Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Favor regen while sleeping or offline

I suspect the reason favor only recovers while online has to do with PvP?  If so, can we readdress it and possibly enable favor recovery while sleeping or logged out?  I am cheap and don't sacrifice veggies for favor.  I just leave my priests online to recover over time.  This seems like a poor use of our personal computers as well as the servers they run on.  Is there any reason a priest should NOT recover favor while logged out or asleep in bed? 

If it is just never going to happen in WO, please move this to the WU "mod request" page ;)

• Like 1

Praying gives RNG favor.

Is there any reason to do anything?

Would miners mine if they could just sit in a mine and gather the same amount of ores?

Waiting online for favor to recover is slow.... and there are ways to get favor... by performing actions to get to the fun part of having more 'mana'...

Ok, is there much difference between spending 2.5 hours to recover 100 favor while online/afk or being offline for the same amount of time?  Favor regen is a natural process over time already.  I'm not doing anything to regen it now, just sitting there afk..  This request simply allows extra clients to log out, rather than leaving 5 clients logged in at once.

The current wurm client is pretty buggy for a lot of people.  We used to be able to run many clients at once without troubles, but now people are finding it difficult to keep more than one client running for any length of time.  Some folks have no trouble at all, but a significant number now struggle with milti-client wurming.

I don't really see a huge benefit to be gained (from a PvP perspective) from being offline.  

I +1 this, because I really don't see a reason to disallow a priest's favor regen offline.

• Like 1

regen at any speed

it doesn't really affect vets other than tiny qol, since they are fully capable of just dumping chopped veg and maxing favor.  it does however help newer priests that don't have access to the best favor materials yet

• Like 2

Sounds reasonable to me.

Maybe just disable it on pvp servers.

• Like 1