Sign in to follow this  
platinumteef

outfitter role/merchandiser kingdom office for pmks

hey

lots of people join PMK's and take advantage of their players by mass producing equipment with pmk graphics and then taking them to Freedom where they are completely safe and unobtainable by the PMK, and then those players leave the PMK before anyone finds out. this happened to our kingdom recently as we were still waiting for graphics to be updated before making a merchant thread, and a former pmk player was selling items he spammed before leaving the kingdom at insane rates claiming we wouldnt ever sell them ( he was selling black market style), when in our rules it said please dont sell them we want to pay for the kingdom first

my suggestion is to make an office for PMK's that can be assigned to 2-3 people that allows them to make kingdom swag (banners, wagons etc) and only those 2-3 people can make the PMK graphic ones, the rest come out freedom isles

• Like 10

seems like it would be better to have a toggle in the kingdom member list next to each name to allow/deny construction of pmk items?   only 2-3 seems real low, surely more than 2-3 people per pmk can be trusted and some people like to have their own sigs

4 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

seems like it would be better to have a toggle in the kingdom member list next to each name to allow/deny construction of pmk items?   only 2-3 seems real low, surely more than 2-3 people per pmk can be trusted and some people like to have their own sigs

that would be nice, but I feel like it would become burdensome having to check or uncheck potentially hundreds of accounts

just an office that can be freely assigned would work imo, no cooldown

Edited by platinumteef

Yes Pls. Good suggestion. Should be easy to code into game. 

Gogo

If it’s an office or perms that can be granted, sounds like a positive addition to the game that isn’t bias, is well supported and no negative repercussions to have it implemented. 

How soon can this be actioned? 

Originally posted "No thank-you -1"

After chatting with original poster will modify my comment as follows.

- Realized previously that we were talking about PMKs only

- For Epic I would not want this option because frankly I love that PMK stuff is easily available for capture. My favourite and most valued item on Epic is a Roman wagon I captured before the PMK graphics were on it (shout out to Yesirn who I only recently discovered was the original creator of the wagon). Been moving it from safe storage for years now, only recently got it back!

- For Chaos this stuff does represent a way of funding a kingdom and PMKs have a lot of things to take care of from the 100s for a Declaration of Independence to expanding the initial capital deed size to cover as many guard towers as possible when the PMK is created. It makes sense to give this option some type of controls for this reason because it gives the PMK some economic footing

- If I am honest because silver coins in your bank transfer between clusters I should also point out that in the past I used weapon sales on Freedom to fund the creation of several very large deeds (200 x 200) when VD first was created on Epic so it's really a similar concept.

+1 in summary

Edited by Nappy

15 minutes ago, Nappy said:

No thank-you -1

for what reason? can you explain how it hurts the game or its players?

keep in mind I said for PMK's, not template kingdoms. This is for people that pay to have their own kingdom and make their own designs, and its to prevent people from stealing their hard work and taking it to freedom to sell in bulk

Edited by platinumteef

Well on Epic you don't have the issue of them joining a PMK to spam out items to sell or if they did because it's a PVP cluster a PMK can take action. There is no freedom server where players can hide when they join a kingdom for all the wrong reasons. This is a problem dominant on Chaos. It has gotten to the point where it really affects recruitment and trust and has to be written into the rules of most Chaos PMKs. Everything else on our deeds we can set specific permissions to prevent recruits for gaining access - why not PMK items?

Also there was an issue today with a player who was kicked from the kingdom then when he crossed back onto Chaos we had to remove him again as it threw him back into the kingdom. Also if players leave the alliance but not the kingdom and nobody notices they can still make items and sell them for personal gain by hiding from the kingdom.

By making a permission to create kingdom items it is pretty much stopping all players who look for kingdoms to join for the pmk items or leaving a toon in the kingdom for the same purpose kind of void. Such a simple change would remove a lot of unnessecery drama from the game.

Also agree that it should be pmk's not template.

+1

+1

I agree and understand controlling the issue.  Just sucks for us honest people and don't want the change personally, but if it helps the community then I'm for it.

Wurm is a medieval (or dark ages) game, and during that period there is no copyright office, and no DMCA to threaten wagon owners with requesting the takedown of your logo from their side.

In the ultimate sandbox anyone could just paint his wagons or banners with whatever they want, the only reason it's limited to PMKs is due to technical limitation and resulting requirement of manual processing by the devs to add the designs to the game. 

Personally, i would prefer if anyone could make any wagon/banner/tabard design that is already in game regardless of their kingdom affiliation, because as it is now it's just used for profiteering and siphoning money from the PVE servers to PVP. 

14 hours ago, bdew said:

Wurm is a medieval (or dark ages) game, and during that period there is no copyright office, and no DMCA to threaten wagon owners with requesting the takedown of your logo from their side.

In the ultimate sandbox anyone could just paint his wagons or banners with whatever they want, the only reason it's limited to PMKs is due to technical limitation and resulting requirement of manual processing by the devs to add the designs to the game. 

Personally, i would prefer if anyone could make any wagon/banner/tabard design that is already in game regardless of their kingdom affiliation, because as it is now it's just used for profiteering and siphoning money from the PVE servers to PVP. 

Here we go the pvp hating pve player...

This would have little to no effect to you why even comment?

+1 GREAT SUGGESTION

• Like 1

17 hours ago, necroe said:

Lets just yell at anyone who disagrees and further enhance the pvp reputation? :P I do get kingdoms wanting to control who's making their wagons for sale, so I'll give this a +1 in the short term and a -1 in the long term ( I'd like to see all items craftable in the long term). I'm still laughing over how many times I've seen "Pve just cares about their monies only". Riiiiiiiight.

Edit: After further coffee I feel that giving PMK's a 3 month monopoly on their goods would be a nice window on which they could recoup their startup costs (which is silly high) and after the window has run out all items could be crafted across wurm. This would allow both sides to benefit.

Edited by Pingpong
Moar coffee!

48 minutes ago, Pingpong said:

Edit: After further coffee I feel that giving PMK's a 3 month monopoly on their goods would be a nice window on which they could recoup their startup costs (which is silly high) and after the window has run out all items could be crafted across wurm. This would allow both sides to benefit.

Nobody would buy anything in that 3 month window since they know they could get it themselves after it passes and not have to pay 10-20s for a wagon, 1-2s for a banner / tall banner, etc. . Literally nobody would be able to sell it.

PMK startup is expensive, and not easy to keep up afaik. Them having their own custom items doesn't seem unreasonable to me especially since they're required to design or get them designed all on their own as well. As a PVEr i'd benefit greatly from being able to craft the unqiue looks they offer without paying the premium prices established by PMKs gear. . Id rather see an alternative PVE "PMK" solution that allowed deeds or alliances to create their own gear in a similar fashion rather than ruining (what seems like) the only way for PMK's to recoup their start up costs.

7 hours ago, Pingpong said:

Lets just yell at anyone who disagrees and further enhance the pvp reputation? :P I do get kingdoms wanting to control who's making their wagons for sale, so I'll give this a +1 in the short term and a -1 in the long term ( I'd like to see all items craftable in the long term). I'm still laughing over how many times I've seen "Pve just cares about their monies only". Riiiiiiiight.

Why is it that you feel a player from another server that doesn't play in the kingdom should be able to craft the gear from that kingdom? What sense does that make? If you want to get free kingdom gear of a kingdom GO JOIN THEM. None of the kingdoms to my knowledge charge anyone for anything as long as your part of them. As well being part of a kingdom does not mean you have to pvp, you could very easily just craft, build, maybe defend and your kingdom mates would generally be happy with you either way.

6 hours ago, Xor said:

Nobody would buy anything in that 3 month window since they know they could get it themselves after it passes and not have to pay 10-20s for a wagon, 1-2s for a banner / tall banner, etc. . Literally nobody would be able to sell it.

PMK startup is expensive, and not easy to keep up afaik. Them having their own custom items doesn't seem unreasonable to me especially since they're required to design or get them designed all on their own as well. As a PVEr i'd benefit greatly from being able to craft the unqiue looks they offer without paying the premium prices established by PMKs gear. . Id rather see an alternative PVE "PMK" solution that allowed deeds or alliances to create their own gear in a similar fashion rather than ruining (what seems like) the only way for PMK's to recoup their start up costs.

I don't think this would be horrible so long as in doing so it require the same costs and the same player needed requirement otherwise this will become a horrible amount of work for the art/dev team. But thats for another suggest, let me know if you make it I will 100% +1 :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, necroe said:

work for the art/dev team. But thats for another suggest, let me know if you make it I will 100% +1 :)

I believe there are several out there.. it’s been a suggestion since PMK gear started. No need to make a new one Hopefully the Devs have noticed it by now lol

On March 1, 2018 at 9:47 PM, bdew said:

I beg to differ.  There were simply laws that certain colours or furs belonged to a specific class or ruling family.  The penalties would usually be rather painful and not many broke those laws.

This would be a valid extension of those laws since Wurm (or dark ages) type games would have something similar.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, necroe said:

Because i think it would be a bad addition with negative effects on the game. 

11 hours ago, necroe said:

Why is it that you feel a player from another server that doesn't play in the kingdom should be able to craft the gear from that kingdom? What sense does that make?

For the same reason i can go and paint the Brazilian flag on my car if i want to, without being a citizen of brazil and playing on another continent.

3 hours ago, Orsus said:

I beg to differ.  There were simply laws that certain colours or furs belonged to a specific class or ruling family.  The penalties would usually be rather painful and not many broke those laws.

In the same kingdom maybe?.. but people in freedom wouldn't be affected by such silly laws :P

6 hours ago, bdew said:

Because i think it would be a bad addition with negative effects on the game. 

For the same reason i can go and paint the Brazilian flag on my car if i want to, without being a citizen of brazil and playing on another continent.

In the same kingdom maybe?.. but people in freedom wouldn't be affected by such silly laws :P

Freedom isles is a kingdom itself. You’d abide by his laws and have no choice. (No stealing for example) 

Id bet the king couldn’t be troubled with stopping the smuggling of other kingdoms goods into his domains, but if all players were crafting wagons, flags, etc he might just have to go and shut it down completely before his beloved freedom isles lost its sense of self. 

(Point: it would be better to remove PMK graphics from freedom and make chaos only rather than allow anyone to craft any PMK item. At least that way the PMK founders aren’t getting screwed out of their own hard work that THEY paid for to put into the game. )

P.S. I’m obviously all for PMK graphics being sold and allowed on freedom.. please don’t make it chaos only xD

Maybe be an option could be added along with this to allow PMK’s to set their items as craftable by non-kingdom players if they were to be so generous. )

I detest the PvP monopoly on certain goods; it's a VERY bad idea (from a design point of view), it should never have come into place; it has been detrimental to the game as a whole as it divides the community.

The trouble is, it is a mechanic in place and this is cleary a case of mechanic abuse.

+1 to this fix; we'll need it when freedom gets its own PMKs ;)