Wow nice work, this sounds like a fantastic update. Keep up the good work!

Looking forward to a new map dump... any news on when that can happen?

Will moon metal be able to make more tools like sickles? 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, AlmostSolitude2 said:

purple.png

+ 100 Yes please !

Since the goal is to reduce the number of windows opened in the UI, I suggest rather than opening the container window after the drag-n-drop action has occurred, you simply show a message that the items were dropped into the container.  There is really no need to confirm a drag-n-drop action by opening another window - which is the whole point of the drag-n-drop in the first place.  A message will suffice.  At least provide a setting to toggle "Open Container on Drop Into".

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Eyesgood said:

Since the goal is to reduce the number of windows opened in the UI, I suggest rather than opening the container window after the drag-n-drop action has occurred, you simply show a message that the items were dropped into the container.  There is really no need to confirm a drag-n-drop action by opening another window - which is the whole point of the drag-n-drop in the first place.  A message will suffice.  At least provide a setting to toggle "Open Container on Drop Into".

It doesn't automatically open the container window.

• Like 3

what if add so when you move from container to crafting window x amount item(or max amount) it moves them to inventory. Instead of move container, to inv and from inv to crafting window.

And now, treasure hunt items lose their value! I think it would be better to leave gold and silver at the very least non-craftable (but still showing a new texture) so that at least SOME treasure hunt items aren't useless now.

Also I don't think tweaking stats will help Epic at this point, and a lot of us are sick at the "it will be a slow process" mentality. That excuse has been tossed around for months now, and all that can be offered is a promise to fix stat gains? What have you been doing the past couple of months? Can you shed us some light on the conclusions you've gathered from "monitoring" Epic?

Edited by Xallo
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Xallo said:

And now, treasure hunt items lose their value! I think it would be better to leave gold and silver at the very least non-craftable (but still showing a new texture) so that at least SOME treasure hunt items aren't useless now.

Also I don't think tweaking stats will help Epic at this point, and a lot of us are sick at the "it will be a slow process" mentality. That excuse has been tossed around for months now, and all that can be offered is a promise to fix stat gains? What have you been doing the past couple of months? Can you shed us some light on the conclusions you've gathered from "monitoring" Epic?

Meh, it's fine (I own several also) most of them weigh-less anyways. 

• Like 1

I would love to see a second equipment interface, that would do nothing to weight and armor rating, and would only serve a decorative purpose, so i can wear whatever looks good to me, without dying when a wolf looks at me... also - do not display head gear would be nice... and some new robes...

Very cool stuff! And so excited to hear what effects different metals will have! 

2 hours ago, Niki said:

Meh, it's fine (I own several also) most of them weigh-less anyways. 

Oh. I guess its fine since Niki says it is, guys. Ok. 

Anyway, as others have said its a little late to be adjusting stat gain on Epic now; should've been done months ago. Not that it would've changed much anyway, but would've at least given us a bit more hope that Epic wasn't going to be left on the back burner yet again. Maybe instead of adding all these cool new features to PvE, which seems to be all the devs focus on these days, maybe start focusing on getting PvP changes out sooner than 5+ months after issues have been raised. That would be kinda cool.

Also, are we gonna hear back on how this PvP affinity change is going? I'm sure a lot of us PvPers would like to see just how many affinities have traded hands since this change, because i'm willing to bet its shockingly low. I myself have been on 31 kills since the change on January 18th, and out of the whole 7 affinities gained in those kills I haven't received a single one. 

Spoiler

Total kills: 31 Repeat kills: 5 Total affinities gained: 7 Percentage of kills that yielded an affinity gain (7 out of 26 kills): 26.9%

Chaos:
[2018-01-20] [15:22:32] Mattown slain by Ciray <(---solo kill, no affinity
[2018-02-01] [15:28:31] Zilbar slain by Wulfgar Ciray  <(---Ship building affinity to Wulfgar
[2018-02-20] [22:33:46] Ancei slain by Wulfgar Ciray  <(---no affinity
[2018-02-24] [17:15:46] Azraiel slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Ciray Chasone <(---no affinity
[2018-02-24] [18:19:34] Bloodyhell slain by Doctorchaos Lmonkey Ciray Theshawv Subie <(---Weapon heads smithing affinity to Subie
[2018-02-24] [18:24:36] Maximillian slain by Doctorchaos Lmonkey Ciray Subie Theshawv <(---no affinity
[2018-02-24] [18:27:45] Malevolence slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Lmonkey Ciray Milp Theshawv Subie Arakiel <(---Mind affinity to Arakiel
[2018-02-24] [18:29:20] Icenrns slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Lmonkey Ciray Milp Theshawv Arakiel <(---Butchering affinity to Ausimus
[2018-02-24] [18:30:20] Shweet slain by Doctorchaos Ausimus Lmonkey Ciray Milp Subie Theshawv Arakiel Dadd <(---Weapon heads smithing affinity to Theshawv
[2018-02-25] [13:04:37] Tugekoka slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-25] [13:15:45] Tugekoka slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-25] [13:29:18] Fotb slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-25] [13:37:37] Tugekoka slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-25] [13:37:54] Lucky slain by Doctorchaos Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-25] [14:07:36] Lucky slain by Doctorchaos Xsamuraizx Ciray <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-26] [23:12:37] Sleepys slain by Aramisii Bloodmaster Threap Wulfgar Ciray Arakiel Dridmar <(---Shield smithing affinity to Threap
[2018-02-26] [23:12:55] Loink slain by Aramisii Bloodmaster Threap Wulfgar Ciray Neowyn Dridmar Arakiel <(---no affinity
[2018-02-26] [23:13:16] Neowyn slain by Aramisii Threap Bloodmaster Wulfgar Loink Ciray Dridmar Arakiel <(---Shield smithing affinity to Wulfgar
[2018-02-26] [23:13:51] Themystrix slain by Aramisii Threap Bloodmaster Phynx Wulfgar Ciray Dridmar Arakiel Neowyn <(---no affinity

[2018-03-01] [15:14:45] Yliandrian slain by Ciray <(---solo kill, no affinity

[2018-03-01] [15:16:53] Ancei slain by Ciray <(---solo kill, no affinity

Epic:

[2018-01-19] [16:52:23] Firecat slain by Tulemees Monokles Daredevil Ciray Subie <(---no affinity

[2018-02-12] [22:31:14] Clova slain by Duyu Xallo Glasse Phynx Tallanu Ausimus Wulfgar Alphawolfen Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-12] [22:57:59] Demonanightshade slain by Duyu Xallo Glasse Tallanu Phynx Ausimus Wulfgar Ciray Chasone <(---no affinity
[2018-02-12] [23:00:21] Clova slain by Duyu Aramisii Titanic Glasse Xallo Phynx Tallanu Ausimus Wulfgar Daredevil Ciray Chasone <(---repeat kill
[2018-02-14] [00:44:09] Alphawolfen slain by Duyu Threap Tallanu Monokles Wulfgar Ciray Sixiron <(---no affinity
[2018-02-14] [00:44:43] Jukimo slain by Duyu Threap Tallanu Monokles Wulfgar Ciray Sixiron <(---no affinity

[2018-02-21] [00:54:41] Lundu slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Tallanu Wulfgar Ciray  <(---no affinity
[2018-02-21] [00:55:55] Alphawolfen slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Tallanu Wulfgar Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-21] [01:09:59] Johnston slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Tallanu Wulfgar Ciray <(---no affinity
[2018-02-21] [01:12:00] Alphawolfen slain by Sulfoce Gregory Threap Wulfgar Ciray <(---repeat kill

Edited by CIRAY
Got 2 more kills, yet no more affinities...

Great news! I think this update might mark a new era (at least for a while).

Suggestions for metals:

Gold -No natural decay, more dmg from use. (gold is forever, but a soft metal, easily dented)

Silver -Normal use and decay but faster to repair and imp back (bigger imp ticks)

Copper -dmg from use but repairs don't need lump (just tools) and can be repaired on the road (like ancient Greeks did)

Brass -lower dmg from decay and use. Hard to repair and imp.

Bronze -bronze armors take less, almost no dmg from use.

Zinc -now zinc could be the decorative metal. Being white, easy to dye and have colored gear. Fragile in use.

Tin -should be the joker of the metals. Whatever created, takes immediately the ql of the lump. No imping. But each hit reduces it by 25% dmg. No repair available. One-time-use paper items XD

Lead -Heavy and soft metal. Great for arrowheads +2 to dmg

Steel -As is, needs a bit less dmg taken. Still takes too much in comparison

Not touching moon metals and their bonuses -it will make a lot of ppl angry fast.

As for Epic. I think the main "balancing" idea is itself a wrong footing. Epic has good land masses and can support anything. It should be considered an awakening. A step up in difficulty and reward alike, a land of adventure. Reverse the mission outcomes and instead of having nogumps spawn after a mission is done, make their demise the mission itself. Add physical rewards from the missions (just like Rifts) and allow these rewards to cross back to freedom.

All it takes really for anyone to cross over, is a reward. Also, freedomers believe the 'curve' is so much easier skill grind, when it isn't that different. On Epic you can create higher Ql with lower skill and that is the difference. The skill ticks aren't bigger or faster. Even with that misconception, they still don't cross over to "grind".

The incentive only works for people who want to skill fast and want to sacrifice safety with easier skill up. The reward should be fun, hunting grounds and the ability to get loot.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CIRAY said:

Oh. I guess its fine since Niki says it is, guys. Ok. 

Yeah lets make .001% of the player-base feel real special because they won some obscure event item that was already OP because most of them has reduced size and were able fit inside BoKs. Truth be told they only won because they teamed up which probably wasn't intended. They're still worth a lot because of the size. Yeah devs should totally listen to those special snowflakes, yeah okay. Not. 

I rather have everyone experience these items just like masks. I've owned those as well, nothing should feel permanently exclusive this is a crafting sandbox game afterall.

Edited by Niki
  • Like 1

Metal material system ... please don't nerf iron.

• Like 1

Softer metals like copper and gold should be easier to work (improve/repair?), but should take more damage from use, especially any sort of combat. Possibly they should also just do less damage in combat, especially extremely soft metals like gold or lead.

Meanwhile, iron and steel should be harder to work than copper-based metals or precious metals, because, well, that's why the iron age took place after the bronze age, after all. However, they should be pretty resistant to damage, especially steel.

Some metals also corrode/oxidize more easily than others. For instance, realistically speaking, gold should have significantly less decay than any other real metal the game has, whereas iron left out in the open air should decay more quickly than most. The others would fall somewhere in between.

Of course, there's also weight to consider, but I have no idea how well Wurm would be able to simulate that. For example, a gold rake should be so heavy as to essentially be useless. Same for a gold sword.

It may be worth noting that zinc as a standalone metal doesn't really make a whole lot of sense for this game's level of technology. Zinc as its own isolated metal wasn't even discovered until the mid-1700s in the real world, because it's so difficult to isolate.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, KalinMenajin said:

Great news! I think this update might mark a new era (at least for a while).

Suggestions for metals:

Gold -No natural decay, more dmg from use. (gold is forever, but a soft metal, easily dented)

Silver -Normal use and decay but faster to repair and imp back (bigger imp ticks)

Copper -dmg from use but repairs don't need lump (just tools) and can be repaired on the road (like ancient Greeks did)

Brass -lower dmg from decay and use. Hard to repair and imp.

Bronze -bronze armors take less, almost no dmg from use.

Zinc -now zinc could be the decorative metal. Being white, easy to dye and have colored gear. Fragile in use.

Tin -should be the joker of the metals. Whatever created, takes immediately the ql of the lump. No imping. But each hit reduces it by 25% dmg. No repair available. One-time-use paper items XD

Lead -Heavy and soft metal. Great for arrowheads +2 to dmg

Steel -As is, needs a bit less dmg taken. Still takes too much in comparison

Not touching moon metals and their bonuses -it will make a lot of ppl angry fast.

These sound great. But also silver needs a +1 against worgs. :D

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Epic skill adjustments

We've been monitoring a lot of feedback from Epic, and it's clear that stats gain is too low, in the next update we'll be increasing the gain from characteristics to make getting PvP ready much more quick and smooth. I know it's not exactly been a lightning fast process, but we are working on a few other aspects to improve getting new players PvP ready quicker, as well as encouraging roaming and active play on Epic. It's no easy process, and I understand many are frustrated with how bugs impact pvp more harshly than pve, but we will be working on improving that over the next few months too.

Real time footage from Epic, where the population celebrate the news.

weeds.gif

• Like 13

Would be very interesting to see what bonuses for metals will be as it doesnt seem to be easy topic to balance/give at least a pinch of realism that kinda makes wurm, some wogic is okay but not too much :P I would love silver weapons to have extra dmg against some creatures, maybe valrei creatures and uniques and also to see silver armour burn those creatures when they attack it. I'm not a big fan of gold tools and weapons as they dont make sense to me, even in fantasy, and for me gold there is always something that is related to magic and religion. Steel as hardest metal to produce should have more benefits than now at least more dmg reduction at use, or even better more dmg from steel weapons. Bronze maybe allow to be imped cold and hold enchants longer or give x% skilling bonus so bronze tools could be oriented towards skilling while steel tools can be oriented towards efficency. There are also nice points on natural decay for made in previous posts i think should be considered. Hard to come up with somethig for zinc, copper,lead and tin beside tin items should be lighter in weight...

Edited by kochinac
  • Like 1

Drag to container

The image shows 100 locks being dragged to a chest and it just goes into the chest. However, I would like to see a dialog box pop up beforehand asking how many items you want to drag to that chest. Another example, altars. What if I only want to drag 12 chopped veggies to my altar from a crate? Get what I mean?

Metal Types

Not all metals are created equal. Granted. However, I've invested a lot of silver into acquiring rare tools (iron) over a period of time, imbuing them and runing them. Now, all of a sudden metal types have specific bonuses and penalties. I'm worried about how this is going to affect the 10+ rare, imbued, runed tools I have now. Are they going to suck after? Are they going to be better than before? Will they be worth less because now we have new metal types and the iron rares will depreciate hardcore in value? I'm somewhat concerned...

Heave ho!

What is the point of adding a timer to placing large objects if there is nothing a player gets out of waiting for that timer? We aren't getting skill ticks for placing an item are we? Why add a timer just for the sake of a timer when it has no benefit whatsoever to the player? I could be wrong but it seems like this is redundant. Why not just let it be instant like other items being placed? What do we players gain from having a timer on placing?

Just hoping for some answers to help clarify these points... that's all.

Edited by Neville
  • Like 2

Neville brings up a good point: There are a lot of unique/legacy items around, for example, made out of bizarre materials. Changes to metal properties sound great, but what does that mean for, say, my supreme tin shovel?

• Like 2

I know the UI overhaul is underway, so I'm sure it won't be a problem once that's done, but... While you're on the little QoL kick, it would be really cool to see what materials are needed to finish an item in the crafting window instead of the crafting list.

• Like 3