Sign in to follow this  
Ignacius

"Soul Chest" - Store your items, access them from any Soul Chest in the world

Idea for WU with ago's modloader... A craftable storage chest whose contents are on a per-player basis, and can be accessed from any such storage chest in the world. If you've played Minecraft, the concept is basically the Ender Chest.

Settlement tokens do already give you a bank which serves a similar purpose, but it can only hold 5 items and you must locate/travel to a deed to make use of it. This could be crafted and placed anywhere in the world (though probably best to not allow picking up the chest itself).

It would be a neat addition to a server. :) I just called it a "Soul Chest" as it seemed like a fitting Wurm name for such an object. Perhaps the amount of items that can be stored could be linked to the Soul Depth characteristic somehow (it's currently not used for much).

• Like 3

Isn't that the same as the bank account feature at settlement tokens?

Maybe.. if it was like 1 item per 10 SD or something. But I don’t like the sound of this I think. 

Would there be a limit on size? Would it allow containers which would then basically create tons of free super safe storage?

the pvp implications would be bad I think. 

@Sklo:D Yes as I mentioned it's essentially describing the same functionality, but this would just be a craftable version. For your bank account, you're required to travel to the village and access your bank at the settlement token, and it has a hardcoded limit of 5 items... The thing with this though, is the contents are accessible anywhere and to anyone, and I tossed in the possible concept of linking its capacity to an attribute of the player somehow. If you can craft and can get to the chest, players (including you of course) can access their "soul chest" inventory.

@Xor Absolutely this has pretty severe PvP implications for which servers would want to exclude such a modification lol. Though, subjecting the chest to decay, being unable to pick it up, maybe making it bashable?, and its availability to all players may be possible to balance. I'm not sure, but mods are of course always optional for server administrators even if not :)

Thinking about this more, maybe it'd be a good idea to make it GM spawnable, and optionally craftable (.config)

Edited by Ignacius