Sign in to follow this  
Afira

cant run client

I posted this in the wrong forum please close it

Edited by Afira

If you don't specifically need 32 bit java just uninstall it.

Logs would be helpful, A LOT.

Edited by bigsteve

Oh if you are starting the client from a shortcut, look at the properties of it,

if it has the 32bit path, ie C:\Program Files (x86)\, change it to the 64bit path, should be C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\jp2launcher.exe or what ever the 64bit path is.

If this is Wurm Unlimited, it ships with its own bundled version of java, it shouldn't be needing or using any other java versions, and you are probably best off not running around changing system paths on your computer.

if this is Wurm Online, then it's posted in wrong forum section and we are probably confusing WU users into thinking they are supposed to be doing this.

** PS: agree with Bigsteve, posting logs would be helpful. Look for ones in your wurm folder named HS_ERR_Pid (most recent dated one) and client.charactername.log. Both would be great, but just one is better than nothing. 

It's really hard to help without logs.  

Also agree with Explora, if this is WO not WU, you are best off uninstalling any 32-bit java and only using the 64 bit java. there is only a very very small number of cases where an average users needs 32-bit java, so odds are that you are not in that group.  If it refers to the java in x86, x86 is shorthand for 32-bit. Unisnstall that and use only  the 64-bit manual install the THIRD link on this page: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

It could also be some other issue not related to Java, so if possible please post those logs.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

On 2/27/2018 at 6:21 PM, Explora said:

If you don't specifically need 32 bit java just uninstall it.

I do need iot

On 2/28/2018 at 10:51 AM, bigsteve said:

Logs would be helpful, A LOT.

how do I find one?

On 2/28/2018 at 10:56 AM, bigsteve said:

Oh if you are starting the client from a shortcut, look at the properties of it,

if it has the 32bit path, ie C:\Program Files (x86)\, change it to the 64bit path, should be C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\jp2launcher.exe or what ever the 64bit path is.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\javaws.exe" -localfile -J-Djnlp.application.href=http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp "C:\Users\Kathy2\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\41\5fef8269-4ed71f2a"

I changed the path to:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_161\bin\jp2launcher.exe" -localfile -J-Djnlp.application.href=http://www.wurmonline.com/client/wurmclient.jnlp "C:\Users\Kathy2\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\41\5fef8269-4ed71f2a"

it does not run at all

6 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

If this is Wurm Unlimited, it ships with its own bundled version of java, it shouldn't be needing or using any other java versions, and you are probably best off not running around changing system paths on your computer.

if this is Wurm Online, then it's posted in wrong forum section and we are probably confusing WU users into thinking they are supposed to be doing this.

** PS: agree with Bigsteve, posting logs would be helpful. Look for ones in your wurm folder named HS_ERR_Pid (most recent dated one) and client.charactername.log. Both would be great, but just one is better than nothing. 

It's really hard to help without logs.  

Also agree with Explora, if this is WO not WU, you are best off uninstalling any 32-bit java and only using the 64 bit java. there is only a very very small number of cases where an average users needs 32-bit java, so odds are that you are not in that group.  If it refers to the java in x86, x86 is shorthand for 32-bit. Unisnstall that and use only  the 64-bit manual install the THIRD link on this page: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

It could also be some other issue not related to Java, so if possible please post those logs.

Heck I didn't realize I posted in the wrong forum I will try and find the right one

6 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said: