Sign in to follow this  
magdegreen

small full screen and showing desktop

So, this has been a problem for a week or so now on my win10 laptop. When I launch the game it shows like this. 

sWy2ble.jpg

My graphics settings, to show they are set to full screen.

Ns6sKsK.png

The only thing I have found thus far to fix the issue is to uninstall this windows update. Because it's windows 10 the update doesn't stay uninstalled, and I haven't tried to figure out how to keep the update uninstalled.... not that I really want to, it's a security update lol.

JhoBhU9.png

This is my machine stats, and yes I did disable the Nvida card to see if that would fix the issue first, it didn't. 

hpRdPpI.png

Did You try alt+enter?

Edited by Votip

to prevent windows updates:

go to Windows settings

Network

wifi

manage known networks

click on the wifi network you want to block updates on

choose properties

turn "metered connection" to on. 

Microsoft won't download updates over a metered connection and risk possibly racking up a massive data bill for you.  I do this every time I am in a very low bandwidth situation.  MS doesn't care that you are trying to use the bandwidth for something else when they are ready to update you, so this is just about the only way to hold them back.  I miss the days when we could choose to turn auto updates off.

Keep in mind, you need to do this on all wifi connections you might be using, if you wish to block updates completely.  The second MS smells an unmetered connection, it will take over and download everything.

Edited by Wurmhole
  • Like 1