Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Is this possible (Deedplanner Link) - Question on Bridges

I had the idea to use bridges between two buildings as a roof to simulate one large building.

Ultimately creating a huge single structure (at least, seems that way well enough for me).

So i have some bridges right next to each other and its hard for me to explain it it seems, so i figured i'd just post a pastebin of it and see if anyone could tell me whether i'm in the clear or not with confidence.

Deedplanner link below, just focusing on the bridges to be sure this is all possible before I actually begin construction. (I dont wanna find out midway through i need to redesign xD.. its big)

PS, ignore small things like flooring type (i plan for it all to be slate for the dark castle look, but its easier to see and use the deedplanner with lighter colors). Also some rooms are semi-decorated to give myself an idea of what i'm going for, but the deedplanner is super limited on object placement so don't judge any of that very harshly lol

Oh.. and definitely ignore the dock area building.. its awful looking and i just slapped that together so i knew where i wanted it. :P

Link: https://pastebin.com/ACmrXEge

Thank you!

It looks possible, but I'd prolly do 4 and 5 as one four wide bridge.

Important is to not have any roomtiles under and to have a tile between where they meet.

The slopes I can't see, but you have to stick with the max 20 slope, so to get a bridge up one level (30slope) it takes 2 tiles, to get a bridge up two levels (60 slope) it takes 3 tiles .

Bottom level is 33 but all your bridges are well planned to start higher up.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cecci said:

It looks possible, but I'd prolly do 4 and 5 as one four wide bridge.

Important is to not have any roomtiles under and to have a tile between where they meet.

The slopes I can't see, but you have to stick with the max 20 slope, so to get a bridge up one level (30slope) it takes 2 tiles, to get a bridge up two levels (60 slope) it takes 3 tiles .

Bottom level is 33 but all your bridges are well planned to start higher up.

Is 4 wide possible? I thought i read somewhere 3 wide was max?

Also, i Was unaware of the slope rule, but luckily that won't affect any of the plans i have haha.

(I did miscount, and had the middle building at 102 carp skill required xD. Adjusted it slightly and created a larger bridge (7,8,9 combined into 1). Luckily that seems like it will work well enough as well.

What do you mean about not having a roomtile between where they meet though? Just so i know in the future, none of these bridges are actually going OVER a building, just connecting buildings.

It is possible but 4 and 5 cant have different materials. Make 3-tile bridges, I think 4-tile can't work also.

Don't forget the 'walls' your bridges will create for you. Get on wurmian view and walk under to see.

Past 5 tiles your bridge is also gonna give you a pillar.

I have done this with 3x3 bridge-ceiling

Also, the adjacent bridges will give you different curves underneath so it might not look good.

Edited by KalinMenajin

Between is the key word :)

(Under the bridge is what I meant and you clearly know that part!)