Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

outfitter role/merchandiser kingdom office for pmks

On 3/4/2018 at 1:06 AM, bdew said:

Because i think it would be a bad addition with negative effects on the game.

For the same reason i can go and paint the Brazilian flag on my car if i want to, without being a citizen of brazil and playing on another continent.

What negative effects would this have on the game?

Bdew you SHOULD look at it as a similiar concept to Copyrighted materials, if you want to use someone elses copyright you pay them.

PMK's cost money to found, and they get a handful of small items that only they can craft.

Why would you not have to pay for ability to make them too?

This is indeed a medieval game, so why bring into the discussion a car and the brazilian flag? If you wore a tabard from another kingdom in the medieval days you would likely be in some serious trouble. Same goes for flying the flags of another kingdom. If you want this to be a medieval game but you want to be able to craft items from a PMK you have not joined, then they should be able to do exactly what they could have done then and raid and pillage your village. I'm glad in the modern society you can do as you wish like this but you are the one who made the point this is a medieval game.

Edited by necroe

17 minutes ago, necroe said:

What negative effects would this have on the game?

Bdew you should look at it as a similiar concept as Copyrighted materials, if you want to use someone elses copyright you pay them. PMK's cost money to found, and they get a handful of small items that only they can craft.

Why would you not have to pay for ability to make them too?

First of all as i said in an earlier post - the concept of copyright doesn't make any historical sense for wurm setting, there is no DMCA and DRM in the dark ages.

Second i think siphoning money from PVE servers to PVP is not good for the economy and this game's longevity. Wurm economy is already extremely deflated and having money move over to PVP servers (which have significantly lower population) is just making it worse.... and there's barely any flow the other way around.  Tighter controls over kingdom items will just make it easier, which is one of the reason why i'm against.

Third, i think if people want to found a PVP kingdom, then they are paying for that, not for being able to profiteer from selling items on PVE servers. If the price is too high then maybe it needs to be changed, which could be a separate discussion.

Edited by bdew

1 hour ago, bdew said:

First of all as i said in an earlier post - the concept of copyright doesn't make any historical sense for wurm setting, there is no DMCA and DRM in the dark ages.

Second i think siphoning money from PVE servers to PVP is not good for the economy and this game's longevity. Wurm economy is already extremely deflated and having money move over to PVP servers (which have significantly lower population) is just making it worse.... and there's barely any flow the other way around.  Tighter controls over kingdom items will just make it easier, which is one of the reason why i'm against.

Third, i think if people want to found a PVP kingdom, then they are paying for that, not for being able to profiteer from selling items on PVE servers. If the price is too high then maybe it needs to be changed, which could be a separate discussion.

1. come steal some food off of my dinner table and i'll show you what dmca looked like in the middle ages

2. barely any flow the other way around? if you cut chaos from the rest of freedom you'll see a collapse in the market. Chaos players buy massive amounts of materials and drake sets to name a few

3. you're -1'ing the suggestion because you disagree with a certain related mechanic, out of scope of the original suggestion

why am I even trying to debate with someone that brings up "dmca in the middle ages", when we're playing a game in 2018?

• Like 1