Sign in to follow this  
HalyGM

Tree problems

Hi there, 

I run a personal server for a few of my friends to play on and I am finding that we just don't cut trees down. The problem with this is propagation of trees no matter what the setting, makes entire areas completely full of trees. Is there some easy way to get rid of all trees old and above throughout the server? Or is there a way to select a whole area and destroy the trees?

Thanks 

You can activate your Ebony Wand, rightclick on ground ----->  Specials ----> Change terrain

Here you can change the ground....1 tile or a bigger area, and save the settings for further use

After saving the settings rightclick ground ----> specials ------> paint terrain....voila

Change the tree spread rate. They will continue to grow, but at least really really slow spread rate

Edited by Governor
  • Like 1

I set mine to 1 in 100000000000.

It workes abit, but it still spreads some.

My setting is the default of 20, but i dont know what this mean chance 1:20. 20 of what? i find nothing in the forum, i am also like that the trees are not spawning my maps so fast, i like a decent spreading time, not too fast and not too slow.

47 minutes ago, Eject said:

My setting is the default of 20, but i dont know what this mean chance 1:20. 20 of what? i find nothing in the forum, i am also like that the trees are not spawning my maps so fast, i like a decent spreading time, not too fast and not too slow.

1/20 chance that when the tree grows or goes through a tick, it will spread. Increase it higher and the chances of a tree spreading will be reduced.

3 minutes ago, Trenix said:

Increase it higher and the chances of a tree spreading will be reduced.

Yeah, that i know, but i dont know what the tick is, i would like a explanation for this so i am able to set a good value.

1:20 means one tree in 20 seconds and 1:10.000, one tree in 10.000 seconds or other? eg. a tick is one per hour and than 1 of 20 tress have a chance to spread?

What you wrote is that what i thought, but not that what helps me ;) thanks anyway.

Eject

On 2/24/2018 at 2:24 AM, Eject said:

Yeah, that i know, but i dont know what the tick is, i would like a explanation for this so i am able to set a good value.

1:20 means one tree in 20 seconds and 1:10.000, one tree in 10.000 seconds or other? eg. a tick is one per hour and than 1 of 20 tress have a chance to spread?

What you wrote is that what i thought, but not that what helps me ;) thanks anyway.

Eject

I'm not sure how long a tick is, might be every 3 days judging by what others have said on forums. The 10 in 1:10 does not mean that in 10 seconds it will spread. It's actually like 1/10 chance when the tree grows, it will spread. Therefore the higher the number is, the less likely it will spread.

• Like 1

I believe the tick is not 3 days.

Its what ever part of  the game mechanics code that deals with sprout propergation, ie when a tree grows and in its sprout stage the % chance occure if there is a free tile with in range

A tree has 15 stanges of which there are 4 are sprouting stanges.

Some trees grow quickly, (pine) other grow slow (oak).