Sign in to follow this  
Neville

[SOLD] WTS *Potential* Starter Battery / Priest Character

This is the original dump from when I bought the character:

Since that time I've used it so some of its skills have increased slightly. I will provide an updated skill dump below. The top skills for this character are Hot Food Cooking (HFC), Farming, Fighting, Mining, Cooking, Carpentry and Woodcutting. It also has refresh (meditation - Path of Love) already. I replaced its default set of non-enchanted tools with a beginner set of BOTD tools and an extra set of cloth armour I had laying around. While this character was intended to be used as a battery, it does have some channeling (26) from someone who used it as a priest in the past. Finally, it comes with a sailboat so you can start your journey. It had 20 faith when I bought it and was converted to Paaweelr (currently 13.25 faith).

SKILL DUMP (Note: Skills under 20 are not shown below with the exception of affinities (purple) and keep in mind it does have Path of Love / refresh.)

Spoiler

Skills dumped at 20-Feb-2018
-----

Prayer: 30.29522
      Channeling: 26.957579
      First aid: 25.302044
   Archery: 22.470945

Mining: 50.490547
   Digging: 35.346973
   Ropemaking: 21.652828
   Cooking: 48.478134

Hot food cooking: 84.62086

Baking: 6.159678 *
   Nature: 34.458176
      Farming: 63.648655
   Fighting: 57.066223
      Normal fighting: 33.367455
   Miscellaneous items: 43.659275
      Shovel: 22.977894

Rake: 54.09432
      Pickaxe: 52.55653
   Axes: 25.569633
      Hatchet: 29.82299
      Longsword: 34.3929
   Woodcutting: 38.1652

Carpentry: 47.451687
      Ship building: 21.451454
   Mind: 24.131474
      Mind logic: 29.285204
      Mind speed: 20.478107
   Soul: 23.85595
      Soul depth: 27.595003
      Soul strength: 22.621704

Body: 24.888447 *
      Body strength: 25.730242
      Body stamina: 22.969843
      Body control: 22.165537

Faith: 13.245664

Alignment: 97.8999

CONTENTS (Note: Open the image in a new tab or window and zoom in.)

Spoiler

qFquvjM.jpg

Make your offer in-game, through forum PM or as a reply to this thread... If I'm not on Neville, try Mylulv or Longbottom :-)

Edited by Neville
Coloured the skills. Added faith.

Just now, VirusMD said:

faith?

It was 20 faith when I got it. Currently, 13.25 after being converted to Paaweelr.

Title says battery/priest, but its neither? What ARE you selling then? The title is pretty misleading. You should edit it.

5 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Title says battery/priest, but its neither? What ARE you selling then? The title is pretty misleading. You should edit it.

My point is that it has the potential to be a battery or starter priest. Someone's going to have to work on it. Isn't it obvious?

Anyway, I made it more obvious now... sorry for the confusion...

Besides, getting its faith up isn't a huge deal... just needs a sermon group.

Edited by Neville

Oh I get what you mean now. Just thought it odd you called it a battery since that is all a battery is: faith. I could roll a fresh character and put it up for sale in a week as a potential battery. Or a potential fighter. Or a potential crafter. Unless you have the skills, selling it as such is just sleazy. You cant market potential, only skills.

Regardless, good luck with your sale.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Oh I get what you mean now. Just thought it odd you called it a battery since that is all a battery is: faith. I could roll a fresh character and put it up for sale in a week as a potential battery. Or a potential fighter. Or a potential crafter. Unless you have the skills, selling it as such is just sleazy. You cant market potential, only skills.

Regardless, good luck with your sale.

There is nothing odd about this post. It can be a battery or priest character. It already has some channeling and stats. It's still better than starting from scratch. Some people like more than just "faith" in a battery. This character happens to have 85 HFC and Farming over 60 so it's a bonus. I was going to turn this character into a battery after I purchased it. However, I acquired another account instead and don't need this one anymore. It was useful to me as a Cook and Farmer for the time I used it. I'm sure someone else will see the utility in that as well.

You could roll a fresh character and put it up for sale as a potential battery. However, this character is NOT fresh. It has some useful skills. It's not "starting from scratch" and your whole bit about it being sleazy does not apply since I was transparent from the very beginning. I even added Faith in the skill dump after your first comment. I never hid anything. Someone can take it, attend sermons, and turn it into a battery or a full-blown priest if they want. The option is theirs. It already has some channeling to get them started. It's still better than nothing.

At the end of the day, I wish you had PM'd me about your concerns instead of blasting my thread with your attitude. I guess that's on you though. I remain civil about the whole thing. If weren't interested in what you saw, then why bother with the drama.

I hope this *pleases* you now that I've cleared everything up. Someone will offer me something for this account eventually. Notice I didn't post a price. That means it's 100% negotiable based on what I've included. Again, I'm sure someone will value this account as they don't have to start from scratch.

The only reason why I commented is your title said Priest/Battery. Not *potential*. That is a misleading title since the char was neither. In forum communities that is what is called "clickbaiting" and its a sleazy act. I am not showing attitude, I am pointing out a fact of what you are doing.

Ok. Since you went into that critical tirade about my posts, lets go ahead and price check your character so no one falls for this tactic you are using by not posting a niarja and trying to "upvalue" its skills. I would normally not do this, but since you are questioning my character, lets play that game.

Character pricing is based on skill value. It is widely accepted that the starter level of any skill is at 50. This is based on the fact that you can grind most skills with very few exceptions to 50 in a few hours.

Your character has 3 skills above 50. One is mining, one farming, and the other is hot food cooking. Market value for cooking is easily quantifiable by panfilling. Any skill prior to 20 is worthless since you dont need prem for it. From there - 6k pans get you from 20 to about 85 depending on if you use food or not. Thats worth 12 silver at full market price. Mining is at 50. Its starter skill level. Its also a gathering and body building skill. At level 50, mining has no value. Farming is not marketable prior 85, since veggies at 99ql are plentiful and no one buys 70ql veggies when you can get 99ql often at 80-90c/1k. But its a convenient skill to haveT. Lets give you 2s for it. That's the extent of your valuable skills. Now, the rest of the skills, which have no market value, can be obtained in about a month of full time game play. That costs 2s at the moment. However, the fact that you dont get to create your own char and name it, etc, means it devalues your prem time to 0. Time spent, fun had. That leaves you a grand total of 14s.

Now your assets. The only thing of Value is the compass. 1s. 

Thats a total of 15s, if I made a char from scratch and skilled it up to the skill this char is at. But you never get your money's worth when selling characters. And no one sells chars at a profit. They always cost more to make than you sell them for.

In the end this Char is valued at 5-10e. If that.

But by all means. Go ahead and sell it. Just make sure you know the facts before calling out people who are pointing out what you are doing wrong. Dont try to be slick and take advantage of the community, by using misleading tactics then get offended when someone calls you out on it.

9 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

The only reason why I commented is your title said Priest/Battery. Not *potential*. That is a misleading title since the char was neither. In forum communities that is what is called "clickbaiting" and its a sleazy act. I am not showing attitude, I am pointing out a fact of what you are doing.

Ok. Since you went into that critical tirade about my posts, lets go ahead and price check your character so no one falls for this tactic you are using by not posting a niarja and trying to "upvalue" its skills. I would normally not do this, but since you are questioning my character, lets play that game.

Character pricing is based on skill value. It is widely accepted that the starter level of any skill is at 50. This is based on the fact that you can grind most skills with very few exceptions to 50 in a few hours.

Your character has 3 skills above 50. One is mining, one farming, and the other is hot food cooking. Market value for cooking is easily quantifiable by panfilling. Any skill prior to 20 is worthless since you dont need prem for it. From there - 6k pans get you from 20 to about 85 depending on if you use food or not. Thats worth 12 silver at full market price. Mining is at 50. Its starter skill level. Its also a gathering and body building skill. At level 50, mining has no value. Farming is not marketable prior 85, since veggies at 99ql are plentiful and no one buys 70ql veggies when you can get 99ql often at 80-90c/1k. But its a convenient skill to haveT. Lets give you 2s for it. That's the extent of your valuable skills. Now, the rest of the skills, which have no market value, can be obtained in about a month of full time game play. That costs 2s at the moment. However, the fact that you dont get to create your own char and name it, etc, means it devalues your prem time to 0. Time spent, fun had. That leaves you a grand total of 14s.

Now your assets. The only thing of Value is the compass. 1s. 

Thats a total of 15s, if I made a char from scratch and skilled it up to the skill this char is at. But you never get your money's worth when selling characters. And no one sells chars at a profit. They always cost more to make than you sell them for.

In the end this Char is valued at 5-10e. If that.

But by all means. Go ahead and sell it. Just make sure you know the facts before calling out people who are pointing out what you are doing wrong. Dont try to be slick and take advantage of the community, by using misleading tactics then get offended when someone calls you out on it.

1. I maintain that I never used any misleading tactics.

2. I posted the original skill dump in addition to my dump from the very beginning (i.e., facts).

3. I even edited my post based on your first comment and it still wasn't enough to satisfy you.

4. I didn't create this account (it was purchased from someone else) and I skilled it up a bit more.

5. I wasn't trying to be slick or take advantage of anyone. It was never my intent.

6. Instead of being civil and mature about it you just harass me online and I don't appreciate it.

7. I sold the account to someone who offered to pay 25e for it based on everything it had and its "utility", not its "marketability".

8. It's a mute point now to respond to any more of your harassing comments. Your attitude stinks.

Goodbye! Wish you all the best...

Edited by Neville
Tired of the harassment from Angelkaine.

If you feel I am harrasing you, there is a report button next to my post. I welcome you to use it. Then mods can warn me if they see it fit. Or not.

4 minutes ago, Angelklaine said:

If you feel I am harrasing you, there is a report button next to my post. I welcome you to use it. Then mods can warn me if they see it fit. Or not.

I just feel it was inappropriate for you to have taken this so far when I've done everything in my power to be transparent about the account, its skill dumps, its potential, its value (not marketability) to someone who may want to purchase it because I don't need it anymore. I'm not going to hold a grudge. I edited my post after you wrote your first comment to include current faith in the skill dump, edit the title, etc. I thought it would have stopped there. Honestly, the last thing I want is drama in Wurm Online. It was never my intent to mislead, or be sleazy. People understand that I'm sure. You're painting me out to be the opposite. That's an attack on my character and yes, I felt it was harassment. However, I'm done with this. I just want this thread closed now.

Edited by Neville