg

I hope all this will eventually become useful to other players, enjoy and have fun :).

Edited by Shyruban
typo
  • Like 5