Sign in to follow this  
Finndar

Questions about the Archery page

I have never engaged in Archery in Wurm. It's on my list of things to do!  It's a long list.

I noticed @MordosKulledited the page today, and noted that more work on the page needs to be done.  So I figured, "Sure, let me take a look, and with my virgin eyes, and see what makes sense to me and what might not."   Generally I find the page informative.  It does need a good re-write for style and grammar, and to slightly reorganize a few sentences which may be placed better elsewhere.  But for now, I have questions, all intended to help improve the page.

• "The best bows are made from willow" -- Why?  

• "Quality of the bow string affects hit chance and the chance that it breaks." -- How about rarity?

• "Quality of the arrow affects hit chance and the chance that it breaks." -- How about rarity?

• "Quality of the bow affects the damage done." -- How about rarity?

• The "Enchanting" section contradicts itself.   It says that any enchantment that affects damage goes on to the arrow.  But then it lists Bloodthirst for the bow. 
  • Wind of Ages was quietly fixed for weapons, and works fully now to increase attack speed[1].  Does it now also work on bows?  

• Just my opinion, but Wurmpedia no longer has to "show its work" when making declarative statements.  I think we can remove Chrysanthy's 2014 testing data, which are already incorporated into the "Method" section.

If anyone has thoughts on these topics, or can help us improve the page, please post here or edit the page!  

Thanks,
Finndar

[1] https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/159990-optimal-weapon-enchants-what-do-you-prefer/#comment-1636983

Has answers for pretty much everything there

Woa works on bows but theres a shoot time cap and you hit it at like 55 archery so useless.

• Like 1

Finndar and everyone else, thanks for the posts. I am only just getting into archery myself, and as such, can only personally add what I learn and verify along the way (aside from reorganizing and grammar fixes and such). I'd love to get someone involved with high archery skills who may be able to help me to really bolster up the page. Anyone of the sort feel free to reach out to me :)

Also, Oblivionreaver, I'm not so sure I'm fully convinced of, at least, that very first formula. It feels more like the *10 part of that should be something more like *5. For example, if I have a 5ql bow string, a 1 in 50 "chance" just doesn't seem right. I could be wrong, but I think there's something else to it.

All help is appreciated!

• Like 1

A new version of the Archery page has been uploaded to Wurmpedia.   It incorporates the information learned in this thread.  It preserves much of the good information that was in the older version.  As noted in my first post, I removed the 2014 dataset.

The presentation of the data was completely reworked to hopefully flow better for users, and to be more organized by subject matter.

Edited by Finndar

It looks nice, well done!

It may be worth mentioning that you can use the select bar to stack up shots much easier than trying to double click or right click fire (although, it's only the default non-specific shot).

Looks like a great site.

I noticed a few things left out and a few errors that I corrected.

• Like 1