Sign in to follow this  
Equinox

[PAYING] for "title" mod

Hello,

I would like a mod that allows me to add custom titles through the GM command #addtitle. If that's not a possibility, maybe through a .properties file. I would be willing to pay over PayPal.

Thanks, 

Eq

Are you talking as in a mod that lets you just give players a title you specify? Or are you trying to tie custom title rewards to in-game actions (as in for example the way you get a title for reaching a specific level in a skill)?

Edited by Ignacius

I spoke to you about this in PM. https://github.com/jerone0601/TitleMod/releases/tag/V0.1   All the titles you requested and then some. All listed in the property file of the mod so you know the number to be able to add to each player in game. I used Sindusk code base from WyvernMods to pull this together. Just ripped out the parts you needed for the titles and made it work by itself. If you are running WyvernMods do not use this. There will be a conflict. 

Edited by Jerone0601
  • Like 1

This exceeds my expectations, thank you so much for doing this.

Could I suggest you create a thread in the "Mods" section of the forum for easy access for anyone interested in this mod?

On 11/6/2020 at 1:55 PM, Cuddles said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjnBltNOSFjChA-bOycEymA3ZiGu?e=YGBN5v

updated.

I take no credit for work on the mod, I purely got rid of the errors created by WU patches at some stage

Can we use this to create new titles that are granted, rather than based on skills?  If so, how do we do it?  Do we just add them to the list at the top ("Requested Titles")?

it was all hard coded, so no real options for adding your own, i'd need to rewrite it for that.

in chat just type

#addtitle Coldie 550

character name Coldie would get the title for 550.

#Title 550 Murderer
#Title 551 Original Settler
#Title 552 Peace Officer
#Title 553 Founder
#Title 554 Crazy 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cuddles said:

in chat just type

#addtitle Coldie 550

character name Coldie would get the title for 550.

Okay, thanks.  Two more questions, please.

1. Do we need to remove the # in front of the Title lines, to make them active?

2. If we change the wording, will it change the title given?  For example, if we change 551 in the properties file to "Legacy Player" instead of "Original Settler" will it give the new wording for the title?

it is all hard coded, the properties file is basically just a copy/paste from the code, changing anything in properties file will do nothing.

Bump!

This is what I was looking for in 2018, but would like something I can continue to add titles to as the need arises. Still paying if anyone is up for it.

Maybe something with like 50 available spots? As the server owner adds titles we just uncomment and replace "unused" with whatever we need.

Title 550 Murderer
Title 551 Original Settler
Title 552 Peace Officer
Title 553 Founder
Title 554 Crazy 

#Title 555 unused
#Title 556 unused
#Title 557 unused
#Title 558 unused
#Title 559 unused 

ok same link, updated it to be more versatile.

properties file has this.

#list names only and use ; between names.
#id values start at 800 and go up by 1 each time.
titlelist=Murderer;Original Settler;Peace Officer;Founder;Crazy

so

#addtitle Coldie 800

would give player Coldie the title Murderer

Honestly not sure what will happen to people who already had title 550 and so on but since in game titles went up to 530 I decide to start at 800 just in case the devs decide to add in 30 odd titles and break this mod. You could probably add in 200 titles if you really wanted, you would need to remember which number is for which though  haha

This is perfect! Thank you !!

In title list we can just add new titles?

titlelist=Murderer;Original Settler;Peace Officer;Founder;Crazy;Over Sleeper;Flower Sniffer

correct, just add what ever. Keep in mind with code and strings you might get issues with using ' or " in the name.