Sign in to follow this  
ozmods

where is the update

you said the weekend or early next week, well guys it's now late in the week and there is still no update

just sayin

Was there a beta for any new update to test the mods and new features?

Normaly we would see new mod versions before an update goes live.

Eject

Last week, retro, posted therewould be a beta update either by weekend or early this week, well they blew the ar$e out of that... They are proving to be like politicians say one thing then do another lol... #notesarcasm ??

WU server owners and players should not wait for the devs to give us updates, they have already proved they just wanted WU cash boost, and now we are literally negligible to them, we are neither here nor there. Simply play or run a server and dont wait on the WO devs. Quite pointless, false promises.

Cash boost?

You are aware that Code Club AB only gets cash from WU one time per sold copy

and never get any more cash to pay for developers to make the WU updates.

19 hours ago, Cecci said:

Cash boost?

You are aware that Code Club AB only gets cash from WU one time per sold copy

and never get any more cash to pay for developers to make the WU updates.

Yeah but over 318.000 WU owners actually.

http://steamspy.com/app/366220

Edited by Eject

You are aware about 300 000 came from a Humble Bundle?

That didn't bring much cash.

doesnt matter, i just felt angry that we got lied to, this isnt the first time they promised an update and nothing has been done, but doesnt matter now anyway, i'm done with WU to be quite frank with you, after this promised update didnt come through, i guess it doesnt matter to them, becauase  their only interest is really in the WO, where they actually MAKE MONEY, as where they make diddly squat from WU, the game needs more than it currently has, as in it needs npc, it needs official modding support, and there are a plethora of other issues, but you know those already...

i got bit really hard with steam hammer, they too promised an update, and since then the game has been abandoned to die along with alot of other games..

ozmods, you have swayed me to make an account, thank you for that.

There is a reason so many game copies have been sold and yet this thread is only a few posts deep and half of them are yours.... sit down and get ready...

It's OKAY. It'll be OK. There is not a conspiracy, there isn't some grand agenda, gamers are not rioting in the streets for updates.

It would be great and wonderful if the update came out. Anytime they do update WU though it has an effect on mods and the servers with people on them. so.. its

in the best customer service interest to try not to update the game every 5 mins and instead do bigger less frequent ones that do not disturb a product that is functioning.

Id much rather wait awhile and them attempt to do it right the first time, than patch and follow it up with fixes after crashes. There still may be a little of that, it happens.

And about making money, any company that doesn't want to make money is not a company but a charity organization and even those probably make more money than you'd like to know about =)

Deep breath, calm down, tin foil hat check.

• Like 6

Maybe the update is simple not ready. I believe its another work for WO as for WU (other code? other functionality?), i dont know.

Just wait, i am sure if the update is working fine, it will come.

Last I heard on discord was they were working on merging it, but ran into conflicts. It should be coming soon.

People can defend all they want, quite simply, those who bought and play WU have been let down over and over again. @Cecci yes Cash Grab, even if 300,000 of those were humble bundle thats £300,000 there, +the other 18,000 at around £20 each is another £360,000, so yes a cash grab, nothing more, nothing less. WU players get ###### on.

I love the game, and I'm amazed at how many wonderful updates have happened since it began just a couple of years ago. It's pretty cool that we get upgrades and don't have to pay for them. It's great that our mod creators put in all that hard work to update their mods each time, too. I felt like I was buying the game as it was, just like any RL product, and every update is just icing on the already-great cake. Most of all, I am totally grateful that the update is not being rushed out before it's ready. 

Edited by Batta
  • Like 3

yeah..... its better when they do their job correctly as if they put an update out which destroys all your work instantly!

so.... calm down all of you and dont be angry that the update wasnt ready at the time!

Edited by Sonneillon
  • Like 1

In some parts of the world it is already early-march, so well how about the update which was promised for mid to late january now. I guess we should always ask for the year.

Edited by Sklo:D

Check down the back of the sofa, I always lose stuff down there.

The update is taking way longer than anticipated and it sucks, I'm sorry. 

We've had several issues with it, from RL issues, and major conflicts when merging such huge changes from WO into the WU branch, picking things that won't necessarily be coming to WU (i.e. changes to the skill system and things that would not go down well in WU) 

We're also improviing the pipeline to make merging easier in the future, and avoid the issues we've faced with this update and will definitely face in the future without taking these steps. 

I know it's frustrating waiting, it's frustrating for us too, we want them out and in beta asap, and we're working towards that. 

As a sneak peek of whats coming:

Spoiler

General Changes & Additions"

• New: Archaeology and Restoration skills have been added.
    • Players can now investigate tiles with a trowel to find fragments of items
    • Investigating on old disbanded settlements has a chance to yield unique items
    • Unidentified fragments will need to be identified with the use of a chisel or metal brush
    • Each identify action will reduce the weight of the fragment.
    • Once the fragment weight is equal to the weight of the fragmented item, the fragment will become a fragment of the item.
    • Using the correct tool to identify will increase the amount of weight lost each action
    • Fragments can then be combined with fragments of the same item until the complete item is made.
  • Added "May plant" permission to village roles.
  • New:  You can now re-pave a highway tile without having to destroy catseyes and waystones and disrupting the valid highway.
    • NOTE over 20 body strength will be necessary for this
    • Permissions are required to do this on deed and in perimeters.
    • You can also pave bridge parts when they are part of a highway, also can be repaved once paved.
  • New:  In addition to renaming the shelves in the Bulk Storage container unit, you can now also rename the shelves of the larder and the large storage unit.
  • New: Mine door graphics have been improved and mine door animation has been added.
    • Placing a mine door will now level the upper border of the mine entrance to the lowest side.
    • If the border is shared with a fence or house it will remain uneven.
    • The top border will need to be flat in order to have opening animation
    • If top border is uneven the new textures will show, but opening animation will not.
    • Mine doors can now be removed with the use of a crowbar.
      • To remove a mine door you must be the owner, or have the manage item permission.
  • New: Bulk-to-bulk transfers
    • Amount transferred is depending on your strength in relation to the weight of the item type you’re transferring. If you can carry 20, you’ll move 20 at a time. If you can carry (the weight of) 2000, you’ll transfer 2000 at a time.
    • Take note that the carry weight respects how much you’re currently carrying in your inventory.
    • The action ‘ticks’ once every second, so it’s not a long wait.
    • Multiple actions of transferring can be queued.
    • The action is triggered by dragging a bulk item from one bulk container to another, you will have the regular bulk item transfer options (default numbers up to 50), MAX, or entering a number in the text field at the top. If you have 500 iron lumps, but only want to transfer 430, enter the number in the text field.
  • Face shots will now take head armour as the armour value.
  • Added iron plate armour
    • Base damage reduction rate of 63% on regular servers or 65% if epic Epic system is enabled.
  • Meditation path level up cooldowns have been lowered and the cap has been reduced from 24 days to 18 days
    • Level 1: 12h
    • Level 2: 1 day
    • Level 3: 2 days
    • Level 4: 4.5 days
    • Level 5: 8 days
    • Level 6: 12.5 days
    • Level 7+: 18 days
    • If your Meditation skill is higher than current level x 15 the cooldown timer will be halved (e.g. If you have higher than 45 Meditation, the time between level 3 and 4 will be 2.25 days instead of 4.5 days.)
  • A new creature movement system has been introduced to improve creature AI
  • Changed the speed penalty of all plate helms to be the same.
  • Player god missions should no longer spawn on Freedom.
  • Instead of being individually added upon branding, creatures will now have a special role for citizens with brand permissions on a deed. This will mean leaving the deed will revoke all permissions on branded creatures.
  • Wires can now be put into bulk bins.
  • Lurker in the woods cast pendulums will now show the name of the champion creature located instead of “presence”.
  • Lurker in the woods and Lurker in the deep cast pendulums will now scale according to server size:
    • 2048 tile servers will be power / 100 x 64 = tile radius.
    • 4096 servers will be power / 100 x 128  = tile radius.
    • 8192 servers will be power / 100 x 256 = tile radius.
  • Added small bag
    • Small bag is created with a needle on leather.
    • Small bags are not containers, but are used in creation of saddlebags.
  • Added saddlebags
    • Saddlebags are created with a leather belt on a small bag, and finished with an additional leather belt and small bag.
    • Any weight in the saddlebag will count as half weight for speed calculations on the horse.
    • Saddles are now considered containers, which can only take saddlebag items.
    • Saddlebags are placed inside the saddle on the horse, and can be reached by the equipment menu
    • A separate option to access saddlebags independently of the equipment menu is in the works, but not available at this time
  • Adjusted some creatures spawn tile requirements to prevent the over abundance of seal colonies on rocky shores. Rats can now spawn on rock near water and seals may spawn on beaches.
  • The ability to dig dirt or resources directly into a pile has been added. The keybind dig_to_pile will allow you to dig dirt and other resources and have them go into a pile at your feet.  Once the pile is full, the resources will go into inventory. This is only available via the keybind which can be set in the console or in the keybind tab on the settings page.
  • Hell horses now have new colour names to differentiate them from regular horses.
    • Brown > Cinder
    • Gold > Envious
    • Black > Shadow
    • White > Pestilential
    • Grey > Ash
    • Ebony Black > Molten
    • Piebald Pinto > Nightshade
    • Blood bay > Incandescent
  • Examining a live horse or hell horse will now give it's colour in the examine message.
  • Title for masonry 100 added - Another Brick In The Wall
  • Sealed containers can now be placed on merchants.
  • Sealed dye containers will now show the RGB in the title.
  • New keybinds:
    • INVESTIGATE - Used to find fragments on ground tiles (uses trowel or shovel after 20 skill).
    • IDENTIFY - used to identify fragments (uses chisel or metal brush).
    • COMBINE_FRAGMENTS - Used to combine fragments of the same type.
    • PAVE - Pave the whole tile with the pavement type.
    • PAVE_CORNER - Pave the nearest corner half of the tile with the pavement type.
  • New: You can now add notes to your friends list.
  • New: You can now clean your furnaces after use and collect the ash which can be used in the creation of other products.
    • Once a furnace goes out, or after being lit for 30 minutes and snuffed, ash can be collected  with the 'clean' action by activating a shovel and right clicking the furnace
    • This will provide firemaking skill
    • Resulting quality is incluenced by firemaking skill and quality of furnace
    • QL is based off your skill and the QL of the furnace (random QL based on both).
  • New: Attempting to dye an item with not enough dye will tell you how much you need
  • New: You can now paint/dye certain items with one color for the wood and another for the cloth portion.
    • Dye is removed from the wooden sections with a wire brush
    • Dye is removed from the secondary (cloth) sections with lye equal to half the weight required to dye the item in the first place.
    • Note: Items that are currently dyed will have both primary and secondary sections coloured.
  • New: Wood-type shaders have been added, so many items will once again show different hues for the different wood-types. This includes wood-types for the newly added trees which never had a different hue:
    • Orange
    • Linden
    • Oleander
    • Fir
    • Chestnut
    • Walnut.
  • Change: With the addition of adding a second dye color to some items, all dye amount requirements have been reviewed and adjusted.
  • Change: Adjusted affinity gain chances to favour skills more than characteristics. This change is aimed at avoiding the majority of affinities being characteristics and to result in skill affinities being more common. We will continue to monitor and adjust affinity chances in further updates if necessary.
  • Change: Meditation abilities that only affect yourself are no longer affected by deed permissions.
  • Change: Increased post grace period decay rate for offdeed red catseyes and waystones with only one valid link.

Overkilling Changes:

(Note: Overkilling is the mechanic that stops any skillgain, affinity gain, rank bonuses etc from killing a player in PvP too often)

• The time limit of 3 hours between kills to trigger overkilling of another player (after having killed them at least 3 times already per player) has been increased to 6 hours.
  • Overall kills on a single player are now tracked, and will count as overkilling if killed more than 3 times by any other player in a short time.
    • When killed in PvP a player will gain a death count and a 3 hour timer will tick down.
    • If killed while that timer is ticking down, another death count will be gained, and the timer will reset to the 3 hour mark and start again.
    • After this timer has ticked down, a death is removed from their count and the timer will reset if any death counts remain.
    • If a player’s death count increases over 3, then any PvP kills against them will count as overkilling until that death count is again below 3.

Epic system changes:

Spoiler

These changes are activated by ticking the epic checkbox in server settings.

• Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
    • Leather from 45% to 60%
    • Studded from 50% to 62.5%
    • Chain from 55% to 62.5%
    • Cloth from 35% to 40%
    • Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
  • Changes to metal type damage reduction bonuses for armours:
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll from 10% to 5%
    • Steel from 2% to 2.5%
  • Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
    • Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
    • Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
    • Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
    • Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
  • Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
    • Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
    • Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
    • Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
    • Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others.
  • Changes to how Bloodthirst scales damage at higher powers:
    • Bloodthirst damage bonus has now been reduced to 33% of weapon damage at 10,000 power
    • Bloodthirst power gain no longer slows down after 5,000 against creatures.
  • Locate Soul range has been reduced to 200 tiles. Beyond that range you will receive the message "No such soul found".
  • Upkeep costs for Spirit guards on Epic servers will now scale according to how many you have, starting at 1 silver per month for the first guard, and increasing by 50 coppers more than the previous guard
    • 1 guard 1 silver upkeep
    • 2 guards 2.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver)
    • 3 guards 4.5 silver upkeep (1st guard 1 silver, 2nd guard 1.5 silver, 3rd guard 2 silver)
  • Oakshell changes:
    • Oakshell now properly slows a mount based on power of cast
    • A cast of under 70 power will give the creature a rare glow, a cast of over 70 will show a supreme glow.
  • Players in mines will only have a 20 tile (radius) local visibility both below and above ground, so no more hiding in mines to spy on a 80 tile above ground local.
  • Travelling through an epic portal will generate sleep bonus on the server you left at the same rate of sleeping in a bed
  • Kingdom influence on Epic servers will now update dynamically when towers are captured or destroyed without needing a restart.
  • Scale and drake armour will no longer drop upon leaving the world.

Player Gods

• Once a player has ascended to demigod status, they still control a random hex, allied to the god that favours their kingdom and hostile to others. Being defeated in combat will remove them from the board.
  • If their god wins and can promote an ally, the player god will ascend to godhood and become a full god.
  • The player god is then removed from the Valrei board, but still is allowed followers, priests and a spellbook, they will no longer move on the valrei map or give missions.
  • Deity statistics have been changed from Vitality and Strength to:
    • Body Strength, Body Stamina, Body Control, Mind Logic, Mind Speed, Soul Depth, and Soul Strength

Deity Fights

• When gods meet on the same tile they will move into a smaller hex map for the fight. Fights can be viewed and replayed from the valrei map
  • When fighting, gods may perform different actions, and favour those more suited to their stats
  • Ranged attack - Body stamina, Body control
  • Spell regeneration - Mind logic, Mind speed
  • Melee attack - Body strength, Body control
  • Defence (passive) - Body strength, Body stamina
  • Deity spellcasting - Soul strength, Soul depth
  • Sorcery spellcasting - Mind Logic, Soul depth
  • Spell defence (passive) - Mind speed, Soul strength

Scenario Rewards

• Rewards from completing scenarios will now be split across three tiers
    • Tier 1 (1 winner): top 20% of contributors - random single use tome.
    • Tier 2 (3 winners): Top 50% of contributors - 3 random tome fragments
    • Tier 3 (5 winners): entire pool of contributors - Seryll lump or random tome fragment
  • If a player has already won a reward, they cannot win again in that scenario reward pool.
  • Tier 1 winners that are also in the top 5% of contributors will have a small chance to win a huge egg or key to the heavens instead of the single use tome.
  • Deity rewards upon a scenario win have been changed slightly to take into account the new skills used in fights, and more balanced rewards.

•  

Mission Difficulty

• Missions will now generate on a difficulty scale, with higher difficulty missions providing more scenario points, sleep bonus, and karma.
  • Current mission difficulty, available sleep bonus and karma can be viewed in the mission details window
  • For each successful mission completed, the difficulty will go up by 1 for the subsequent mission.
  • Failing or not completing a mission will lower the difficulty of the next mission by 2.
  • If a member of another kingdom sabotages a mission that is possible to sabotage (e.g. cutting down a tree), the mission will be failed and lower the difficulty of the next mission by 2.
  • Mission types are separated by difficulty, with home servers getting easier missions, and enemy servers getting harder missions.
  • Sleep bonus is now divided amongst participants similar to how karma is
  • Successfully completed missions will also provide boosts to deity stats. If a deity wins the scenario they will keep the boosted stats into the next scenario.

Mission Changes

• New mission types
    • Destroy guard tower in enemy territory
    • Sacrifice creatures
      • This will require lowering the creatures health and then using a sacrificial knife on the creature in the corresponding gods domain,
    • Kill tower guards
  • Changed mission types
    • Missions involving creatures to be killed or sacrificed will now spawn those creatures specifically for the mission..
    • Traitor mission creatures will be marked with a special effect and will also have oakshell.
    • Trees marked for a mission will now have a special effect.

New Affinity System:

• When using a skill characters will now have a small chance to gain an affinity in that skill upon a successful skill check.
    • On average once every 2 hours, a character will open a 15s window of time where every successful skill check will have a chance to gain an affinity in that skill. (e.g if you are mining during this window, you could gain an affinity in mining, pickaxe, miscellaneous items, body stamina, body strength, soul strength, mind logic, mind, soul, or body)
    • The chance to gain an affinity is 1/500 if you have no affinities in that skill, 1/1000 if you have one affinity, 1/1500 if you have two affinities, 1/2000 if you have 3 affinities and 1/2500 if you have 4 affinities.
    • If an affinity is successfully gained during the 15s window, the window will reset and no more will be able to be gained until the next window on that character.
    • This window will remain open and check every skill tick until an affinity is gained or the 15 seconds is up.
    • We will be monitoring these chances and making changes as necessary.
  • Stealing affinities upon killing a character in PvP has changed:
    • If the dead character only has one affinity total, they will not lose that affinity and the killer will not gain an affinity.
    • If the dead character has more than one affinity, then a random one is lost and may go to the killer.
      • If the dead character has more affinities in that skill than the killer, then the killer will gain that affinity 100% of the time.
      • Otherwise, the chance for the killer to gain the affinity is dependant on the difference between the number of affinities in that skill each player has (before the dead character loses the affinity).
      • If the difference is 0, the chance is 50% for the killer to gain the affinity. Difference of 1 is 25%, difference of 2 is 12.5% and difference of 3 is 6.25%.
    • If an affinity is lost by the dead character and none gained by the killer, then the killer will receive a timed affinity in that skill that will last for a week.

Client Changes:

• Added rain occlusion - rain and snow will no longer appear under roofs. (GLSL and FBO must be enabled in your client for this to properly work)
    • NOTE: This does not mean that paved tiles inside buildings will no longer have the snow texture.
  • Rain occlusion is now linked to Detailed Weather option in settings.
  • General performance improvements.
  • Addressed memory issues with other players in local.
  • Addressed crashing issue with latest Nvidia drivers.

Bug Fixes:

• Bugfix: Various text fixes.
  • Bugfix: Rounded stone bridge icons now have correct images.
  • Bugfix: The chocolate milk recipe should no longer be shown as a sub recipe when cow milk is required.
  • Bugfix: Building over planted items underground should give you the take option as it does above ground.
  • Bugfix: Action bar will now correctly identify what you are gathering (kelp, reed or grass) based on the tile type.
  • Bugfix: Fixed error message when viewing history of branded animals via right click permissions.
  • Bugfix: Pulp and paper now indicate the correct woodtype.
  • Bugfix: Disallowed PvP opportunity attacks on other players on PvE servers, except in spars/duels.
  • Bugfix: Rare fishing spots will now correctly move when the season (and thus fish type) changes.
  • Bugfix: PvP - Disabling lawful now lets you bypass anti-archery permissions and gives penalty for doing so
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with mining or digging a tile corner from too far a distance.
  • Bugfix: Horse and Hell Horse corpses should match the color of the live horse/hell horse.
  • Bugfix: Fix for bulk bins taking the 5% tax tick immediately when moving them from deed to off deed.
  • Bugfix: You should no longer lose total fillet weight when adding them to a bulk container. Fillets will still be reduced to .30 wt, but the quantity will be increased to reflect the total weight of the fillets before putting them into a bulk container.
  • Bugfix: Tree stumps for centered trees will now also be centered.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused herbs planted while in inventory falling to the ground with the message that they will not fit in the planter rack.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a bug which allowed a mine entrance to be opened onto a bridge.
  • Bugfix: Dug up artifacts (endgame items on PvP servers) will have the correct number of charges (30) as recharged artifacts.
    • WARNING:This affects all artifacts not in ground, dug up artifacts before this patch will need recharging before the older 4 month time and the charges on the artifact will be reduced to 30 if they have more than 30 charges remaining when they are picked up.
  • Bugfix: Fixed issue preventing planting catseyes (and waystones) under bridge entrances.
  • Bugfix: Removed creator tag on a few bulk food items that should not have had tags at all.
  • Bugfix: Inventory groups will no longer be able to destroy floors or take damage from that action.
  • Bugfix: Timers for flattening and leveling tile borders have been corrected.
  • Bugfix: Mining timers should now scale properly starting at 25s at level 1.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

A new creature movement system has been introduced to improve creature AI

Thanks. You just ruined my day

All fine @Retrogradebut the masonry title "another brick in the wall" is not a good choice.

The song was written by Roger Waters, who was inspired by his own school days during the 1950s. Waters expresses his displeasure over the then felt by him suppression of students by sadistic teachers. (Google translation):
(Hey, Teacher, leave us kids alone. All in all you're just another brick in the wall)

Eject

Edited by Eject

2 hours ago, Amadee said:

Finaly a better creature AI, i hope with this not all bulls or something are walking to north or collect next to the water.

I just miss a better mission ruler system :/

I also miss coin rewards in missions

Sorted list in the create menu for GM´s

(animal sounds ;-) )

2 hours ago, Amadee said:

I hope I can improve it by pointing out the feature can be disabled if you prefer the older system.

18 minutes ago, Eject said:

All fine @Retrogradebut the masonry title "another brick in the wall" is not a good choice.

The song was written by Roger Waters, who was inspired by his own school days during the 1950s. Waters expresses his displeasure over the then felt by him suppression of students by sadistic teachers. (Google translation):
(Hey, Teacher, leave us kids alone. All in all you're just another brick in the wall)

Eject

When ap layer hits 100 in a skill we give them the opportunity to choose the 100 skill title, I believe this very song is the reason for choosing it.

12 minutes ago, Eject said:

Finaly a better creature AI, i hope with this not all bulls or something are walking to north or collect next to the water.

I just miss a better mission ruler system :/

I also miss coin rewards in missions

Sorted list in the create menu for GM´s

(animal sounds ;-) )

1) This will include improvements to the mission ruler system

2) coin rewards won't be in it because it would mean they became eligible for valrei mission requirements

3) use the filter!

4) they'd drive you mad

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

This will include improvements to the mission ruler system

Yeah :) i am very curious about the new system!

Thank you @Retrograde;)