Sign in to follow this  
Afira

Client Crashing

I got online for a bit but when I tried to return I started to have more and more problems. The client crashes either instantly or after about a minute, sometimes the client won't start at all. I have uninstalled Java 32 and 64 and reinstalled then. I uninstalled the client and reinstalled that about 6 times. when installing it, it does not see the 64 java. it will often get me to the game after a fresh install but it crashes quickly and then it won't even run the client. It is so frustrating I don't know where else to go with this. When I click the game I get the splash screen then an error: Error encountered while invoking Java Web Start (SysExec) C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\jp2launcher.exe

Other Java stuff runs just fine on my computer. I found a post to point the client at the 64 bit java but the address was wrong when I tried to add it to a shortcut

I *DO* need 32 bit Java I can not uninstall it,

Try and create a file with .bat extension and put into the contents:

C:\(full path to 64-bit java)\bin\javaws.exe http://wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp

Make sure it's the 64-bit one, check if it's in Program Files and not Program Files (x86)