Sign in to follow this  
KleverMonkey

Markets on Celebration

Do we have any active markets on Celebration? Before I go sailing around to the ones shown on the map I wanted to touch base. I like retail therapy even in Wurm. 

Tap Dance Market and I believe the guys at Skyforge are kicking around ideas for one.

A healthy server should have a market even if it's just one that's there for new players to be able to purchase items they need to get going in the game.

Last night I had plans to make a trip to TDM and found out that it would be a waste of time. 

Edited by KleverMonkey

Aarbi owns Tap Dance Market.  She is head GM on a WU server and as such rarely logs in WO, mainly just to keep upkeep going.

That aside, it's basically the only active market on Celebration... honestly feels like the majority of sales are done via forums and delivery to deeds.  I myself have 3 merchant contracts and don't even use them anymore.  I find I sell more by advertising and mailing then letting random players happen upon my merchants :/

A market could probably work on Celebration, but I think it'd need very active players to run it and advertise.  It'd also need prices that compete with the forums, because let's face it.. if it's the same price on the forums 90% of wurmians will let someone mail or deliver it instead of leaving deed to ride to the market.

• Like 1

I've had a merchant on my deed but no one pops up here to the NE and I'm too busy to ride down to TDM to stock. :( That's the main reasons I trade through mail :(

• Like 1

Another problem I find with markets... I do a lot of hunting and combat training, so I'm everywhere, and I stumble upon merchants a lot, but most host item that are over priced.

To me, it almost seems people priced their stuff years ago on the merchants and just left them there.  One trader on Deli has a rare PvP logsword for 15s.   I can get one for 10s or less on forums easy.  Not to mention, rare items are becoming as common as non-rare items, prices are constantly dropping for rare items.

The convenience of forum and mail sales is causing markets to become obsolete.

Edited by Nomadikhan

My idea on the market is more of a new player hub where they can purchase items cheaply to get running. Making the entry into the game a little smoother. I believe you should be able to get up and running with full armor, tools and weapons for a silver. That's not saying anything is going to be enchanted or perhaps low enchants people out on the items for free. I kinda feel like the game has moved in a direction where it's more about the love of the game and less about hustling silver.

That essentially was my dream - have a merchant with low cost, high ql items that a noob could afford. Real life and a few other things had sidelined it. Maybe with Kris' deed remodel, I can sweet talk him into a merchant space. ;)

Well by then I should be up and running. I just got back so my house isn't even finished yet and someone else is making my food and I haven't even brought my priests online as there is nothing for them to do yet. However once I get up and running I'll be happy to drop a couple merchants.

Hey the Skyforge  and Skyforge farms will be setting up a market trade area I constantly find new players online and hook them up with ultra cheap if not free stuff-

would even be willing to set up a forum thread based on Klevermonkey- Start out kit with the contribution of a few players-looks at pandy 8D for items which Im also happy to enchant with nice casts 80+

your thoughts on this and any CELE members who want to get on board with this

Im Galigan(crafter),Zalmo(Nahjo) in game and I also play Siegfried(Vyn)

I have an area on my farm at m/n 8 where im soon to build market trade area(stables are already under construction for unattended sales

working presently on hooking my deeds up to highway system

I am all for markets and will send my merchants over once your up and running.  Cele could use a good active market again.

I would think about an impalong as a grand opening.... Seriously, Cele hasnt had one in close to 3 years, maybe 4.  I'd imagine it'd be a great way announce a market.

Edited by Nomadikhan