19 hours ago, Rocklobstar said:
On 3/2/2018 at 1:49 AM, Arium said:

Does this also affect combat attributes for glimmer and addy?

are there any plans to change the current attributes that already exist or just introduce new things for metals that dont have attributes yet?

On 3/2/2018 at 2:18 AM, Aeryck said:

Will existing metal properties be changing? Or only adding properties to metals that had none? For example, my Glimmer Spear won’t change properties, right?

@RetrogradeAny answer to this?

Properties of glimmersteel and adamantine won't be reduced, other metals might have specific properties that can match them in one area or another, or have bonuses that those two don't, but they will remain as they are

13 hours ago, Xinit said:

hopefully mac issue will be resolved. i still cant launch ,  getting insecure property (allownegativemousecoordinates).

We're working on this! We'll be working closely with some mac's over the coming week and will hopefully have it addressed soon 

On 3/2/2018 at 3:02 PM, KyleBooze said:

Will I finally be able to craft brass chain?

yes

On 3/2/2018 at 5:34 PM, Wilczan said:

So, does all utmost metals gonna be available on home servers or I need to portal to Elevation and search half of continent to find utmost copper and tin for my bronze plate armor?

Asking couse from few weeks searching for utmost copper on Elevation without success so far.

Maybe I'am just very unlucky.

We'll be removing the ore cap too, yes

On 3/2/2018 at 1:26 PM, JakeRivers said:

We have these new features coming out every month, but for the most part nothing is tested before being released to live servers, so you have paying customers coping with bugs on every single new release and dealing with these things that don't get fixed, its like rush out a new feature and then move onto the next one each time before fixing the previous things.

Don't get me wrong, I like improvements to the game, but the testing side of things seem to be very lacking and I have been shot down for pointing out problems with new content in the past. I really think the testing should be done on the test server and new content should actually work when it goes live.

we have a small dedicated team for testing, consisting of staff and some players. Many major bugs are addressed and we work closely with this team in feedback. It's unfortunate when bugs sneak through, the goal is to always remove as many as possible but no testing environment can match a live environment such as wurm, with  thousands of different uses being thrown at it. Rest assured, this is all on test as we speak, and our testers are bashing each other over the head with lead mauls. 

On 3/2/2018 at 3:44 PM, whereami said:

The bonuses to these kinds of items, I am HOPING is going to be within a relatively small range (Why I suggest 5 to 15%) so the actual benefit of using these items should be relatively negligible when it comes to PvP. This is obvious to cause a huge upset in the material types used for just about everything on PVP, even with only minor buffs added to the material types. PvP is about getting literally every advantage you can, even the small ones.

given the significant advantages of moon metals, we don't see anything majorly shaking up the meta (though it would be nice) 

On 3/2/2018 at 9:34 AM, NeeNee said:

It would be nice if iron didn't change in any way, so we don't have to get all new tools unless we want to. I don't have any cool legacy items, but aren't they worth more because they have the signature of a dev on them or are lighter? Are people buying gold tools because they yearn to imp with gold? Hopefully Retro can tell us if those items will be affected. 

Iron won't be affected, it's the baseline generic metal. Some metals are naturally softer or heavier, and thus would have properties reflective of that, some are lighter, or stronger, or easier to work with, so could have properties based around that. 

Iron itself is a much newer discovery that most metals found in wurm, with gold, silver, copper, bronze and lead all being used long before ironworking became common, this means it's a significant advancement from those, while those types still had some more beneficial aspects long before.

On 3/2/2018 at 9:40 AM, punishlife said:

Gonna make a bronze or copper sword so it looks like wood and run around like Link

it's dangerous to go alone!

• Like 9

...our testers are bashing each other over the head with lead mauls. 

argue.gif

• Like 4

Don't forget Lithium for some folks around here =P 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Retrograde said:

We're working on this! We'll be working closely with some mac's over the coming week and will hopefully have it addressed soon 

im new on mac but ready to help when needed.

On 3/1/2018 at 0:44 PM, Niki said:

Truth be told they only won because they teamed up which probably wasn't intended. They're still worth a lot because of the size. Yeah devs should totally listen to those special snowflakes, yeah okay. Not. 

Since when is playing an MMO with friends not intended? Do you not understand the concept of an MMO? Someone seems a bit ungrateful, in my opinion.

Besides, quite a few of the last hunts were random prizes, and everyone who participated got rewards anyway, because apparently people were upset the same people kept winning?

On 3/1/2018 at 0:44 PM, Niki said:

Yeah lets make .001% of the player-base feel real special because they won some obscure event item that was already OP because most of them has reduced size and were able fit inside BoKs.

Also, I don't think a large majority of the game has BoKs, especially those who won treasure hunt rewards. You're now trying to make it even more harder to reap the benefits of a reward to those who only have an already special item. Not everyone is interested in turning a profit off of them. (Besides, I don't think most of the rewards fit inside BoKs anyway. I think only the shovels did?).

I'm just in favour of trying to keep heirloom items their status, and as long as they are taken into consideration with the implementation of differing metal-items, then I am fine. Maybe they could get a quick rename, if possible?

• Like 1

I love these changes with the new shader system. However I am looking forward to shader changes for walls, fences, and floors even more so than items right now.

https://twitter.com/epicserv1

The settlement of Time For Tacos Brb has just been disbanded by Wildboar.

The settlement of Baluga has just been disbanded by Mondain.

willing to pay greatly for the implementation of epic armor changes and other pvp balances on chaos instead of epic focus

i'll pay more than what you'd gain off of epic changes for sure ;^)

• Like 5

5 hours ago, platinumteef said:

willing to pay greatly for the implementation of epic armor changes and other pvp balances on chaos instead of epic focus

This so much yes, PLEASE!

6 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

So tin...will we be able to make tinfoil hats?

And with lead plate, we really ought to have some kind of radiation attack to balance it.

2 hours ago, LorenaMontana said:

When will the update with updated stat gain on epic roll out?

@Retrograde

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the ETA:

All of this and more is coming in our next update, slated for the 8th of March, so I hope you’re ready for it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Roccandil said:

And with lead plate, we really ought to have some kind of radiation attack to balance it.

and slow lead poisoning deaths...

Very good news about metals!  Bronze may be the most useful.

I have always thought bronze should be represented with half of steel's hardness bonus, and all of cedar's decay bonus.  Being as weapon's grade bronze was harder than iron, and didn't rust.

Historical note:  The Iron Age succeeded the Bronze Age not because iron was a superior metal, but because it was easier to get iron ore than to acquire both tin and copper to alloy bronze.  The same will generally be true in Wurm.  (With the bonus that iron does not fall under Metallurgy, which is classic Wurm Logic :) )

On 3/1/2018 at 0:20 PM, Xallo said:

And now, treasure hunt items lose their value! I think it would be better to leave gold and silver at the very least non-craftable (but still showing a new texture) so that at least SOME treasure hunt items aren't useless now.

Also I don't think tweaking stats will help Epic at this point, and a lot of us are sick at the "it will be a slow process" mentality. That excuse has been tossed around for months now, and all that can be offered is a promise to fix stat gains? What have you been doing the past couple of months? Can you shed us some light on the conclusions you've gathered from "monitoring" Epic?

Jackburton taught me that  you have to post on the first page to get a response. Or if it’s dodgy they won’t answer.

• Like 1

They tell us to discuss what metal materials might have as attributes...but then there's nowhere to discuss it except in here, and most of the comments in these news articles are ignored/not read...so where were we supposed to discuss this at?

And now we ain't getting the metal update today but instead dyeable cloth and leather.

Why the sudden change and no info? @Retrograde

Telling everyone in GL-Freedom is good and all but it needs to come up on the forums as well!

@Retro and Buddha. Remove ore cap and make mission changes today at the very least. Please and thank you!  :wub: I will love you forever and ever.

2 hours ago, Corsan said:

They tell us to discuss what metal materials might have as attributes...but then there's nowhere to discuss it except in here, and most of the comments in these news articles are ignored/not read...so where were we supposed to discuss this at?

I hate to break it to you, but this is a forum. You start by making a post in the correct area and then you can tell everyone your ideas and start a conversation. They cannot hold your hand and tell you where to post.

EDIT: Also, Retrograde is not Wurm Jesus and he cannot be everywhere simultaneously.

Edited by Trollslayer
Wurm Jesus
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Theodein said:

And now we ain't getting the metal update today but instead dyeable cloth and leather.

Why the sudden change and no info? @Retrograde

Telling everyone in GL-Freedom is good and all but it needs to come up on the forums as well!

Wait what? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DemonaNightshade said:

Is the dyed cloth/leather supposed to be visible when equipped?

Once the update goes live, yes 

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

Once the update goes live, yes 

How about plate and chain? Can we dye them? also shields?